ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 182 of 185
« First < 82132172178179180181182 183184185 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:47 PM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch:
:-) Spags and the boys threw this man into an existential crisis

Justin Fields after the Chiefs game: "I'm looking at it like the big picture, life in general to be honest with you. I think this past week has had me kind of look at it like: What are the important things in life?"
"I should've been an accountant..."
[Reply]
Dante84 04:52 PM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yup - I think this has to be a real concern at this point.

55 is old for a HC, but not a DC. Lots of teams like grizzled older DCs. And he has one year as a DC with Urban Meyer; not like he has some lengthy track record of failure.

Someone's going to hire him as a DC next season. He had some alcohol related strangeness in '05 and '06 (fired from Mississippi shortly after being hired; suspended for a couple weeks I think with Detroit) but that was 20 years ago now and I figure teams will probably be willing to look past it.

If the Chiefs stay at this level, and I think they will, I'll be surprised if they don't lose him. And before we get to 'well what Spags retires?' - I'm not a huge fan of that possibility either given that I think Spags coaches the shit out of DBs and I think he has developed some really good concepts and tendency breakers here in KC in his own right.

I think there may actually be some peter principle stuff with Cullen that we can't be sure of either way. But I know he's a HELL of a defensive line coach and I'd sure hate to lose him. He's a really good complement to Spags, IMO.
I just think it's pretty likely we will.
Dave Merritt has done a hell of a job with the young DB's as well, though I'm sure Spags has a big hand in that. Wouldn't be surprised to hear about him getting some DC consideration as well.
[Reply]
crispystl 05:04 PM 09-25-2023

Justin Fields after the Chiefs game: "I'm looking at it like the big picture, life in general to be honest with you. I think this past week has had me kind of look at it like: What are the important things in life?"
Hopefully for his sake playing football at an NFL level isn't one of those things.
[Reply]
Bump 06:21 PM 09-25-2023

I don't really get why the announcers and the average NFL fan all think that Fields is something special. He doesn't win, he doesn't pass the ball well. Just any QB that gets rushing yards is automatically awesome or something? He sucks
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:22 PM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by Bump:
I don't really get why the announcers and the average NFL fan all think that Fields is something special. He doesn't win, he doesn't pass the ball well. Just any QB that gets rushing yards is automatically awesome or something? He sucks
:-) We all know why
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:33 PM 09-25-2023

Chris Jones, what is best in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their fans

Travis Kelce, what is best in life?

ITS SCORING TOUCHDOWNS AND BANGING POP STARS AND IM ROLLIN
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:35 PM 09-25-2023
:-) We all know why
Let the rest of us know.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:06 PM 09-25-2023
The guys who called George a low ceiling pick are getting a crow burrito.

Tamba Karlaftis is gonna be special and he’s already showing it.
[Reply]
Fish 09:42 PM 10-12-2023
Damn fine game tonight. Got his hands on lots of balls. LOL
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:44 PM 10-12-2023
What a pick this was. Mc Duffie too. What a draft
[Reply]
carcosa 09:44 PM 10-12-2023
He's good
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:48 PM 10-12-2023
meeting like dt and neil

[Reply]
BossChief 09:51 PM 10-12-2023
He’s fighting through doubles and still being very disruptive.

What are OLs going to do for the rest of the year when they have to also account for Omenihu?

I think George will benefit from Charles being out there more than sone think. The guard that’s been doubling him will need to account for Charles now.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:51 AM 10-13-2023
He played a much better game last night than he did in Minnesota
[Reply]
staylor26 05:52 AM 10-13-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
He played a much better game last night than he did in Minnesota
The hamstring was clearly an issue last week.
[Reply]
Page 182 of 185
« First < 82132172178179180181182 183184185 >
Up