ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 135 of 185
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139145 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Bump 04:45 PM 12-14-2022
not too many rookies come out and lead the league in sacks. He's up there in pressures, which should be a good sign. But as you can see with Chris Jones (wanting him traded for not getting a sack vs the Bengals), it's really all about the sacks to 90% of fans.

It seems like he's having a solid rookie season tbh, he'll develop into a 10 sack guy. It's not like we are dealing with tyson jackson here.
[Reply]
TEX 04:58 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Trey Hendrickson : 32"

George Karlaftis: 32 5/8"
So, both have them. :-)
[Reply]
PHOG 05:16 PM 12-14-2022
I would think that with an off-season strength and conditioning program, OTA's, mini-camps, and training camp, plus just not being a rookie anymore, is going to turn this man into a monster DE. But that's JMO.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:32 PM 12-14-2022
Yeah no 21 year old has that man strength yet. He's young and battling legit giants of mankind
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:34 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Bump:
It's not like we are dealing with tyson jackson here.
Motherfucking this.

If you wanna know a 1st round DL bust looks like his rookie year, look at motherfucking Tyson Jackson.

Yeah i get it, different schemes/roles/player type...but my gawd the difference is night and day.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:49 PM 12-14-2022
George has literally been in the NFL for 3.5 months. You can't say what a rookie is, or isn't, after 14 weeks. He's been doing well creating pressures (i can't remember if he's leading all rooks or he's 2nd now) and he's been pretty good vs. the run. He has great core strength, a great motor, a pretty good tackler, and from what I can tell a pretty high football IQ.

We'll see how he develops over the next year or so, but I'm optimistic at this point.
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:14 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
George has literally been in the NFL for 3.5 months. You can't say what a rookie is, or isn't, after 14 weeks.
No, that's not true. I can definitely say his floor is already greater than Tyson Jackson's ceiling.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:17 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
No, that's not true. I can definitely say his floor is already greater than Tyson Jackson's ceiling.
Lol, okay, let's go with that.:-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:22 PM 12-14-2022
George has literally been in the NFL for 3.5 months. You can't say what a rookie is, or isn't, after 14 weeks. He's been doing well creating pressures (i can't remember if he's leading all rooks or he's 2nd now) and he's been pretty good vs. the run. He has great core strength, a great motor, a pretty good tackler, and from what I can tell a pretty high football IQ.

We'll see how he develops over the next year or so, but I'm optimistic at this point.
Sacks are fairly easy to understand and they're clearly important/emotional (crowd response). Pressures etc. are a tad more difficult to understand/appreciate, so it's not surprising that Chief Fan wouldn't understand/appreciate their value.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:31 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Sacks are fairly easy to understand and they're clearly important/emotional (crowd response). Pressures etc. are a tad more difficult to understand/appreciate, so it's not surprising that Chief Fan wouldn't understand/appreciate their value.
I appreciate pass pressure because a lot of times that leads to a hurried pass and incomplesion possible interception or intentional grounding. Pressure leads to mistakes by the quarterback. Knocking down the quarterback as he gets rid of the ball and no flag the quarterback feels that and can get him rattled.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:25 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I appreciate pass pressure because a lot of times that leads to a hurried pass and incomplesion possible interception or intentional grounding. Pressure leads to mistakes by the quarterback. Knocking down the quarterback as he gets rid of the ball and no flag the quarterback feels that and can get him rattled.

Finish the play. . Deforest Buckner had great pressure against Patrick in SB LIV all day then Jet Chip Wasp happened.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:12 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Finish the play. . Deforest Buckner had great pressure against Patrick in SB LIV all day then Jet Chip Wasp happened.
Sure, but the odds swing heavily towards it benefitting the defense. Chris Jones had pressure on Jimmy G. and it led to a huge interception in the first half of the Super Bowl.

There are... other playoff examples, but I'd prefer to keep my examples to pro-Kansas City ones.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:53 PM 12-14-2022
Here's the thing: According to ESPN, the top 15 EDGEs in the league historically only "finish the play," about 17% of the time. Probably not a great idea to hang your hat on the idea that your EDGEs are going to get sacks on a consistent basis.

But making a QB make a mistake by getting pressure on him is easier to do, plus if a DB gets a pick, the odds of being able to run it back or at least greatly change field position is much higher.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:02 PM 12-14-2022
Here's the thing: According to ESPN, the top 15 EDGEs in the league historically only "finish the play," about 17% of the time. Probably not a great idea to hang your hat on the idea that your EDGEs are going to get sacks on a consistent basis.

But making a QB make a mistake by getting pressure on him is easier to do, plus if a DB gets a pick, the odds of being able to run it back or at least greatly change field position is much higher.
Batted down passes are a great stat to show George has been way above average.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:02 PM 12-14-2022

Karlaftis has had multiple chances with Chris Jones being doubled and tripled and more whiffs and being a step behind than anything else. Stop with the homer stuff, because we are all complaining about the passrush or does Karlaftis JAG play counts as a scratch because he's a white guy lunch pale type.
[Reply]
Page 135 of 185
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139145 > Last »
Up