ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid feeling ill [but released from the hospital]
TribalElder 02:38 PM 09-26-2021

Andy Reid is feeling ill and won't do postgame press conference. Chiefs say they will update.

— Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) September 26, 2021

[Reply]
dirk digler 09:45 PM 09-26-2021
Sounds like Andy is still in the hospital so I am wondering if he didn’t have a small heart attack.
[Reply]
Nickhead 09:50 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Sounds like Andy is still in the hospital so I am wondering if he didn’t have a small heart attack.
given his state of health, this is exactly why they would have transported as they did, plus observations... IMO :-)
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:50 PM 09-26-2021
It's all speculation. I'm sure the medical team will treat him with the softest of kid gloves as to avoid any bounce back situation given his prominence.

When it gets hot like that it's easy to get dehydrated. If that happens, your BP drops, and your HR ramps up to maintain your cardiac output. Dehydration can also lead to electrolyte imbalances. Either those or tachycardia can themselves throw someone into a small arrhythmia.

Wouldn't surprise me if they just buffed him up with a few liters of fluids and kept him overnight for observation, but that's just a guess.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:50 PM 09-26-2021
Never had one*knockonwood* but I have a hard time thinking any heart attack is small.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:52 PM 09-26-2021
I'm half his age and in pretty good shape and the end of that game damn near gave me a heart attack AND burst the aneurysm that just developed when they made Mike Williams look like fricking Calvin Johnson for the fifth time in his career.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:01 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
It's all speculation. I'm sure the medical team will treat him with the softest of kid gloves as to avoid any bounce back situation given his prominence.

When it gets hot like that it's easy to get dehydrated. If that happens, your BP drops, and your HR ramps up to maintain your cardiac output. Dehydration can also lead to electrolyte imbalances. Either those or tachycardia can themselves throw someone into a small arrhythmia.

Wouldn't surprise me if they just buffed him up with a few liters of fluids and kept him overnight for observation, but that's just a guess.
Yeah you are probably right at least I hope you are. When I was in high school I ended up in the hospital for a couple of days because I was dehydrated. I got my wisdom teeth pulled and didn’t drink anything for almost 2 days. That was a nightmare
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:08 PM 09-26-2021
Yeah you are probably right at least I hope you are. When I was in high school I ended up in the hospital for a couple of days because I was dehydrated. I got my wisdom teeth pulled and didn’t drink anything for almost 2 days. That was a nightmare
I don't know. We'll find out soon enough either way.
[Reply]
ArrowHeader 10:09 PM 09-26-2021
Something tells me there is more to this story than being reported. If Andy Reid retires tomorrow I’m not gonna be shocked. He’s going through a lot with his son. Just hasn’t been the same since that incident. I certainly wouldn’t blame the guy. Man has a heart of gold. Hope he gets well regardless.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:19 PM 09-26-2021
It was close to 90 today here.
Originally Posted by Coach:
It was close to 90 here, and the humidity wasn't bad, but the heat can get to you if you don't stay hydrated.
I’m still fat and I walk for hours and miles in the “feels like” 110 degree summer heat of Florida. You been to Disney World on summer vacation, you know that level of heat.

You hydrate your fine. You don’t? It can go south on you pretty quick.
[Reply]
wazu 10:55 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by ArrowHeader:
Something tells me there is more to this story than being reported. If Andy Reid retires tomorrow I’m not gonna be shocked. He’s going through a lot with his son. Just hasn’t been the same since that incident. I certainly wouldn’t blame the guy. Man has a heart of gold. Hope he gets well regardless.
Man, that would be a nightmare. God bless Andy.
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 10:59 PM 09-26-2021
Hope he feels better.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:10 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Evidently, it was heart palpitations. Per Jay Glazer

Twitter was right about his heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 11:16 PM 09-26-2021
Big Red is so sick, dude changed his name to Fruit Stripe and lost his sense of taste after three chews.
[Reply]
Flying High D 05:48 AM 09-27-2021
Also, Clyde isn’t aware of how to secure a football. Awareness might not be one of Clyde’s strengths.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:51 AM 09-27-2021
Truth is the way this team is playing just made him sick to his stomach.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Up