« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147187237 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:17 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I know it was a miniscule sample size, but didn't he flash at some point in week 1/2/3 in the WR role?

I feel like he had a hard as hell hand snag in traffic, and another good play with some YAC.

I'm not out on him at all just yet. I think he'll be a fine addition later this year and will probably make a big step next season.

I remember he had a youtube video talking about how crazy the level of detail is with Mahomes about hand placement mid route and through the catch process.

Its gotta be like going from a high school algebra 1 class to a calculous class at Harvard.
Week 1, IIRC.

He made a nice little 'pick' out out of the air on a ball that's definitely intercepted if it goes off his hands.

And then he had another fairly straightforward pitch/catch that yielded some YAC, yeah.

But for all the "I know he can be X" we hear from guys, boy - you're letting that ONE catch do a lot of work because that little snag is literally the only thing he's done on a football field this year that demonstrates any kind of innate ability to be a difference maker.

But there's always next week...
[Reply]
RunKC 12:23 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Then stop drafting guys in the 2nd round that need that much time to produce or develop.
He had a pretty high ceiling coming out of college. Route running, athleticism and hands were there.

He has not been what I thought he was going to be this early but the 2nd half of the season will tell us more about him. Juju being out sucks but this is a good opportunity for the kid to make plays.

I think he’s just behind the gun here. He’s not taking snaps this year from Juju, MVS or Hardman. Now he’s definitely not taking snaps from Toney, who will probably take snaps from Hardman himself.

If we didn’t have Toney I think Moore would be the one getting the plays that Toney got last week.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:24 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I know it was a miniscule sample size, but didn't he flash at some point in week 1/2/3 in the WR role?

I feel like he had a hard as hell hand snag in traffic, and another good play with some YAC.

I'm not out on him at all just yet. I think he'll be a fine addition later this year and will probably make a big step next season.

I remember he had a youtube video talking about how crazy the level of detail is with Mahomes about hand placement mid route and through the catch process.

Its gotta be like going from a high school algebra 1 class to a calculous class at Harvard.
In his limited opportunities he's flashed the ability to snatch the ball with his hands, which is an excellent trait. And i do think he looks like a smooth athlete out there, and a natural hands catcher.

I think he will develop into a nice complimentary pass catcher. I think he has the ability to do so. I'd even say i'd expect him to.

But a nice, developmental, complimentary pass catcher is kind of a bitter pill to swallow when there was talent in the 2nd round that jumped off the page much more than Skyy did, and is currently showing early returns.

I think the crux of MY position regarding this debate boils down to: Don't piss in my cereal and tell me it's milk.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:24 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:

If we didn’t have Toney I think Moore would be the one getting the plays that Toney got last week.
I think you're fooling yourself.
[Reply]
O.city 12:25 PM 11-17-2022
He had a pretty high ceiling coming out of college. Route running, athleticism and hands were there.

He has not been what I thought he was going to be this early but the 2nd half of the season will tell us more about him. Juju being out sucks but this is a good opportunity for the kid to make plays.

I think he’s just behind the gun here. He’s not taking snaps this year from Juju, MVS or Hardman. Now he’s definitely not taking snaps from Toney, who will probably take snaps from Hardman himself.

People keep saying this, but I don't think he's shown anything that would lead anything to think he's gonna be the guy they use for the jet sweeps and such they use Hardman (and now Toney) for.

He's shown a couple times to have nice hands I guess though.
[Reply]
O.city 12:27 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I think you're fooling yourself.
Yeah, I don't really see where that stuff comes from to be honest. He definitely hasn't shown much of that in the NFL to this point.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:28 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
People keep saying this, but I don't think he's shown anything that would lead anything to think he's gonna be the guy they use for the jet sweeps and such they use Hardman (and now Toney) for.

He's shown a couple times to have nice hands I guess though.
Yeah, Kccrow likes that one. "Skyy is the eventual replacement for Hardman", he likes to say.

I couldn't disagree more.

How many Jet sweeps has Moore taken this year? MAYBE 1? idk.
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:31 PM 11-17-2022
Yeah, Kccrow likes that one. "Skyy is the eventual replacement for Hardman", he likes to say.

I couldn't disagree more.

How many Jet sweeps has Moore taken this year? MAYBE 1? idk.
Zero - and there's a very good reason for that.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:32 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Zero - and there's a very good reason for that.
They've been giving him traditional routes. If they had any desire to see him in that Tyreek/Hardman speed sweep, screen, misdirection sort of role i'd imagine we'd have seen some of that by now.

Their usage kinda tells you how they view the player.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:33 PM 11-17-2022

Still not sure where I'm supposed to see this.

A 10 yard split and dusting the MAC?

This gets back to where we were a couple days ago when it was suggested he had 'elite level timing in short area skills' - he simply doesn't. Never did.

It's a thing folks have convinced themselves of that...isn't.

Does he have quick feet? Yeah - but they don't seem to translate to his 3-cone time. Does he have a fast 10 yard split? Yeah - but his 40 is...okay. And frankly, we've seen Toney already make a play where slowing down created a throwing lane as he approached the sideline. Merely having a good 10 yard split doesn't mean you have a premier short-area skill.

To this point there are declaratory statements that continue to be made that simply aren't supported by the evidence we've seen. None of that is permanent, but it's absolutely the present lay of the land.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:34 PM 11-17-2022
Big opportunity for Moore vs the Chargers. If Moore can’t do it in this game then he probably won’t this year.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:37 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Big opportunity for Moore vs the Chargers. If Moore can’t do it in this game then he probably won’t this year.
I was just about to post this as well. Great opportunity for him with it looking like Mecole and JJSS are out.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:15 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Still not sure where I'm supposed to see this.

A 10 yard split and dusting the MAC?

This gets back to where we were a couple days ago when it was suggested he had 'elite level timing in short area skills' - he simply doesn't. Never did.

It's a thing folks have convinced themselves of that...isn't.

Does he have quick feet? Yeah - but they don't seem to translate to his 3-cone time. Does he have a fast 10 yard split? Yeah - but his 40 is...okay. And frankly, we've seen Toney already make a play where slowing down created a throwing lane as he approached the sideline. Merely having a good 10 yard split doesn't mean you have a premier short-area skill.

To this point there are declaratory statements that continue to be made that simply aren't supported by the evidence we've seen. None of that is permanent, but it's absolutely the present lay of the land.
4.41 isn’t exactly slow. It’s a solid time. Not elite but fast.

His short speed is absolutely his best quality. 10 yard time was elite. 99th percentile. I think that you’re referring to his lateral speed which I agree was not great as seen on his 3 cone.

He also has huge hands and had a great catch rate in college. Again as a WR, not a returner.

The Arizona catch he made and some of the others like the sideline catch in Chicago in preseason was absolutely who I thought he’d be. And he’s flashed that at times.

I think putting him at returner (which he never did) bc of his hands in college was a mistake and hurt his confidence. And of course he made a mistake running a route in SF.

But they need to get him out there, especially now. Give him a look and see what he can do. We’ve seen flashes.

Now is the time.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:04 PM 11-17-2022
Sammy Watkins was a 4.45+ guy. 4.41 is more than fast enough.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:06 PM 11-17-2022
They've been giving him traditional routes. If they had any desire to see him in that Tyreek/Hardman speed sweep, screen, misdirection sort of role i'd imagine we'd have seen some of that by now.

Their usage kinda tells you how they view the player.
They were having him do that stuff in training camp IIRC. Might actually get some of those looks now, unless Toney gobbles them all up.
[Reply]
Page 137 of 280
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147187237 > Last »
Up