ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 78 of 181
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128178 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2018-2019 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:37 PM 04-04-2018
Fuck the Final Four. Championship or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

BYE BYE

Spoiler!

FULL SCHEDULE:

https://kuathletics.com/documents/20...9_schedule.pdf

Spoiler!

PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler!

NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP:

Spoiler!

More updates to come.

Let's go get Championship number 4 (6)!
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:02 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Well it did statistically and efficiency-wise compared to just about every team in the Self era.
Proof?

Originally Posted by :
The record was always a mirage and I think everyone who watched them saw that
Total nonsense. We were 5 in Sagarin and 7 in Pomeroybafter the ISU loss. That includes all games played.

Originally Posted by :
. They were playing relatively close home games against some awful basketball teams like Vermont and Louisiana when they weren't barely pulling out those home wins against Stanford and New Mexico.
Total nonsense. We’ve played the #1 SoS. (We played the top SoS last year too btw). Every team has some close wins over middling teams. Duke lost st home to unranked Cuse.

Originally Posted by :
The only real difference from the beginning of the season (all home or neutral games)
That’s true

Originally Posted by :
and now is that now they're finally playing true road games (1-5 on the season in them) which this team seems completely incapable of doing.
9-0 with Dok. FF last year worh Dok. I know you beat off to the NBA game and are incapable of seeing the college game for what it really is, but the numbers with-without Dok are extreme.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:16 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Total nonsense. We were 5 in Sagarin and 7 in Pomeroybafter the ISU loss. That includes all games played.
They were 9 in KenPom after the ISU game, but at that time of course the preseason ratings were still in effect and had some impact on the #9 ranking (preseason ratings which had KU #1). I have no idea what they were in Sagarin (although if you're not referring solely to his predictor ratings, it's irrelevant). Is there some way to backdate his ratings so we could see that I'm not aware of?

Originally Posted by :
Total nonsense. We’ve played the #1 SoS. (We played the top SoS last year too btw). Every team has some close wins over middling teams. Duke lost st home to unranked Cuse.
Good Kansas teams don't struggle with teams like Vermont (70), Lousiana (190) and Stanford (126) in AFH. The weaknesses were always apparent.

Syracuse BTW was 39 in KenPom in that game (a game in which Tre Jones got hurt and Cam Reddish didn't play, so it wasn't even the real Duke).

Originally Posted by :
9-0 with Dok.
Mirage. They weren't going to continue winning close games like they were whether Udoka was on the team or not.

Originally Posted by :
FF last year worh Dok.
You can play with a big like him as long as you have elite shooting, which that team did. This team can't shoot at all.

Originally Posted by :
I know you beat off to the NBA game and are incapable of seeing the college game for what it really is,
What is it?

Originally Posted by :
but the numbers with-without Dok are extreme.
Correlation does not equal causation. I could just as easily argue that any drop off that has been incurred was due to the fact that the team is actually playing road games which they weren't doing before.

What is the point of this anyway? I never said KU would be better without Udoka. In fact, I said the opposite when he got hurt. Despite the fact that he has no NBA future, he's an above average college player which they are clearly lacking in. The hope was that playing the small lineup with Dedric at the 5 would open the offense up (because it was struggling even with Udoka), but it's apparent that they can't shoot anywhere near well enough for it to matter.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:25 PM 02-01-2019
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...&postcount=942

Certainly not a good thing to lose him, but Self didn't seem to have a clue how to effectively play both Udoka and Dedric together (and honestly without shooters around them, it's hard to blame him). His absence will at least give Dedric a lot more space to do his thing now.
He'll definitely get double teams, which will create open shots for others as he's a good passer in the post (unlike Udoka). They'll just have to make them.
This is what I wrote last month after the Udoka injury. There is no "gotcha" moment here. In theory, the offense could be better in a small lineup with Dedric at the 5 but the team just literally cannot make those open shots. Opponents are collapsing on Dedric and they have learned they can afford to do so without fear because nobody can shoot.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 10:07 PM 02-01-2019
Wonder if KU will consider jumping ship to a different shoe company.... KU is PISSED. Adidas should be bending over backwards trying to keep their number one school.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:25 AM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Wonder if KU will consider jumping ship to a different shoe company.... KU is PISSED. Adidas should be bending over backwards trying to keep their number one school.
My buddy proposed the theory that if they leave adidas, adidas will turn around and leak all the money they spent
[Reply]
BWillie 12:34 AM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
My buddy proposed the theory that if they leave adidas, adidas will turn around and leak all the money they spent
I think thats actually right. I dont really even know another good reason to stay with them other than being scared they would air our dirty laundry. They could easily get a rival amount from Nike, UA, Puma etc
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:40 AM 02-02-2019
We were struggling with Stanford and New Mexico St at home with Udoka. This team was never any good.

It honestly needed Grimes to be far better than this to actually be good (we're talking top 5 draft pick), but he's a barely passable NCAA player at the moment.
Right what I thought Grimes would be and what he are happen to be worlds apart, been extremely disappointing.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:42 AM 02-02-2019
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...&postcount=942

This is what I wrote last month after the Udoka injury. There is no "gotcha" moment here. In theory, the offense could be better in a small lineup with Dedric at the 5 but the team just literally cannot make those open shots. Opponents are collapsing on Dedric and they have learned they can afford to do so without fear because nobody can shoot.

Dude. That’s totally a gotcha. You’re clearly saying we are better (offensively anyway) with only 1 on the court.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:08 PM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Dude. That’s totally a gotcha. You’re clearly saying we are better (offensively anyway) with only 1 on the court.
Certainly not a good thing to lose him, but Self didn't seem to have a clue how to effectively play both Udoka and Dedric together (and honestly without shooters around them, it's hard to blame him). His absence will at least give Dedric a lot more space to do his thing now.
Except I said it was "certainly not a good thing to lose" Udoka. Why would I have said that if I thought the team would be better without him?

The only place I could be considered to be wrong was my theory was that his absence would open the game up for Dedric and create more open shots. It hasn't opened things up for him, though, because teams don't respect our shooting. We never improved in that area.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:09 PM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Right what I thought Grimes would be and what he are happen to be worlds apart, been extremely disappointing.
Grimes has been dreadful and he was supposed to be a lottery pick. That's what ends up leading to seasons like this.
[Reply]
Rivaldo 03:49 PM 02-02-2019
Kansas!
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:54 PM 02-02-2019
Hell of a half. Now fucking come out and crush these cunts after half. Don't be pussies.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:59 PM 02-02-2019
See, that was more what I had in mind as far as spacing/spreading the floor without both Udoka/Dedric playing in the post. They just completely annihilated the 3rd best defensive team in the NCAA. Helps when you make shots, though.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 04:04 PM 02-02-2019
Kansas is hitting pretty covered shots and TT is mising shots.
[Reply]
O.city 04:06 PM 02-02-2019
They made 3s

Don’t be surprised if tech doesn’t come back and make it a game here in the 2nd half
[Reply]
Page 78 of 181
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128178 > Last »
Up