ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 246 of 286
« First < 146196236242243244245246 247248249250256 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
sully1983 08:45 AM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I actually just watched Don’t Breathe 2. It was entertaining.
Nice! I dug the hell out of the 1st one. Stephen Lang is such an awesome & underrated actor. I'll get around to seeing the sequel eventually but I wish I didn't see the the trailer for it because it spoiled so many kills. I really hate it when trailers do that.
[Reply]
meleknistra 01:39 PM 09-05-2021
Django unchained is the best movie of all the times
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:40 PM 09-05-2021
Originally Posted by meleknistra:
Then you’ve obviously never seen DP Delivery. I suggest you check it out before commenting such things, noob.
[Reply]
sully1983 02:56 PM 09-06-2021
Eh imo the 3rd act was a complete letdown and it loses its steam after
Spoiler!

But what do I know? I'm just some anonymous jackass on an internet message board while Tarantino is a multi Oscar winner and his films make tons of money at the box office so he must be doing something right.
[Reply]
sully1983 02:59 PM 09-06-2021
Don't Breathe 2 not as good as the first one but it was still really entertaining and featured a lot of great kills mixed in with some twists & turns that I didn't see coming. Stephen Lang is such an underrated American actor and looks great for being nearly 70 years old.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:14 PM 09-08-2021
Excited - like the names attached

Likely [partial] inspiration

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:55 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Eh imo the 3rd act was a complete letdown and it loses its steam after
Spoiler!

But what do I know? I'm just some anonymous jackass on an internet message board while Tarantino is a multi Oscar winner and his films make tons of money at the box office so he must be doing something right.
Yea. I’ve always Felt that way about Django too. The last 20 minutes or so kinda drag after the shootout with Candies men.
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:27 AM 09-10-2021
I haven't watched anything new lately, but I have been revisiting some oldies recently.

Quigley Down Under
Conan the Barbarian (James Earl Jones is awesome)
Ferris Beuller's Day Off (Sloan Peterson - still hot)
WarGames (Not as good as I remembered it being. What was with the gum?)
Big Trouble in Little China
The One Armed Boxer (the fights are a lot more boring than I remembered)
The Master of the Flying Guillotine (top 3 kung fu flick)
The Man With Two Brains (Some terrible jokes, some very funny jokes)
Rawhide (Terrible western from 1951)
The Rocketeer (I normally hate comic book movies, but I like this one. Great casting and a like the little tributes to the golden age of Hollywood.)
Indiana Jones trilogy (One and three still hold up. Maybe a little too much comedy)
Pure Luck (Not a classic, but I still like it.)
Predator
Terminator
Ronin (I'm not sure that the plot makes sense but the car chases are great)
Tommy Boy
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
[Reply]
Aries Walker 02:50 PM 09-10-2021
It's up there. I've never been the biggest Tarantino fan, but I really loved this one. It's easily his best.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:39 AM 09-12-2021
Malignant. James Wans newest. Absolutely batshit insane. Don’t spoil it for anyone.

#Malignant is a game-changer. Defying the boundaries of genre film, Wan has created something unique and terrifying. It's a beautifully deranged work of art that is destined to become a cult classic. A love letter to the genre & its fans, this is Wan at his best. pic.twitter.com/Gohi7RAW3u

— Shannon ���� @ All The Film Festivals (@shannon_mcgrew) September 8, 2021

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:52 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Malignant. James Wans newest. Absolutely batshit insane. Don’t spoil it for anyone.

Gonna watch this tonight .
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:09 AM 09-14-2021

This movie was really weird. I’m usually able to dispel reality to watch a movie but this really pushed my limits. The third part was beyond any semblance of believabllity. Not what I was expecting from Wan.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:27 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
This movie was really weird. I’m usually able to dispel reality to watch a movie but this really pushed my limits. The third part was beyond any semblance of believabllity. Not what I was expecting from Wan.
Yea. There’s definitely been some mixed reactions to it. Crazy movie. Especially that 3rd act.
[Reply]
sully1983 04:20 PM 09-14-2021

I streamed this on HBO Max and found it to be sadly a letdown I really like James Wan as a director too (Death Sentence is insanely underrated) and I like most of his films but this fell flat for me. Also it irks me when horror films use too much cgi (and in this case very bad cgi ) Just a pet peeve of mine. I'll give it a generous 5/10. Wan is still awesome though in my book. This was just a small misfire for him.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:16 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:
I streamed this on HBO Max and found it to be sadly a letdown I really like James Wan as a director too (Death Sentence is insanely underrated) and I like most of his films but this fell flat for me. Also it irks me when horror films use too much cgi (and in this case very bad cgi ) Just a pet peeve of mine. I'll give it a generous 5/10. Wan is still awesome though in my book. This was just a small misfire for him.
Yeah I felt the same but just thought the end made the rest of the movie worse. The acting was just ok, and the story was pretty good until the last of the movie. I expect more form Wan. He better come up with some amazingness for his next one.
[Reply]
Page 246 of 286
« First < 146196236242243244245246 247248249250256 > Last »
Up