ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 239 of 295
« First < 139189229235236237238239 240241242243249289 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Simply Red 08:25 AM 05-23-2022
any shot we can bring Mike Cloud back on the cheap?
[Reply]
O.city 08:26 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Totally disagree, you need a RB that can break long plays it keeps defenses honest. Also the problem so far in CEH's career is that he can barely get 3-4 yds a carry with hardly any that go for over 20. He just lacks being explosive\quick.

Hell last year behind this bad ass line his longest run was 17 yds. Shit Mahomes did that every game.
The issue you end up running into is they start searching out those long runs instead of taking what's blocked up. If you have a shit OL, sure, that happens.

But with this OL and offense, no reason to not churn out runs against light boxes.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:30 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
The issue you end up running into is they start searching out those long runs instead of taking what's blocked up. If you have a shit OL, sure, that happens.

But with this OL and offense, no reason to not churn out runs against light boxes.
So you are saying you would rather have 3-4 yd CEH over Henry or Charles or Taylor? I don't believe you.
[Reply]
O.city 08:32 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
So you are saying you would rather have 3-4 yd CEH over Henry or Charles or Taylor? I don't believe you.
I mean sure, I'd rather have the HOF'ers over CEH. But that's not really the argument I'm making here.

Give me the guy who's consistent. I don't like the "2 yards 2 yards -2 yards 50 yard" run guys. That's not what any of those guys really are either though, they're consistent then have the breakaway ability to turn a 15 yarder into one bad angle and a 60 yarder.

That's the thing I don't care as much about. I mean, yes, if I can choose give me AP in his prime. But this ain't Madden.
[Reply]
TEX 08:35 AM 05-23-2022
This is one reason why I've never really cared all that much about having a "home run hitter" at RB. I just don't care that his longest run is 31 yards. That's good. I mean sure, eventually you'd like to have a guy bust one out for 60 and a TD. But that's just not likely in the run game unless you have a burner.

The issue with having a burner is usually he's searching out HR's. With that being the case, you have alot of "strikeouts".

Give me a RB who consistently churns out runs. 4-5 yards a time, then eventually hits a crease and goes for 20. I don't care about getting big plays in the run game as much with having Mahomes at QB. Those will come in the pass game.

I need basically what McKinnon did in the AFC champ game first half. Take what's blocked up.
You're way over thinking it... Why would you not want a guy back there that is a threat to break it on any given play. That kind of presence would not hinder the offense at all. Those backs are usually very instinctive with great vision. They wait for the right opportunity, and when it presents itself, they take it to the house. Often enough it's something small, that they see, and they react and they make the defense pay. The results can be game changing. CEH is not that guy.
[Reply]
O.city 08:37 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
You're way over thinking it... Why would you not want a guy back there that is a threat to break it on any given play. That kind of presence would not hinder the offense at all. Those backs are usually very instinctive with great vision. They wait for the right opportunity, and when it presents itself, they take it to the house. Often enough it's something small, that they see, and they react a d make the defense pay. CEH is not that guy.
Because they start searching for that opportunity instead of just using their vision to find it. Chris Johnson is a perfect example of that. You end up in 2nd and 13's because he was trying to string out a stretch play.

Charles was so good because he didn't search out those he just let them happen. But that's rare.
[Reply]
TEX 08:39 AM 05-23-2022
Because they start searching for that opportunity instead of just using their vision to find it. Chris Johnson is a perfect example of that.

Charles was so good because he didn't search out those he just let them happen.
Your opinion of Charles is exactly my point. When the moment comes, they seize it and take it to the house.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:39 AM 05-23-2022
I mean sure, I'd rather have the HOF'ers over CEH. But that's not really the argument I'm making here.

Give me the guy who's consistent. I don't like the "2 yards 2 yards -2 yards 50 yard" run guys. That's not what any of those guys really are either though, they're consistent then have the breakaway ability to turn a 15 yarder into one bad angle and a 60 yarder.

That's the thing I don't care as much about. I mean, yes, if I can choose give me AP in his prime. But this ain't Madden.
I know my example was on the extreme but CEH is certainly consistent on the low end. Herm would love CEH and his 3 yds and cloud of dust.

Is there a starting RB in the NFL currently you would take CEH over them? If so who? He is by far the worst in our division not even close.
[Reply]
O.city 08:42 AM 05-23-2022
I'm not advocating for CEH necessarily here. I'm speaking more in generalities on my preferences and such. I don't think breakaway speed for a RB is a necessity.

Obviously, you'd love your guy to have it. But if not, it's not and end all be all. Look at a guy like Ekelar. Isn't a burner, but still a very good RB.

I'm not into spending assets searching out for a game breaking RB. If I find one, great. If not, there's good solid RB's everywhere.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:47 AM 05-23-2022
I'm not advocating for CEH necessarily here. I'm speaking more in generalities on my preferences and such. I don't think breakaway speed for a RB is a necessity.

Obviously, you'd love your guy to have it. But if not, it's not and end all be all. Look at a guy like Ekelar. Isn't a burner, but still a very good RB.

I'm not into spending assets searching out for a game breaking RB. If I find one, great. If not, there's good solid RB's everywhere.
Generally I'd agree, but if you're going to have a back who isn't particularly fast, he needs to do some other things well to make up for it.

Priest Holmes and Kareem Hunt weren't very fast, but no one cared because Priest had insane vision/patience and Hunt had elite balance and lower body strength. Ekeler is probably the best receiving back in the NFL.

CEH doesn't compare to any of these names. Best thing I can say about him is he does hang onto the football (which is great) and occasionally he will drag a defender for an additional couple yards after contact. That's also cool but then I realize that he ran through a chasm between Thuney and Brown Jr and any other back would have taken that same carry for at least 10 more yards.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:47 AM 05-23-2022

Gotcha and Ekelar would be perfect in this offense.
[Reply]
O.city 08:50 AM 05-23-2022
Yeah, I'd love to have Dalvin Cook or Kamara or (insert RB). But I don't wanna pay for them for sure.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:59 AM 05-23-2022

the #1 producing RB was 25 yrs old or younger every yr since 2014

'21 Jonathan Taylor: 22
'20 Alvin Kamara: 25
'19 CMC: 23
'18 Saquon Barkley: 21
'17 Todd Gurley: 23
'16 David Johnson: 25
'15 Devonta Freeman: 23
'14 Le'Veon Bell: 22@LordReebs explores:https://t.co/r2uFzESJ30

— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) May 22, 2022

[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:01 AM 05-23-2022
Yeah, I'd love to have Dalvin Cook or Kamara or (insert RB). But I don't wanna pay for them for sure.
Ugh, Kamara in this offense would be incredible, but yeah, agreed. RB is a luxury we simply cannot afford with this current team structure.

Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
We really should just be churning and burning these RBs. Personally, I wouldn't advocate spending anything higher than a 3rd on a RB, which is another issue I have with the CEH pick.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 09:04 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Ugh, Kamara in this offense would be incredible, but yeah, agreed. RB is a luxury we simply cannot afford with this current team structure.

We really should just be churning and burning these RBs. Personally, I wouldn't advocate spending anything higher than a 3rd on a RB, which is another issue I have with the CEH pick.
That's exactly what I was about to say. We should be churning RB talent through but we don't. You're discrediting the FO by assuming we wouldn't be able to retain an RB if he turns out to be an all pro talent though
[Reply]
Page 239 of 295
« First < 139189229235236237238239 240241242243249289 > Last »
Up