Page 18 of 54
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hammock Parties 11:24 AM 02-10-2022
May 25. Let's goooo!

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:29 AM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Can I be the only one that feels like the show is being written/produced/directed by the B class? The entire thing just feels off to me.
There are certain moments I feel like that a bit too, yes. This may be a strange nit to pick, but one thing I've felt that's pretty lacklustre is the musical score.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:38 AM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Sure there is some questionable casting choices in this show but I see that as a separate thing.

So internet trolls make racist comments, seems par for the course to me, what has that to do with the Disney doing some "woke" thing in this show? I'm not seeing shit like that in this show. What am I missing?
It isn't in the show.

It's their social media campaign that pre-emptively started calling out people for being racist when in fact nobody had actually DONE it yet.

Then once Disney started popping off stupid and unnecessary Tweets, the trolls doubled down. And so Disney responded in kind and anybody that's appeared in a Disney property of late is out there patting themselves on the back for being inclusive and mostly just woke-scolding online. Suddenly there was a completely manufactured 'Star Wars fans are racist!' trend on social media.

All Disney had to do was NOTHING. But because they absolutely refuse to not go out there and stick their noses in this shit, it became a thing. It's not the show that they're mucking up - it's Disney being Disney and making me REALLY hate this organization writ large.
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:57 AM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Joby Harold was hired to rewrite the series and serve as showrunner in April 2020, executive producing with Chow, McGregor, Kathleen Kennedy, and Michelle Rejwan. Additional castings were announced in March 2021, with co-stars such as Joel Edgerton, Bonnie Piesse, Jimmy Smits, James Earl Jones, and Hayden Christensen also reprising their prequel trilogy roles. Filming began by May 2021 in Los Angeles, using StageCraft video wall technology, and wrapped by September. Star Wars film composer John Williams wrote the series' main theme.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obi-Wa...bi_(TV_series)
I mentioned her earlier in the thread but then I went and looked and it seemed like she had a hand in The Mandalorian too. I haven't watched that entire thing yet. I think I got through the first season but can't remember if I finished it or not. Everyone seemed to like that though but maybe I will have a different opinion once I finish that too.

I can't believe Disney didn't can her ass after the debacle of the movies that shall not be named.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:06 AM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
We have been screaming at Disney to give us more of the bad ass Vader. Finally, more bad ass Vader. :-)

I was thinking that there was no way he was going to kill Obi-Wan. He has to suffer under Vader. What's the point of the dark side if you cant make the person who ****ed up your life, in your eyes, suffer like you have?
It's also notable that Vader clearly seemed to let Obi-Wan go at the end of the episode. The fire was only an impediment because he let it be. Was that decision made to prolong the chase and Obi-Wan's own suffering? Or was it to allow Obi-Wan to strengthen himself over time and become some kind of worthy challenge? Or the admittedly less likely choice (given how far down the dark side path he has gone), does he have a hint of humanity left in him for an old friend?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:20 AM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It's also notable that Vader clearly seemed to let Obi-Wan go at the end of the episode. The fire was only an impediment because he let it be. Was that decision made to prolong the chase and Obi-Wan's own suffering? Or was it to allow Obi-Wan to strengthen himself over time and become some kind of worthy challenge? Or the admittedly less likely choice (given how far down the dark side path he has gone), does he have a hint of humanity left in him for an old friend?
Yep, he let him go on purpose without a doubt. I’m assuming it’s like an animal that plays with its prey before killing it. Maybe he wants him at full strength and then beat him to prove he has evolved further than him? Who knows, but a little fire kept Vader at bay? No way.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:38 AM 06-02-2022
Loved the Vader we got this episode, but kind of hoping by the time we get to the showdown where Kenobi actually is able to fight back Vader loses composure like he did in Episode V against Luke. That's always been my favorite scene with him, where he's just snarling in anger and completely ruthless in his attacks.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:52 AM 06-02-2022
I mentioned her earlier in the thread but then I went and looked and it seemed like she had a hand in The Mandalorian too. I haven't watched that entire thing yet. I think I got through the first season but can't remember if I finished it or not. Everyone seemed to like that though but maybe I will have a different opinion once I finish that too.

I can't believe Disney didn't can her ass after the debacle of the movies that shall not be named.
Supposedly she had creative content in the Obi-Wan movie that ended up in the TV series. But, as I understand it, she has no control of the upcoming Disney+ shows. That’s Jon and Dave with full control since they resigned.

Jon is currently running the Mandolrian season 3 and 4 back to back and expected to be his last one with this series. Dave is doing Asoka right now.

Her contract as head of Lucas films is up in 24. We can only hope her ineptitude is coming to an end.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:19 PM 06-02-2022

[Reply]
BigRichard 12:58 PM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The fire scene or just the mounds of whatever they were in general?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:25 PM 06-02-2022
The fire scene or just the mounds of whatever they were in general?
The hitch-hiking on the cargo sled scene. . . . Where he shoots out the laser fence, then just walks through. . .
[Reply]
staylor26 01:45 PM 06-02-2022
Can I be the only one that feels like the show is being written/produced/directed by the B class? The entire thing just feels off to me.
No, you’re not the only one.

Other than the Vader scene, everything else had been mediocre at best.
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:56 PM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The hitch-hiking on the cargo sled scene. . . . Where he shoots out the laser fence, then just walks through. . .
Ah... forgot about that one.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:29 PM 06-02-2022
Yeah, I don't know who the fuck thought that looked good. I honestly thought he was about to hijack the skiff the guy was driving when he was so keen on opening the laser gate but then they just kind of speed walk through. Like, what the fuck, just go around one of the posts.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:00 PM 06-02-2022
This show sucks.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:35 PM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Episode 3 was great.
I thought the escape scene was a little cheesy but this is entertaining.
Maybe if you are 10.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 54
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up