ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 21
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Does anyone else think we'll be fine?
Titty Meat 06:10 PM 09-26-2021
Offense isnt going to turn it over this much every game and theres some correctable things on defense to make them a top 20 unit. With some winnable games coming up I don't see reason to worry.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:09 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Except that's not a Spags defense. It's been noted that it's complicated and difficult to learn.

There was a LOT of miscommunication and times when players were supposed to hand off receivers to the next guy and it didn't happen, people in the wrong spots, etc.

We have a talent problem when we're forced to play Niemann and Sorensen because they at least know the defense.

Maybe we should just line up and play man more often, I'll buy that. I also think it'll get better as they play more in the system.

Baker and Hughes were first round talents. Thornhill a 2nd. If they can't get on the field because the defense is too complicated then we need to make scheme adjustments.

The utter lack of pass rush is a clear problem, no argument there. Jones is largely negated at DE. Reed has done nothing. Kaindoh too raw, and Danna is a decent rotation guy but that's all. Okafor? a nobody.
Sorensen is constantly out of fucking position.
[Reply]
Kman34 07:09 PM 09-26-2021
SFC
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:09 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The last 2 games Hill has been basically erased by teams that gameplanned for him unlike Cleveland...

Teams are literally dropping 7 and sitting in 2 high which frustrates the Chiefs offense to no end.
Except that if we don't turn the ball over 4 times today, we beat them by two scores at least.

We ran for 186 yards today, and had 437 yards of offense.

Hold on to the ball and we win handily.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:10 PM 09-26-2021
Sorensen is constantly out of ****ing position.
He sucks balls. We totally agree. I am only guessing that the reason they play him is because he knows the defense.

I can see no other earthly reason why.

He's fucking terrible.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:10 PM 09-26-2021
Except that if we don't turn the ball over 4 times today, we beat them by two scores at least.

We ran for 186 yards today, and had 437 yards of offense.

Hold on to the ball and we win handily.
But we did...for 2 years now we've basically shown if you make us go 10 plays to score we'll do something stupid with penalties or a turnover or we'll go to the redzone and kick a fg.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:14 PM 09-26-2021
Chiefs will go back to their third straight SB, and will have won 2 of 3 when it all shakes out.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:15 PM 09-26-2021
But we did...for 2 years now we've basically shown if you make us go 10 plays to score we'll do something stupid with penalties or a turnover or we'll go to the redzone and kick a fg.
We've had turnover issues for two GAMES not two years.

And we scored nearly 30 pts. per game last year.

We're starting 3 rookies on the OL. It was the 3rd game together.

We ran for 186 yards today. We don't turn it over 4 times we win big.

There are issues here; and a lot of them I expect to work themselves out as young players learn. There are some that will just have to be addressed in the offseason. But the sky is far from falling.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:16 PM 09-26-2021
We've had turnover issues for two GAMES not two years.

And we scored nearly 30 pts. per game last year.

We're starting 3 rookies on the OL. It was the 3rd game together.

We ran for 186 yards today. We don't turn it over 4 times we win big.

There are issues here; and a lot of them I expect to work themselves out as young players learn. There are some that will just have to be addressed in the offseason. But the sky is far from falling.
They're super sloppy so far and their margin on stuff is thinner because it's not the same team.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:21 PM 09-26-2021
They're super sloppy so far and their margin on stuff is thinner because it's not the same team.
Yup.

There's a lot of new faces and second year guys. We're going to have to take our lumps early.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:24 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Am I insane or was Mahomes moving the ball around pretty well today? For all this talk about needing another threat outside of Tyreek and Kelce, it felt like Mahomes was taking what the defense was giving him and getting the ball to the open man. Kelce/Hill definitely got the ball on big 3rd downs, but Mahomes looked incredibly efficient.

We just turned the ball over 3 straight times. Thats it. Hard to keep yourself in the game when you do that, and we still did. Not to say that another receiving threat wouldn't be great, cause GOD would it be. But our Offense is still lethal, not many teams are gonna have an answer for us when we stop turning the ball over at critical moments.

The main concern seems to be the defense. I can only pray they figure it out by the end of the season, cause it's unacceptable.
He threw the ball nearly 50 times and didn't break 300 yards so I wouldn't say it was his best day
[Reply]
tyecopeland 07:25 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by MGRS13:
100% of the time the opposition reaches the red zone the chiefs surrender a touchdown. Yea not fine. Last place teams don’t get the luxury of saying everything is fine.
Unless they kicked a 24 yard field goal from outside the red zone, I don't think that stat is true anymore. (Granted they allowed one that was negated by a penalty but...)
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 07:26 PM 09-26-2021
The team is fine. I still can't remember the last time we lost by more than one score other than the SB. The things that concern me most are the peculiarities in the losses. When the O scores the D bends over. When the D makes a stand the O gives it right back. When the D makes a play at a crucial time, flags come out. As frustrated as I've been I think it's going to come together soon enough
[Reply]
arrwheader 07:32 PM 09-26-2021
This team has flaws but both games were lost by turnovers and things not bouncing our way. We had a run of good luck and fortune in close games for a looong time it's just not gonna happen evey year.

Bottom line is we don't turn the ball over 4 times today then we win. Last week we win we don't turn the ball over. These turnovers have cost us two games. I think they will get that fixed.

Mahomes is stepping up into the Pocket more and trying to do things differently imo. He might be over thinking things and maybe needs to start doing more of what he's used too. The offensive line still gelling I think they get better every week.

Defense looked better to start the game, they were gassed because of the turnovers and that certainly didn't help. We were also missing some starters and get Gay back this week. I think they improve.

Teams are going for it on 4th down a lot against us, yea defense has struggled there but most of these teams hate us and are giving us everything. I think it's cought up a bit to the Chiefs mentally I think it gets exhausting and leads to some judgement lapses.

It's early we weren't going undefeated, disappointing to look at the standings right now but it's a long season. Chiefs are too good to keep losing and they have one of the toughest schedules this year.

Turnovers won't happen like this at this clip. We will go on to win many games.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ROYC75 07:35 PM 09-26-2021
Yes!

We will win at least 12 games!
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:44 PM 09-26-2021
Always believed the front part of the schedule is going to be a motherfucker. I am just hoping to go 4-3 or 3-4 and coming out of it without any major injury concerns. If those things happens the back end of the schedule should allow them to get in stride coming into a potential playoff run.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 21
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up