ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Nzoner's Game Room>Pass interference my ass
lcarus 02:16 PM 09-26-2021
Then they don't even show the replay. What a bailout.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:06 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Pretty sure this was it.

Definitely Chiefs DB grabbing there And the Chargers receiver is trying to push off.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:10 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Ummm Baker was literally reacting to 15 trying to push off on him. That's a terrible call.

Look at 15 as he starts to stop, he lifts his left arm which causes Baker to try to stop him from getting his hands on him to push Baker back as he turns towards the ball. It's your typical hand fighting that you see all the fucking time and never gets called.
I agree except for the last bit. The offensive player rarely gets called for that push off. Kelce is a master at it.

I don't think DPI should be called when the offensive player initiates the contact, but it happens all the time.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:12 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
Maybe it is worth putting out there just for the hell of it.

League should have 5 officials in New York correcting calls on the field. The votes should be recorded, but not shown live. If 4 of the 5 say it is a bullshit call, then it should be overturned.

There also should be a rule that if the Offensive player initiates contact more than 5 yards past LOS, it is the same as a tipped ball and defensive pass interference cannot be called.
You're missing the point...they are so many ways with technology to ensure that every call is correct.

They shoot these advancements down every year...that should tell you everything you need to know.

Remember when they got exposed in the Saints/Rams NFCCG...so they made PI reviewable? They then refused to enforce it..and it became a liability on the teams throwing the red flag. They scrapped it after one season...it was just PR damage control.
[Reply]
lcarus 12:21 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Legal or no, if fans start to think the fix is in, NFL loses big time. Their revenue sits at roughly 16B; nearly twice Vegas. And that is just the league. How much do each of the teams make per year? 1B on average? Potentially 40-50B in total revenue which could be significantly and perhaps permanently impacted. Extremely risky.
They need to fix the officiating asap. I've noticed more and more each season. Last week I saw a bit of the Bears vs Bengals game and there was a stupid bullshit penalty on every play for a stretch. Completely unnecessary penalties. The Bears ran a HB dive to the left side for 1 yard. Montgomery was tackled almost immediately. The play lasted like 1 second. But somehow the tight end on the opposite side of the field got called for holding. Absurd. And stuff like that just kept happening.

Also why does there have to be a flag on what seems like 95% of all kickoff and punt returns? They need to let the damn players play and if it's not a clear and obvious penalty that clearly affects the play in question, the stupid little flags should remain in their stupid little pockets. I'm tired of looking for the flag after every single incomplete pass...and too often, it does get thrown. It's almost as bad as NBA officiating. Everyone has known forever now that NBA officiating is ridiculous and sometimes even fixed and I bet it's hurt the sport more than we know.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:39 PM 09-27-2021
Legal or no, if fans start to think the fix is in, NFL loses big time. Their revenue sits at roughly 16B; nearly twice Vegas. And that is just the league. How much do each of the teams make per year? 1B on average? Potentially 40-50B in total revenue which could be significantly and perhaps permanently impacted. Extremely risky.
We've seen this team fucked over by bogus calls how many times over the years?? Fans still come back

Games are steered, not out right rigged like say wrestling. More so the officials dicate covers and over unders more than anything. Sometimes the wrong team loses trying to keep it close
[Reply]
DJJasonp 12:42 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Everyone has known forever now that NBA officiating is ridiculous and sometimes even fixed and I bet it's hurt the sport more than we know.
Hence, why the NFL is registered as "entertainment", and not "sport".
[Reply]
TEX 12:57 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Definitely Chiefs DB grabbing there And the Chargers receiver is trying to push off.
He was clearly reacting to to he contact being initiated by the WR.
[Reply]
Fish 01:03 PM 09-27-2021
Read the thread title as the OP requesting that someone pass interfere with his actual ass... :-)
[Reply]
Why Not? 01:10 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
They need to fix the officiating asap. I've noticed more and more each season. Last week I saw a bit of the Bears vs Bengals game and there was a stupid bullshit penalty on every play for a stretch. Completely unnecessary penalties. The Bears ran a HB dive to the left side for 1 yard. Montgomery was tackled almost immediately. The play lasted like 1 second. But somehow the tight end on the opposite side of the field got called for holding. Absurd. And stuff like that just kept happening.

Also why does there have to be a flag on what seems like 95% of all kickoff and punt returns? They need to let the damn players play and if it's not a clear and obvious penalty that clearly affects the play in question, the stupid little flags should remain in their stupid little pockets. I'm tired of looking for the flag after every single incomplete pass...and too often, it does get thrown. It's almost as bad as NBA officiating. Everyone has known forever now that NBA officiating is ridiculous and sometimes even fixed and I bet it's hurt the sport more than we know.
They should just go ahead and ban kick and punt returns. Can’t ever get excited about a big return anymore because it’s probably coming back.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 01:27 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
They should just go ahead and ban kick and punt returns. Can’t ever get excited about a big return anymore because it’s probably coming back.
Yeah, it sucks. The return game used to be one of the most exciting aspects of the NFL, but now it is mostly a yellow hanky fest.

(many years it was one of the few ways KC could win a game, see: Vanover, Hall, et al)
[Reply]
lcarus 01:37 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
It seems like they just want to eliminate returns altogether. Especially kick returns. They should make teams kick off from back where they used to.
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 01:39 PM 09-27-2021
Except on the Adams headhunter play. JFC, egregious late hit on receiver, with spearing! Nope, no flags there. Unreal

Look at this shit: https://youtu.be/JGuH18epqGo
You need to add the refs in Detroit that didn't call delay of game on Baltimore right before the record setting kick that would have backed them up 5 yards and made the try a 71 yard attempt. Detroit got hosed again and Baltimore benefited. :-)
[Reply]
jettio 09:26 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Pretty sure this was it.

I watched the end of the NFL Network re-broadcast. Tony Romo was rooting so hard for the Chargers. Romo was talking about how brave the call was. It is not that ballsy to go for it on 4th and 9 if the referees make it so that there is no risk.

In the video above, the way 15 raises his hand to get it ready to put on Baker's chest is more blatant than Kittle chicken winging Sorenson at the end of the first half in the Super Bowl.

I guess that was way they announced #49 as the player being penalized.

Refs were saying this bullshit 4th and nine gift for a guy that does not get open is payback for Kittle being called for OPI against Sorenson and costing the 49ers a FG in the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:40 AM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by Redbled:
The call came in late. Camera was on the end of the play and no PI was visible. If it was earlier it’s a hold and not PI. I’m starting to think officials like to see us lose. We rarely get calls that help us win games.
You're right, but they also did it to get LA an early season victory (they do that to keep fans satiated and believing that "any given sunday" their team can actually pull one out. L) It keeps people watching, same as the shit calls against the Ravens and the Chargers kept people watching those games - you WANT people to like Mahomes, to root for the Chiefs and share in the collective effervescence that wr are "the good guys" lol If Mahomes & Co keep coming back from double-digit losses, people will just shut the TV off and find something else to do.

But hey, it's not like the league is handing out trophies to Mahomes & Co like they did for Brady. As much as I would love to have 3 SB trophies at this point, I also don't want the Chiefs to be reviled like the Patriots were before they fell off a cliff last year...
[Reply]
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Up