ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 325 of 382
« First < 225275315321322323324325 326327328329335375 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:59 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
A little red for SNF.

I had this while in KC for the Home Opener and wow.

I *think* I like Pineapple Papaya Fandango a little better, but Cherry is *chef's kiss*
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:23 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Yeah Panther Cub, that stuff was legit for a porter. I like KBS and love CBS. I know this is an unpopular opinion but I've always felt BCS is overrated...especially for the price.
KBS may be the most overrated stout of all time. CBS is pretty damn good. No idea how anyone could prefer KBS over BCS regardless of price.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:27 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
A Chicago lunchbreak:

Double Barrel Blantons BCS (left)
Prop '17 (right)
2019 Double Barrel (Elijah Craig) to-go

Goddamn I'm jealous.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:53 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Goddamn I'm jealous.
Apparently I forgot to block my after lunch calendar so I just spent the last 45 minutes on a call responding with "yep, sounds good" 1000 times just to get through it so I could piss.

So don't be too jealous.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:38 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Shag:
Pure Project is my favorite in town, followed by Modern Times. A lot would depend on what part of town you're in, and I tend to prefer smaller breweries, but here are some more good options:
- North Park Brewing Co
- Fall
- Eppig
- Burgeon
- Pizza Port
- Societe
Thanks! I think we get some Pizza Port, will have to look more closely at them.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:39 PM 09-23-2021
A Chicago lunchbreak:

Prop '17 (right)
Was there a favorite?

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Bearcat 07:47 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I had this while in KC for the Home Opener and wow.

I *think* I like Pineapple Papaya Fandango a little better, but Cherry is *chef's kiss*
I bought two four packs of the Pineapple Papaya Fandango and they were quite a bit different... think one of them was bad, because it didn't have the same body or flavor as the previous one. The first four pack was very good though.

I got hooked on the Cherry though and wish I had more.... it's not often I fall in love with a beer that isn't a 14% stout, but I would do things to that beer.

Let's just say it would totally be what it looks like.

[Reply]
KCUnited 04:49 AM 09-24-2021
Was there a favorite?

via GIPHY

DB Blantons is like a hot brownie

The banana has faded out of '17 Prop so its mostly cinnamon now but still very good

Not pictured was the '14 Barleywine which is tasting like old man candy in a great way
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 07:13 AM 09-24-2021
A Chicago lunchbreak:

Prop '17 (right)

How much did the small pours run you? Which tap house did you visit? I’ll be there next weekend and wanted to do something like this.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:17 AM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
How much did the small pours run you? Which tap house did you visit? I’ll be there next weekend and wanted to do something like this.
6oz pours were $14 per (its Chicago).

This was at the Goose Island Fulton St brewery, they have a separate brewpub location as well, so not to be confused.

Its their annual 312 Fest so lot of cellar and new BCBS stuff pouring through this weekend.

That said, they usually have some awesome stuff on and vintage bottles for on-site consumption or to-go.

They update their site and you can check Untappd to see what people are drinking there to better plan a visit.

https://www.gooseisland.com/fulton-brewery/
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:01 AM 09-24-2021
I've been to both Goose Island locations, great selection of vintage BCS... and if you're in the Lincoln Park area, Hopsmith has some as well (even though it was a much younger crowd with their loud music and shenanigans).

Read my Chicago dissertation below for more (including More). :-) ....largely created/suggested by KCU, of course.
[Reply]
Shag 09:27 AM 09-24-2021
Thanks! I think we get some Pizza Port, will have to look more closely at them.
Pizza Port doesn't can their best stuff, but the canned options are generally solid (not spectacular), if fresh.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:55 AM 09-24-2021
I've been to both Goose Island locations, great selection of vintage BCS... and if you're in the Lincoln Park area, Hopsmith has some as well (even though it was a much younger crowd with their loud music and shenanigans).

Read my Chicago dissertation below for more (including More). :-) ....largely created/suggested by KCU, of course.
Solid dissertation.

In addition, anyone visiting Chicago before the year end and are into saisons and wilds would be amiss to skip visiting Half Acre where they pour Keeping Together beers. Ex-Jester King brewer project. Unfortunately she's relocating next year :-)

I'll also add Dovetail and Metropolitan for anyone interested in perfectly executed Euro styles. Dovetail is cool because their beer garden sits under the elevated brown line and Metropolitan might have the best taproom in the city right along the Chicago river.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 10:16 AM 09-24-2021
Thanks for the tips. I’ve been wanting to visit Half Acre, Pipeworks and maybe Maplewood too.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:22 AM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Thanks for the tips. I’ve been wanting to visit Half Acre, Pipeworks and maybe Maplewood too.
Pipeworks only has a bottleshop with curbside pickup ATM. No taproom as of yet.

Half Acre is definitely worth a visit. Huge patio and solid beers + Keeping Together. They also currently have some Revolution barrel aged guest taps as well.

I love Maplewood. Its kind of small but has a cool lounge vibe. People either love the space or hate it. If they have any of their Cuppa line of stouts on, they're a must visit.
[Reply]
Page 325 of 382
« First < 225275315321322323324325 326327328329335375 > Last »
Up