ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Nzoner's Game Room>This loss is on the offense.
The Franchise 02:08 PM 09-26-2021
Sloppy fucking bullshit.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:55 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
That first INT was massive and just bad luck... the tipped ball and then an amazing catch by Samuel.

If Kemp catches it, he likely goes in for a TD as there was an open field in front of him, and even he dropped it and it fell to the ground, the drive at worst likely ends in a FG.

Also it is annoying that a Chargers CB was able to make a more difficult catch on that INT than the likes of Pringle and Kemp were able to for the Chiefs all game yesterday.
Kemp has to catch that BUT, Mahomes probably doesn't need to go no-look there and probably makes a more accurate pass if he doesn't.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 12:16 PM 09-27-2021
At the end of the game, we had the ball with a chance to win, after 3 turnovers. The offense is okay, we just have to not turn it over.

Suspect play calling, again, flame away on me but handing the ball to Clyde on first downto run down to the 2 minute and only gain a couple yards is just stupid to me.

If you want Patrick to do his thing, give him all three downs. Dont put him behind the sticks by wasting first down.

So the drive ends with a miscommunication between Patrick and Kelce, and the ball is picked.

After everything, the defense still had a chance to save the day.

Its 4th n 9. You know its gotta be a pass. You know you cant allow a first down, and we get the ball back.

Defense fails miserably. Gives up a first down, then a touchdown.

We are failing at situational football. We've played like shit, but still after everything, at the end, been in position to win the game if one series is executed.

It honestly reminds me of 2018 when we turned it over against the rams 5 times, twice for TDs, and still only lost by 3.

We are still dangerous enough on offense to win any game, but that defense has got to get a lot corrected in a short period.

I dont think I've ever seen a team have a 100% red zone fail rate defensively through three games.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:49 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
At the end of the game, we had the ball with a chance to win, after 3 turnovers. The offense is okay, we just have to not turn it over.

Suspect play calling, again, flame away on me but handing the ball to Clyde on first downto run down to the 2 minute and only gain a couple yards is just stupid to me.

If you want Patrick to do his thing, give him all three downs. Dont put him behind the sticks by wasting first down.

So the drive ends with a miscommunication between Patrick and Kelce, and the ball is picked.

Its 4th n 9. You know its gotta be a pass. You know you cant allow a first down, and we get the ball back.

We are failing at situational football. We've played like shit, but still after everything, at the end, been in position to win the game if one series is executed.

It honestly reminds me of 2018 when we turned it over against the rams 5 times, twice for TDs, and still only lost by 3.

We are still dangerous enough on offense to win any game, but that defense has got to get a lot corrected in a short period.

I dont think I've ever seen a team have a 100% red zone fail rate defensively through three games.
Well, the defense did get a stop on 4th and 9, but they just haaaad to call a bogus PI.
[Reply]
TEX 12:50 PM 09-27-2021

Yep. Im with ya on wasting 1st down with CEH run. Keep the ball in Mahomes' hands and let him do his thing from down # 1. And YES, the defense is atrocious.
[Reply]
TEX 12:53 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Well, the defense did get a stop on 4th and 9, but they just haaaad to call a bogus PI.
A very LATE one at that. :-)
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:55 PM 09-27-2021

Technically, it's not 100% anymore. That next to last drive, they held the Chargers to a FG. After the illegal shift penalty.

I get your point though. The defense somehow leaves people open everywhere even though there's little room for route runners in the end zone. Just poor communication all around.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up