Page 769 of 934
« First < 269669719759765766767768769 770771772773779819869 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
MTG#10 08:43 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Shag:
I'm not familiar - what do you like about UWMC?
I've been long on it since March. Great fundamentals, leadership and a nice dividend. Its a safe play that is easily, should be and very likely soon to be worth $10+. Until it gets there the dividend makes it worthy of holding.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:34 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by neech:
There are lots of mortgage companies out there what makes this one stand out?
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
I don't have a clue. That was just my best educated guess. Lew knows 1000 times more than me, so I'm curious what he sees too.
All correct and not saying this isn't a gamble. I just think this is a $10 stock in the rather near future and their earnings growth could be very nice, but yes this space is tight with competition.

https://www.wallstreetzen.com/stocks...stock-forecast
[Reply]
neech 11:21 PM 09-22-2021
Thanks lewdog.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:39 AM 09-23-2021
What the hell. I’ll throw a little in my piddle account. I’m out of good ideas there.
[Reply]
neech 07:40 AM 09-23-2021
PAVM Buehler.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:18 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by neech:
PAVM Buehler.
Looks like that dude already took off.
[Reply]
neech 09:45 AM 09-23-2021
Keeps inching forward.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:24 PM 09-23-2021
Got rid of CEI today . Just tired of watching it sit there. Came home and noticed it went up 29%, The Bitch!

Also dumped TWOH. Was down 6% after holding a week or so , looks like a bad choice. Came home and it had gone up 7% , The bitch!

Bought FERN at the open .up 25% today.

CYBL made me 17% today. Now up 140%

After two days of consolidation ILUS had another 23% run. Now up 720% It's at .40 and the target is $1-$3

I'm really getting addicted to these penny stocks
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:14 PM 09-23-2021
Those BITCHES.

Sounds like you got a bit of the Buehler luck going on.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:18 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Those BITCHES.

Sounds like you got a bit of the Buehler luck going on.
I sat on a ton, a fucking ton of KBLB for like 2 years at .02 Sold it off and the very next day it went to like .12

Sometimes it just blows your mind why things do what they do.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:35 AM 09-24-2021
Broader PF question for you guys: How do you think about emergency funds when you're otherwise set up really well?

I'd consider my wife and I to be pretty well off these days. Stable jobs that pay well. Unlikely that we'd both lose them at the same time. We are pretty good at planning ahead and have savings specifically earmarked for major travel, car, and home improvement purchases.

I've always been pretty conservative about saving and currently have easily ~4 months of true "emergency savings" allocated that would cover the unlikely event of both job losses. But I keep looking at that savings account total (which includes all of the other major savings buckets) and wondering if I could do better with at least PART of what we have saved.

We have years worth of savings in our Roths, which we could tap into in a true catastrophe. We're at about 70% equity on our house, so I'm not really worried about foreclosure kinds of scenarios. I wouldn't ever just dump all of my savings into an aggressive portfolio, but just curious if you guys generally cheat on the "X months of emergency savings" recommendations once you have a pretty good cushion built up in other ways.
[Reply]
Jenson71 01:13 PM 09-24-2021
I recommend putting some of the emergency savings into Chiefs failing to cover the spread. Ties it up for just a week and almost always nearly doubles your investment.

But in all seriousness, I'd say if you have the ability to get a HELOC at ~4% interest, you can afford to be less strict with emergency savings rules.

Full Disclosure: Not a financial adviser. Also, quite poor.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:22 PM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Broader PF question for you guys: How do you think about emergency funds when you're otherwise set up really well?

I'd consider my wife and I to be pretty well off these days. Stable jobs that pay well. Unlikely that we'd both lose them at the same time. We are pretty good at planning ahead and have savings specifically earmarked for major travel, car, and home improvement purchases.

I've always been pretty conservative about saving and currently have easily ~4 months of true "emergency savings" allocated that would cover the unlikely event of both job losses. But I keep looking at that savings account total (which includes all of the other major savings buckets) and wondering if I could do better with at least PART of what we have saved.

We have years worth of savings in our Roths, which we could tap into in a true catastrophe. We're at about 70% equity on our house, so I'm not really worried about foreclosure kinds of scenarios. I wouldn't ever just dump all of my savings into an aggressive portfolio, but just curious if you guys generally cheat on the "X months of emergency savings" recommendations once you have a pretty good cushion built up in other ways.
I'm a bit of a cash whore. But (the little bit I have) the farmland I have is held personally, plus I incur typically substantial tax liability. So pretty good chance I'm keeping more than you need to, but damn man, cash always spends.

Looking at what you posted here objectively, it's unlikely any of the cash requirements would happen concurrently. I think it's reasonable to stick some more in your ROTHs.

There are some other components I'd look at. You obviously have cash flow if you're saving. You could tighten that up (additional principle on mortgage or increasing your 401K or IRA contributions), and "borrow" from cash buckets if weird stuff pops up.

Another thing, I don't know your leverage positions on cars, but I wouldn't be afraid to keep cash back as a general fund, and borrow money for the next car. Every time the wife buys a car I run amortization tables on payments and for no more than money costs right now, I typically hang onto it and leverage to the extent that my cash flow can handle it. And the last one she got is pretty expensive, so I'm definitely curtailing that one a bit for the sake of cash flow.

Real Estate is an option, but not everybody wants to be a landlord. And while typically Real Estate would be a more stable investment, I don't know WTF to think about RE out there.

I don't know your financials, but I'd say it's probably safe to stick some of that elsewhere.

JMO
[Reply]
Pablo 02:30 PM 09-24-2021
Sounds like you’ve got some money that would best thrown at AMC Face.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:33 PM 09-24-2021
I have a 100K LOC at my disposal I can use for any emergency. I invest all my cash. That way my money is never sitting idle. If I ever needed to use the LOC for an emergency it's a tax deductible loan. I normally use the LOC for a major rental repair and then pay it off quickly with the rental income.

Didn't we just have this discussion??
[Reply]
Page 769 of 934
« First < 269669719759765766767768769 770771772773779819869 > Last »
Up