ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 64 of 181
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114164 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2018-2019 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:37 PM 04-04-2018
Fuck the Final Four. Championship or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

BYE BYE

Spoiler!

FULL SCHEDULE:

https://kuathletics.com/documents/20...9_schedule.pdf

Spoiler!

PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler!

NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP:

Spoiler!

More updates to come.

Let's go get Championship number 4 (6)!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:35 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Don't see why any NBA team would want him. He made no improvements from last year that I saw.
He’s also developing more of an injury history now.

He missed half of his first season with a wrist injury. Then he missed part of late last season with a knee injury. Now this year, he’s missed games with a ankle sprain then a season ending wrist injury.

Not good for a guy that’s going to be expected to play in an 82 game season.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:44 PM 01-06-2019
Huge loss. sigh....

Well, it's not really the end of the KU bball world. Team isn't playing well as KU has a big half court offense problem right now, and they're not talented enough from downtown to shoot themselves out of the problem.

Maybe they need a come to Jesus moment in practice. I'm sure this team doesn't want to be the squad that snaps the Big12 title streak.

I'm not going to freak out because KU lost to ISU @Hilton in Jan. Big12 title still runs through Lawrence.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:03 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade:
You think so? I think he'll see constant double teams now because no one has really established themselves as a steady scorer to take that pressure off of him.
Yeah. The offense looked much better when it was 4 out and Lawson.

When Doke was in there he’d make a move and dokes guy would be right there. Most of that is on Lawson’s court awareness, but still having everybody on the perimeter will help. And it worked the other way too. Doke would run into Lawson’s man and then everyone really would crash because he’s a poor passer in traffic.

The real problem is if Lawson has to go to the bench it is Lightfoot or McCormick and that is baaaad news.

All that aside, this season was effectively capped when it was evident these guys can’t shoot.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:04 PM 01-06-2019
I will say as down as I am on them because Christ they look terrible, they’re apprently 25 points better than OU at their place and gave ISU a game at theirs, where nobody wins.

So who the fuck knows. I really kind of think everyone blows.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:16 PM 01-06-2019
You think so? I think he'll see constant double teams now because no one has really established themselves as a steady scorer to take that pressure off of him.
He'll definitely get double teams, which will create open shots for others as he's a good passer in the post (unlike Udoka). They'll just have to make them.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:20 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
He’s also developing more of an injury history now.

He missed half of his first season with a wrist injury. Then he missed part of late last season with a knee injury. Now this year, he’s missed games with a ankle sprain then a season ending wrist injury.

Not good for a guy that’s going to be expected to play in an 82 game season.
He's still pretty young but it's hard to consider him much of a prospect with all of his issues (injury or otherwise) especially in the current NBA.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:07 AM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I will say as down as I am on them because Christ they look terrible, they’re apprently 25 points better than OU at their place and gave ISU a game at theirs, where nobody wins.

So who the **** knows. I really kind of think everyone blows.
TCU, Tech and Iowa State do not blow. Even Texas seems improved. I hope we don't lose more than 5 games in the Big 12. It's going to be a meat grinder.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:09 AM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
He'll definitely get double teams, which will create open shots for others as he's a good passer in the post (unlike Udoka). They'll just have to make them.
Doke is one of the worst low post passers I've ever seen. It's truly remarkable how bad he is at it. He should have been able to average 3 assists in his sleep last year with all of our shooters.
[Reply]
HolyHandgernade 01:00 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. The offense looked much better when it was 4 out and Lawson.

When Doke was in there he’d make a move and dokes guy would be right there. Most of that is on Lawson’s court awareness, but still having everybody on the perimeter will help. And it worked the other way too. Doke would run into Lawson’s man and then everyone really would crash because he’s a poor passer in traffic.

The real problem is if Lawson has to go to the bench it is Lightfoot or McCormick and that is baaaad news.

All that aside, this season was effectively capped when it was evident these guys can’t shoot.
You really think we can play a four guard lineup with a team that can't connect with consistency from 3? We were 9-0 with Dok clogging Lawson's space. This is the problem when people view the part from the whole. Is Dok the greatest college player ever? Far from it. But does he demand that you play a certain way? He absolutely does. You can't play just one player on him and let him set up under the basket, so it affected the whole way you played defense.

Now, you double Lawson. You chase a streaky Vick. You pack it inside and dare KU to beat you shooting from 3. Dotson is dangerous in transition. Grimes is still finding his way. Don't let Garrett drive, and even if he does, there's a better than average chance he'll miss it. McCormack is still developing, Lightfoot gives energy but little production, KJ and Moore... maybe, maybe not.

Now, I'm not saying they can't do it, but I just don't see it right now. We got killed by ISU because there was no fear in the paint. There best hope outside of SDS being allowed to play is that McCormack develops quickly. Garrett's liability on offense puts us in a tough space against any team that can trot two legitimate bigs out there. Lawson is not a rim protector or a paint defender. Lawson, as good as he has been, cannot carry the offensive load the way Manning could. He doesn't have that level of talent. He's not going to become a 25 and 10 guy in Conference play facing constant double teams.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:14 PM 01-07-2019
You really think we can play a four guard lineup with a team that can't connect with consistency from 3? We were 9-0 with Dok clogging Lawson's space. This is the problem when people view the part from the whole. Is Dok the greatest college player ever? Far from it. But does he demand that you play a certain way? He absolutely does. You can't play just one player on him and let him set up under the basket, so it affected the whole way you played defense.

Now, you double Lawson. You chase a streaky Vick. You pack it inside and dare KU to beat you shooting from 3. Dotson is dangerous in transition. Grimes is still finding his way. Don't let Garrett drive, and even if he does, there's a better than average chance he'll miss it. McCormack is still developing, Lightfoot gives energy but little production, KJ and Moore... maybe, maybe not.

Now, I'm not saying they can't do it, but I just don't see it right now. We got killed by ISU because there was no fear in the paint. There best hope outside of SDS being allowed to play is that McCormack develops quickly. Garrett's liability on offense puts us in a tough space against any team that can trot two legitimate bigs out there. Lawson is not a rim protector or a paint defender. Lawson, as good as he has been, cannot carry the offensive load the way Manning could. He doesn't have that level of talent. He's not going to become a 25 and 10 guy in Conference play facing constant double teams.
I agree with all of that. We aren't the better without Doke altogether, but we were seeming the better team with one at a time.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:02 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
TCU, Tech and Iowa State do not blow. Even Texas seems improved. I hope we don't lose more than 5 games in the Big 12. It's going to be a meat grinder.
Tech struggles to score as much as we do.

UT looked good the last time I saw them but they had some god awful games in the non-con.

Those guys are not juggernauts
[Reply]
BWillie 08:11 PM 01-08-2019
Self decides to burn Ochai's redshirt.

Could we see this?

Dotson
Grimes
Vick
Agbaji
Lawson

I think this spells the end for Charlie Moore playing much - but we really don't have a back up PG. Imagine if Dotson went down - we would have to roll with Grimes or Moore at point.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:19 PM 01-09-2019
Agbaji actually looks like he might be better than Vick as an overall player (not the highest of bars, I know). Certainly providing more on both ends than Charlie Moore.
[Reply]
PHOG 09:20 PM 01-09-2019
Agbaji tearing it up.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:21 PM 01-09-2019
Vick?
[Reply]
Page 64 of 181
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114164 > Last »
Up