Page 46 of 51
« First < 364243444546 47484950 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Browns sign Kareem Hunt
wazu 12:59 PM 02-11-2019

Statement from GM John Dorsey: pic.twitter.com/TUgoBalvkg

— Cleveland Browns (@Browns) February 11, 2019

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:19 PM 08-12-2019
This is worse than any Alex Smith discussion. Ever.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:52 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
I'll take what we have. Like the numbers show, the drop off from Hunt to Williams wasn't much of a drop off if at all. So yeah I'll take Williams and Darwin and maybe Hyde for 16 games over Williams for 8 and Hunt for the last 8.
I hear what you’re saying regarding production, but I wonder how much he actually impacted wins and losses (again, see: Any Broncos game).

Chiefs were, what, 9-1 with Hunt? How about without him?

It clearly wouldn’t have mattered last year, because he was out either way. I simply hope it doesn’t matter this year, either.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:18 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I hear what you’re saying regarding production, but I wonder how much he actually impacted wins and losses (again, see: Any Broncos game).

It clearly wouldn’t have mattered last year, because he was out either way. I simply hope it doesn’t matter this year, either.
Who gives a fucking shit?
[Reply]
-King- 11:36 PM 08-12-2019

The loss of Watkins impacted the team more than the loss of Hunt.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:47 PM 08-12-2019
This.

The only thing with Hunt was the team clearly loved him and his clubhouse presence, so on a personal level it seemed to mess with them.

But from a performance POV - clearly they missed Watkins more.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:13 AM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
This.

The only thing with Hunt was the team clearly loved him and his clubhouse presence, so on a personal level it seemed to mess with them.

But from a performance POV - clearly they missed Watkins more.
Which argues the point. Should we re sign Watkins?
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:33 AM 08-13-2019
Let's see how this year goes. If he balls out then keep him one more year. If not let him go or maybe he takes a pay cut.

Chiefs are in the driver's seat - good contract.

Oh do you mean after the 2020 season - if he keeps balling out? No, I'd assume we let him go at that point unless he's stayed healthy for 2 full seasons and Tyreek hasn't been extended for some reason.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:30 AM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Let's see how this year goes. If he balls out then keep him one more year. If not let him go or maybe he takes a pay cut.

Chiefs are in the driver's seat - good contract.

Oh do you mean after the 2020 season - if he keeps balling out? No, I'd assume we let him go at that point unless he's stayed healthy for 2 full seasons and Tyreek hasn't been extended for some reason.
Pretty much this. It doesn't seem that the Chiefs have ever viewed KC as a long-term home for Watkins. And if they can continue to develop cheap, young, high-quality talent, then what's the point?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:55 PM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Pretty much this. It doesn't seem that the Chiefs have ever viewed KC as a long-term home for Watkins. And if they can continue to develop cheap, young, high-quality talent, then what's the point?
I think the point is, if he, alone, is what caused us to slip to 3-3, we, evidently, need him.
[Reply]
patteeu 01:11 PM 08-13-2019
I think the point is, if he, alone, is what caused us to slip to 3-3, we, evidently, need him.
Needed him. We needed him then, but in the future, anticipating the end of his contract, the Chiefs would surely find/groom a replacement.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 01:13 PM 08-13-2019
I keep coming in here expecting to hear that Hunt screwed up again, and will miss the entire season.

but alas, it's just groundhog day over and over again.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:15 PM 08-13-2019
Lol same here.
[Reply]
Shields68 01:22 PM 08-13-2019
Would agree. But the loss of Hunt did have an impact. Hunt was almost like a wr in the spread formation. Also has a little more power then Williams.
[Reply]
Shields68 01:24 PM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Which argues the point. Should we re sign Watkins?
Too many other guys will need to be paid. So no.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:28 PM 08-13-2019

Kareem Hunt did not have anywhere near the impact of the Broncos game that Mahomes did.

Left handed 3rd down conversion, cross field pass to Kelce, running TD. Did you watch that game? Pat converted 2nd and 30. Second and motherfucking THIRTY!

Hunt had some nice receiving gains, but Williams and Thompson can replicate that.

Pat won us that game. Hunt didn’t have that much to do with it
[Reply]
Page 46 of 51
« First < 364243444546 47484950 > Last »
Up