ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Referee Ron Torbert's crew assigned to work Chiefs-Bengals game
Eleazar 09:58 AM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
For some it's also about having someone to blame. They want to be angry at the refs after a game instead of depressed about a loss. It's less painful. Same thing with conspiracy. Easier to say you got screwed than to feel upset about a loss.
Yeah. We see this in... other areas of life in living color.

People would much rather choose to believe they were cheated than deal with the emotions associated with a loss.

Honesty brings with it responsibility, truth. Truth is seldom sweet; almost invariably bitter. Anger is much easier. Anger only ever confirms what we already believe about ourselves. Comfortable, lets us play the victim, makes us feel important.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:26 AM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Yeah. We see this in... other areas of life in living color.

People would much rather choose to believe they were cheated than deal with the emotions associated with a loss.

Honesty brings with it responsibility, truth. Truth is seldom sweet; almost invariably bitter. Anger is much easier. Anger only ever confirms what we already believe about ourselves. Comfortable, lets us play the victim, makes us feel important.
But my IQ!!
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 01:27 PM 01-27-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'll just leave this here.

If the refs are this bad or this biased and the NFL steers games for Vegas or spite or whatever...

Why are you still watching?

This thread is nothing but misery loves company and hand-wringing about a game we haven't even played yet as we've already lost.

What possible entertainment or joy could you get from it if you believe all these things?

I certainly hope you don't live the rest of your life so paranoid.
OMG stop being obtuse.
If any person thinks that there is no nudging of calls or that they are all being nudged is being too black and white. It is pretty easy to believe that there is choreographing that happens in many games. If you do not believe your eyes when you see those calls happen that is on you. Just like if you don't want to believe the numbers that are obvious and blatant that is also on you.
Ever notice that games are called differently not only by different crews but also differently in the playoffs and then again in the SB?
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:35 PM 01-27-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Ever notice that games are called differently not only by different crews but also differently in the playoffs and then again in the SB?
Like every crew in every sport? :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:12 PM 01-27-2023
OMG stop being obtuse.
If any person thinks that there is no nudging of calls or that they are all being nudged is being too black and white. It is pretty easy to believe that there is choreographing that happens in many games. If you do not believe your eyes when you see those calls happen that is on you. Just like if you don't want to believe the numbers that are obvious and blatant that is also on you.
It's not about whether or not there is no nudging of calls.

It's about believing your team gets DELIBERATELY screwed time and again and still tuning in.

If you can see the absolute ridiculousness in that, I don't know what to tell you.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:37 PM 01-27-2023
It's not about whether or not there is no nudging of calls.

It's about believing your team gets DELIBERATELY screwed time and again and still tuning in.

If you can see the absolute ridiculousness in that, I don't know what to tell you.
It is only with certain refs and there are stats that prove that there is reason to believe that those few refs are deliberately screwing the Chiefs. Those stats were in a thread here a little while back. It made it to several of the shows and GMFB even did a story about it and did not discount the thoughts that there was something unusual surrounding those refs.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 03:50 PM 01-27-2023
It is only with certain refs and there are stats that prove that there is reason to believe that those few refs are deliberately screwing the Chiefs. Those stats were in a thread here a little while back. It made it to several of the shows and GMFB even did a story about it and did not discount the thoughts that there was something unusual surrounding those refs.
I didn't realize even GMFB covered it. That's good news for us, maybe they'll think twice about it next time.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:59 AM 01-28-2023
I'll just leave this here.

If the refs are this bad or this biased and the NFL steers games for Vegas or spite or whatever...

Why are you still watching?

This thread is nothing but misery loves company and hand-wringing about a game we haven't even played yet like we've already lost.

What possible entertainment or joy could you get from it if you believe all these things?

I certainly hope you don't live the rest of your life so paranoid.
Are you aware of how many wrestling fans exist?

Edit: I don’t think anyone has said we are gonna lose this game to the refs. It’s a thread discussing the ref crew we drew. Discussion about past games and results do factor into the thread. But I expect the reffing to be unbiased tomorrow.
[Reply]
Molitoth 01:09 PM 01-27-2023
If The Chiefs can play a full game the way they have the potential to do, no refs or opposition should matter.

This team has fucked around on some side of the ball the majority of the season.

In other words, get your shit together special teams. =)
[Reply]
straycash 11:04 AM 01-28-2023
Bwahahaha the sheep talking about others deflecting the truth, much ironic, hypocrisy at its finest. If it helps soothe the deep wounds, you aren't stupid just deeply indoctrinated.
[Reply]
Spott 10:18 PM 01-29-2023
Torbert’s crew is still a dumpster fire, but we survived.
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:26 PM 01-29-2023
hmmm I thought they did fine... I mean we didn't see Chris Jones strip sack, recover, and brace himself on the way down being called a Roughing the passer.
[Reply]
frozenchief 10:49 PM 01-29-2023
I still don’t get the “no play” on 3rd down and if I were Cincy, I’d be frosty. And I think the holding on Humphrey that nullified the 2nd TD that became a FG was bogus. But it was not nearly as bad as a Cheffers game.
[Reply]
scho63 11:15 PM 01-29-2023
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
I still don’t get the “no play” on 3rd down and if I were Cincy, I’d be frosty. And I think the holding on Humphrey that nullified the 2nd TD that became a FG was bogus. But it was not nearly as bad as a Cheffers game.
A ref came running over to shut down the play because the clock was accidentally still running when it shouldn't have and it was so loud no one hear him. They showed the ref running over. It was valid.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 10:50 PM 01-29-2023
I believe that the Bengals fans have a legit gripe on the five down situation, other than that, the game was called pretty evenly
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up