ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 382
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Shag 02:11 PM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
Buck was gonna' hook me up with some but he didn't find any at the one place he went to. Its OK though; I trade for Pliny all the time. I got 5 bottles in last week.

Which reminds me: I need to trade for a bottle of 2010 Dark Lord.
What'cha got? We got screwed on bottle quantity at DLD (which was SO poorly run), so I didn't end up with as much DL as I'd planned. Haven't decided if I want to give up any in a trade yet or not...
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:17 PM 04-26-2010
back when I drank, I really liked Bison Organic - belgian ale.
[Reply]
Reaper16 02:20 PM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by Shag:
What'cha got? We got screwed on bottle quantity at DLD (which was SO poorly run), so I didn't end up with as much DL as I'd planned. Haven't decided if I want to give up any in a trade yet or not...
I'm not sure what I could offer you, actually. Minneapolis peeps are the hardest people for me, as a Kansas Citian, to trade with because we pretty much get the exact same distribution. Its the only reason that I haven't been able to trade for Surly Darkness before. All the bigs guns that I could pull out are available to MN.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:24 PM 04-26-2010
Where's the Corona?
[Reply]
Reaper16 02:26 PM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Where's the Corona?
I put it in the cooler along with the neg rep. Lemme' grab a couple for ya'.
[Reply]
Shag 09:21 PM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
It should be on there, especially over average stuff like Dale's Pale Ale. I love The Abyss (though I may like Deschutes' other wax-capped dark beer, Black Butte XX/XXI even more).
Deschutes just started distributing in MN a few weeks ago, which is awesome. We're also getting Great Lakes and Odell starting in May. Excited to have some new brews from great breweries around...
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 10:40 PM 04-26-2010
Odell is meh.
[Reply]
Taco John 11:18 PM 04-26-2010
It's a crime that Rogue's Smoke Ale is not on this list.
[Reply]
Miles 11:21 PM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk:
Odell is meh.
Most of their stuff is fairly mainstream in style but I really like 5 Barrel as an alternative to Fat Tire. 90 Schilling and Levity are also solid beers.
[Reply]
Taco John 11:22 PM 04-26-2010
Also, Anchor Steam is bum piss, along with MOST Califonia brewed beers.
[Reply]
Miles 11:23 PM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by Taco John:
It's a crime that Rogue's Smoke Ale is not on this list.
There are plenty that are missing but it's the same with any list like this. Such as, nothing from St. Bernardus?

At least these types of lists generate discussion and give me new names of beers to try.
[Reply]
Jenson71 11:24 PM 04-26-2010
I hardly ever drink beer, but I do plan on getting a bottle of Carlsberg beer next time I'm at Old Chicago. My dad went to the original plant where they make it in Copenhagan (maybe it's the only place they make it at, but I don't know) and he really liked it.
[Reply]
Taco John 11:27 PM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I know it's not outstanding, but I still swear by Fat Tire and am pissed that it doesn't seem to be available on the east coast.
Fat Tire is one of the most overrated beers I've ever come across. I thought it was unique and interesting when it first came out, but that wore off quickly. I'll drink it if someone brings it over, but I'm not a fan of New Belgian Company brews.
[Reply]
Taco John 11:28 PM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by Miles:
There are plenty that are missing but it's the same with any list like this. Such as, nothing from St. Bernardus?

At least these types of lists generate discussion and give me new names of beers to try.

If you can get your hands on Widmer '10 (Pitch Black IPA), that is one fine damn beer.

[Reply]
Miles 11:30 PM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by Jenson71:
I hardly ever drink beer, but I do plan on getting a bottle of Carlsberg beer next time I'm at Old Chicago. My dad went to the original plant where they make it in Copenhagan (maybe it's the only place they make it at, but I don't know) and he really liked it.
It is a solid, smoothing drinking Euro lager similar to Czechvar and Stella.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 382
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Up