ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>This loss is on the offense.
The Franchise 02:08 PM 09-26-2021
Sloppy fucking bullshit.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 09:28 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
I agree. But since they can double hill, we've lost the deep play ability. Because of that we have to run more plays to get down the field. The more plays you have to run= the more plays you have to make a mistake.
That's all true. I hate to mention them, but the Patriots always had efficient offenses despite not hitting home run balls. The Chiefs have to learn how to adapt. Sometimes you just protect the football and go down. Kelce for one is very good at that.

Also, they drafted Hardman to be a speedster. Would be nice if he could learn how to run deep routes besides just running a straight line.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 12:17 AM 09-27-2021
Our offense is so out of synch, we using a sand dial for a play clock..Our offense turns the ball over so much it makes Wendy Williams seem like, Wendy Williams. Please stop doing so many hard drugs Chiefs. Drugs are bad mmkay.
[Reply]
scho63 08:57 AM 09-27-2021
Our offense with the exception of Kelce, looks like they are just going through the motions.

That DRob catch of a 12 yard pass and him running BACKWARDS 5 yards make me want to fly to KC and beat the shit out of him. Does this guy know the difference between backwards and forwards? I have my doubts.
[Reply]
Priest31kc 09:32 AM 09-27-2021
Why doesn't every defense play 2 high safeties and light boxes vs every offense all the time? Totally eliminates any downfield throws and makes offenses go 10 plays plus without any mistakes.

Will we ever get to see Mahomes air it out downfield ever again!?!? Just so weird to me that a simple 2 high safety defense is all it takes to completely take away anything downfield and there's nothing we can do about it.

Meanwhile I'm still seeing Rodgers, Brady, Wilson, etc...throwing bombs downfield. Why aren't defenses playing 2 high safeties vs them all the time?
[Reply]
lcarus 09:37 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Our offense with the exception of Kelce, looks like they are just going through the motions.

That DRob catch of a 12 yard pass and him running BACKWARDS 5 yards make me want to fly to KC and beat the shit out of him. Does this guy know the difference between backwards and forwards? I have my doubts.
Yeah I was yelling at the tv too. He does it so often. You'd think by now the coaches would have told him a thousand times "Dude...you aren't gonna juke anyone with your dancing and running backwards is stupid. Stop it."
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:40 AM 09-27-2021
I feel like the coaches could do more to help guys get open. You watch some of the premiere offenses in the league and they're able to spring relative nobodies wide open.

Meanwhile, our guys always seem smoothered and struggle to really separate.

We're lucky that we just have several bad asses that make this offense go. Ive said it before, but i feel like our offensive success is more about our players than our scheme, and that's part of why Beinemy hasn't gotten a job.

Maybe it's because i watch too much Chiefs football, but damn it feels like we're doing the same things over and over and over again.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:46 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I feel like the coaches could do more to help guys get open. You watch some of the premiere offenses in the league and they're able to spring relative nobodies wide open.

We're lucky that we just have several bad asses that make this offense go. Ive said it before, but i feel like our offensive success is more about our players than our scheme, and that's part of why Beinemy hasn't gotten a job.

Maybe it's because i watch too much Chiefs football, but damn it feels like we're doing the same things over and over and over again.
Reid's been getting guys like Sean McGrath, Donnie Avery and Dexter McCluster into space for years. Anthony Fasano was a legit weapon.

He's been getting guys into space - the offense just isn't clicking. PM still seems a little sped up in the pocket, some of his passes have been a bit off line, communications between him and his targets haven't been in lock-step.

The offense works fine. The scheme is fine. It's just not executing terribly well right now. Hell, they put up 35+ points last week if they could just stop turning the ball over. They'd average near 40/gm if they could just stop with the self-inflicted mistakes.

The system is working - it's just mis-firing. It happens.
[Reply]
O.city 09:46 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Nah, I think it's pretty mych league wide.

The Chiefs "struggle" to 30 plus points every week. That's not normal.

