ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>11 Years ago today ...Matt Cassel had the Chiefs off to a
DTVietnam 08:40 PM 09-26-2021
3-0 start and threw 3 TDs to beat the 49ers.

"Could this bunch be for real?

Dominating in every phase, the Chiefs got three touchdown passes from Matt Cassel and sacked Alex Smith five times Sunday en route to a 31-10 victory over the winless San Francisco 49ers. The Chiefs are 3-0 for the first time since 2003.

Cassel was 16 for 27 for 250 yards. He connected with Dexter McCluster on a 31-yard run-and-catch and fired a perfect 45-yard strike to a wide-open Dwayne Bowe off a fake end-around.

Rookie tight end Tony Moeaki put Kansas City on top 24-3 late in the third with a great falling down, one-handed catch of Cassel's 18-yard toss.

"It was exciting," the rookie tight end said. "Matt just threw a really great ball and put it in a great spot. I just tried to make the catch."

[Reply]
Bowser 11:43 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Didnt he end up in Sea and was basically useless except in one game against us?
Chargers as well, iirc.
Originally Posted by FlorentinePogen:
In the ravens game, Jamaal was injured a few minutes into the third quarter when 370lb Terrance Cody squashed him. Despite a fumble, JC did everything he could to put the team on his back, including forcing and recovering a fumble on a ravens DB who intercepted one of cassel's lobs over the middle to Moeaki.

In the Colts game he got concussed from a helmet to helmet hit. WTF do you want from him.
Yeah, that "concussion" he and Brandon Flowers both suffered were extremely fortuitous for the Colts. I remember both of them saying they felt fine and should have been allowed to play in that second half.
[Reply]
Jenson71 12:50 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
The Jon Baldwin catch behind the DB's back was impressive too even though it didn't count. It was his one and only highlight, similar to Brokeaki :-)
Jon Baldwin -- haven't heard that name in a dog's age. Thought he was going to be awesome.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:57 PM 09-27-2021
In the ravens game, Jamaal was injured a few minutes into the third quarter when 370lb Terrance Cody squashed him. Despite a fumble, JC did everything he could to put the team on his back, including forcing and recovering a fumble on a ravens DB who intercepted one of cassel's lobs over the middle to Moeaki.

In the Colts game he got concussed from a helmet to helmet hit. WTF do you want from him.
Better luck?
[Reply]
scho63 08:15 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Jenson71:
Jon Baldwin -- haven't heard that name in a dog's age. Thought he was going to be awesome.
:-) :-) :-)

That line is long....
[Reply]
loochy 07:42 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Jenson71:

They should have moved him to tight end! JBTE!
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:50 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I forgot that part, lol.

It's easy to see now, but what a toxic ****ing mess Pioli and Haley were. Clark should sue to get their wages back for false advertising of their qualifications/abilities.
How the hell does a GM not listen to their HC about the fucking QB?

HOW DOES THAT EVEN HAPPEN!?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:55 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
That season I remember being in a hotel room in downtown St. Louis. The Chiefs were getting ready to play the Rams in the "Whatever We're Calling The Sponsor This Week" dome. Casshole has an appendix removed and was questionable as to whether he would play. This was before Casshole became the Casshole we all now know and loathe. I was in the very top row near the roof in the dome in the end zone. There was a play late in the fourth quarter where they handed off to Jamaal Charles on the Chiefs 20 yard line and he broke a run 80 yards for a game winning TD. He ran in a beeline right to me in the end zone. The Chiefs made the playoffs (it was a very big deal) then got crushed by Baltimore at home. My dad died a week later. He never saw the Chiefs get back to the Super Bowl. So that time was both very happy and very sad for me. Seems like yesterday.
I was at that game, Casshole's first game back after the appendix, right?

They had some of the best nachos I ever had at the TransWorldEdwardJonesComAmDome that Sunday.

Left St Louis and went and played a gig in Columbia that night.

Actually went back to the Dome for the Stones show this past Sunday - no nachos, and I was disappointed.

I guess that place sits empty now. They needed someone for concessions at the Stones show, so they brought someone in with $4 cans of soda and $7 hot dogs.

I'm not making this shit up.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:57 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Chargers as well, iirc.

Yeah, that "concussion" he and Brandon Flowers both suffered were extremely fortuitous for the Colts. I remember both of them saying they felt fine and should have been allowed to play in that second half.
JC didn't even hit his head and looked confused only because they were pulling him off the field.

They robbed us so fucking hard in that game.

Of course, we got robbed at home on Sunday, but turned the ball over 4 times so it's hard to bitch about the officiating.
[Reply]
Flying High D 07:57 AM 09-28-2021
Felt like a rape victim every time I watched Casshole play.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:58 AM 09-28-2021

No he didn't. He wasn't concussed. He was "in concussion protocol."

He was ****ing fine.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:59 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Felt like a rape victim every time I watched Casshole play.
That's because it was a violation.
[Reply]
Flying High D 08:04 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
That's because it was a violation.
Thanks for the clarification. I knew it was something just couldn’t ever entertain if it felt like an enema, worm check or both.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up