ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 19
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Media Center>Amazon Prime Video
DaneMcCloud 12:30 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This is great news! I still haven't been able to finish off Season 5 and I've given it a few more shots, too.

I guess I'll force myself to watch the rest...
I finally finished Season 5 this past week and I'm five episodes into Season 6. IMO, the program has returned to form.

It wasn't that Season 5 was bad, it's just that it's enough with the undercover drug nonsense, which I found to be too generic for a show with this much content to draw upon.
[Reply]
Bump 07:29 PM 04-25-2020
I liked the first season of Bosch, but couldn't get halfway through the 2nd before I became uninterested in it.

The same went for that hacker show with Rami Malek
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:19 PM 05-02-2020

[Reply]
keg in kc 12:39 PM 05-02-2020
That was how I saw it as well. It wasn't bad, but Bosch flying off to do the drug thing just seemed like a different show. Get back to the murders.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:49 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
That was how I saw it as well. It wasn't bad, but Bosch flying off to do the drug thing just seemed like a different show. Get back to the murders.
Yep.

I also felt like the city of Los Angeles, which played a huge role in previous seasons, was also missing from Season 5.

In regards to Season 6, it was a trip to see Bosch drive up my street and past my home as they were headed to Lake Hollywood. I was actually up at the Lake the day that scene was shot but I didn't see any of the actors, just the crew and the car he and Jerry drove to the crime scene.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:36 PM 05-02-2020
Just started watching Upload. Pretty inventive interesting new comedy-drama. On ep 2 and going to go the full season.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:06 PM 05-02-2020
I finally finished Season 5 this past week and I'm five episodes into Season 6. IMO, the program has returned to form.

It wasn't that Season 5 was bad, it's just that it's enough with the undercover drug nonsense, which I found to be too generic for a show with this much content to draw upon.
Glad you got caught up. Told you it was worth it :-).
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:30 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Thanks again, Broham! :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:12 AM 05-03-2020
Thanks again, Broham! :-)
LOL. I was just needling you a bit. Seriously though I’m glad you’re liking it. There are a lot of cop dramas out there but this is a good one IMO.

It is interesting the role the city plays in the show. I hadn’t even thought about it until you mentioned it. But that part is really well done.

I’m quite certain it impacts you differently than me because I’ve been to the airport once and you’ve been there for what? 30 years?

Nonetheless they do a great job of making the city an important character. As opposed to other shows just taking place somewhere. Probably as good of a job as I can remember since the wire.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:04 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I picked up pizza at our favorite joint tonight, which is less than a block and a half from the Hollywood Police station on Wilcox, which is where Bosch works on the show.

There were a couple of policeman outside waiting for their food so I said hello and picked up. After I put the pizzas in my car, I walked back over the policeman that were waiting. I’d been wondering for some time about the interior of the station on Bosch and how similar or dissimilar it is to the actual station.

Hey guys, silly question but I am a huge fan of the TV show Bosch and I’ve always wondered if it really looks like it’s depicted on the show or if it’s just a TV show station?

Oh, it is dead-on accurate to the inch and to the number of thumbtacks on wall. The Bosch crew spent a week measuring and taking pictures to perfectly replicate it.

So I guess they never actually film inside, just exterior shots?

They come in from time to time to film on the spot and it generally happens a few times per season.

——————

Mystery solved! :-)
[Reply]
Randallflagg 07:49 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Just started watching Upload. Pretty inventive interesting new comedy-drama. On ep 2 and going to go the full season.

I was surprised. I actually liked the show. Not bad at all.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 06:40 AM 05-11-2020
Started watching and finished season 1 yesterday. Really enjoyed the show. Looking forward to season 2.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:42 AM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Started watching and finished season 1 yesterday. Really enjoyed the show. Looking forward to season 2.
The last episode kind of pissed me off because they left us hanging - and probably nothing is going into production anytime soon due to the virus. The length between seasons of our favorite things is going to excruciating long wait.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:56 AM 05-12-2020
The last episode kind of pissed me off because they left us hanging - and probably nothing is going into production anytime soon due to the virus. The length between seasons of our favorite things is going to excruciating long wait.
Yea, it ticked me off too. Rough way to end the season and like you said, God only knows when season 2 will be.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:26 AM 05-03-2020
The only thing I know about LA is that city hall looks like it was designed to be a giant middle finger.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 19
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up