The issue that happens is teams just play passive and sit in that 2 deep shell and make them be patient and go the length of the field. They did it yesterday, all day.

They fucked up and turned it over a few times otherwise they put up 35 plus.

I think we're making this more difficult than it has to be. They sat in that defense yesterday, the OL was moving people and Clyde had a great day.

Turnovers just kill you in the NFL.
[Reply]
O.city 09:47 AM 09-27-2021
Mahomes needs to trust the OL and stay in the pocket.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:48 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:

The issue that happens is teams just play passive and sit in that 2 deep shell and make them be patient and go the length of the field. They did it yesterday, all day.

I think we're making this more difficult than it has to be. They sat in that defense yesterday, the OL was moving people and Clyde had a great day.

Re-post
[Reply]
Dayze 09:49 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Priest31kc:
Why doesn't every defense play 2 high safeties and light boxes vs every offense all the time? Totally eliminates any downfield throws and makes offenses go 10 plays plus without any mistakes.

Will we ever get to see Mahomes air it out downfield ever again!?!? Just so weird to me that a simple 2 high safety defense is all it takes to completely take away anything downfield and there's nothing we can do about it.

Meanwhile I'm still seeing Rodgers, Brady, Wilson, etc...throwing bombs downfield. Why aren't defenses playing 2 high safeties vs them all the time?
you gotta run them out of that defensive look; and start gouging when with the run until they start committing a little closer; then break it off on them.

if a team can stop the run defensively with 7-9, they[ll keep those safeties back there all day.

and when they double Hill and Kelce, our other "receivers" need to get. open; but considering they're average at best with those guys, Teams are just gonna keep doing it; double hill and keel and make someone else beat them.
[Reply]
O.city 09:50 AM 09-27-2021
IF you don't have a tipped pass for an INT at the 5 and a few fumbles, the Chiefs are leading by a score or two at the half and the Chargers can't sit in that defense.

Hell, they got the lead on them even doing it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:52 AM 09-27-2021
IF you don't have a tipped pass for an INT at the 5 and a few fumbles, the Chiefs are leading by a score or two at the half and the Chargers can't sit in that defense.

Hell, they got the lead on them even doing it.
Yeah, the turnovers are what’s lost the last two games. The defense played well enough yesterday to get the win. Offense just fucked it up.
[Reply]
Priest31kc 10:02 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Dayze:
you gotta run them out of that defensive look; and start gouging when with the run until they start committing a little closer; then break it off on them.

if a team can stop the run defensively with 7-9, they[ll keep those safeties back there all day.

and when they double Hill and Kelce, our other "receivers" need to get. open; but considering they're average at best with those guys, Teams are just gonna keep doing it; double hill and keel and make someone else beat them.
I get that...but even if we start gouging them with the run, wouldn't defenses rather us do that and hope for a mistake or turnover than just shredding them with big plays for scores through the air? Why change at all?

And we kinda did gouge them yesterday with Clyde...and they still stayed in that 2 high safety defense.

Why aren't defenses doubling DaVante Adams and hoping their other pedestrian WRs beat them? Same with Kupp and Woods in LA. Or Lockett and Metcalf in Seattle. Etc...

I dont know. Just seems like we should be able to scheme open everyone else because defenses are so focused on Hill and Kelce and we aren't.

Or maybe Mahomes just isn't playing that well?

He hasn't made as many "Big time throws" as we're used to...
Attached: 20210927_105144.jpg (55.8 KB) 
[Reply]
DRM08 10:05 AM 09-27-2021

The encouraging thing is they still scored 24 points against a defense with one of the best pass rushers and one of the best safeties in the league, even with 3 turnovers in the Red Zone. KC has a ton of room for improvement and they can fix these turnover issues. Compare this with the Jets, who put up 0 points yesterday.

It’s crazy that the Chiefs can make a ton of mistakes on both sides of the ball and still barely lose to a couple of pretty good teams. Clean up the silly mistakes and KC will be extremely tough to beat.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up