ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 86 of 190
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136186 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:47 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Would be a great time to trade LeBron and build for the future, but I'm sure he has a no trade clause and would throw a literal hissy fit.
He will be a Net next year.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:53 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Let's hope. I can't stand watching him play with these scrubs any longer.
[Reply]
TEX 03:53 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
:-) TRUTH!

Just a gun for hire.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:00 PM 06-04-2021
The Lakers would be relevant, I just don't think a 38 year old Lebron James in 2022 would be enough to even get to the title game. If they can pair LeBron + AD and some other superstar and LeBron plays more of a third man type of role then maybe but they are in no position to do that based on their cap situation AFAIK.

What is the oldest guy to ever really contribute on a team that won the championship? Probably Kareem Abdul Jabbar at age 39 or Tim Duncan at 37, and that was a different NBA where they could be a plodding back to the basket guy at that point.
The Lakers may be ****ed for sure, but I don't think they really have much choice but to run it back and hope both are healthy. They were the best team in the West this season before LeBron and AD got hurt and could be again.

And if anybody can contribute significantly to a championship in his late 30s, it is likely to be LeBron. I don't know that he'll be a #1 offensive option any longer, though. Look for him to make a play to get Curry or Doncic on his team in the next year or two.
[Reply]
Coogs 04:03 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Let's hope. I can't stand watching him play with these scrubs any longer.
Agreed!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:13 PM 06-04-2021
The Lakers would be relevant, I just don't think a 38 year old Lebron James in 2022 would be enough to even get to the title game. If they can pair LeBron + AD and some other superstar and LeBron plays more of a third man type of role then maybe but they are in no position to do that based on their cap situation AFAIK.

What is the oldest guy to ever really contribute on a team that won the championship? Probably Kareem Abdul Jabbar at age 39 or Tim Duncan at 37, and that was a different NBA where they could be a plodding back to the basket guy at that point.
Lebron will retire in LA. It's good for his post retirement career. And LA will gladly make a shitload of money off him win or lose.
[Reply]
Sorry 09:05 PM 06-04-2021
Lebron has terrible body posture when shit hits the fan sometimes but I’m down to trade Davis for dame
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:16 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Lebron will retire in LA. It's good for his post retirement career. And LA will gladly make a shitload of money off him win or lose.
This. He’s already been transitioning to his post basketball Hollywood career.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:23 PM 06-04-2021
Doncic playing his worst game of the series at the worst time. At the same time, Kawhi has showed up in a big way.
[Reply]
Miles 09:33 PM 06-04-2021
Some big shots from Kawhi here late
[Reply]
Miles 09:37 PM 06-04-2021
It’s impressive just how useless Porzingis has been in some of these games.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:38 PM 06-04-2021
Kawhi shows up in the biggest moments as always. Doncic is going to have to be a lot better on Sunday to give them a chance.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:38 PM 06-04-2021
It's so difficult to play defense now days when players are allowed to carry the ball and use those hesitation moves. I know they've allowed it forever, but it just seems to get more and more blatant.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:38 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by Miles:
It’s impressive just how useless Porzingis has been in some of these games.
He’s a broken down shell of what he was even a few years ago before the injuries.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:47 PM 06-04-2021
Lebron haters are so brittle and defensive. Can’t say one great thing about Lebron without them talking about Jordan.

Can’t you dumb fucking animals just let Lebron be great in his own era and shut the fuck up? Nobody does that shit with Joe Montana or any other iconic player of the past argued by some to be the best.

Like, if you hate Lebron for whatever reason, then fine. But some of you act like the dude is nothing more than a hulked out Chris Webber or some shit. Get the fuck out of here. He’s an incredible goddamn athlete and has been the best of an era of the NBA.
[Reply]
Page 86 of 190
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136186 > Last »
Up