ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark = Neil Smith? [Clark signs with Broncos]
Third Eye 01:01 PM 06-08-2023

Breaking: Free agent pass rusher Frank Clark is signing with the #Broncos, sources tell @theScore.

The 3x Pro Bowler and 2x Super Bowl champ with the #Chiefs finds a new home in Denver.

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) June 8, 2023

[Reply]
The Franchise 09:25 AM 06-09-2023
Reggie Ragland made a tackle one time....maybe. I think he deserves to be in there.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:26 AM 06-09-2023
Oprah - You're in the ring! And you're in the ring!
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:27 AM 06-09-2023
"How can you sit there and say playoff contributions don't matter??? They're the only thing that matters!!!!"

We're a franchise that went 50 years without a Super Bowl, and before then we had multiple streaks of 15+ years without a playoff win (one of them was 30).

That does NOT mean when analyzing important Chiefs careers that you splooge over yourself and let somebody like Frank Clark into the ring of honor just because he was big in two playoff games in one of the SB runs.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:28 AM 06-09-2023
10.5 playoff sacks as a Chief. That doesn’t happen by accident.

Say what you want but the guy made plays in the playoffs consistently. That was a huge upgrade over Justin Houston and Dee Ford
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:29 AM 06-09-2023
Chad Henne...

He did about as much as Frank fucking Clark did in the regular season but came up big in two playoff games on the way to the Chiefs going to two Super Bowls and winning one.

Put him in, Carl!
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:30 AM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Say what you want but the guy made plays in the playoffs consistently. That was a huge upgrade over Justin Houston and Dee Ford
Again. This isn't the Ring of "He did a few things that were important in the playoffs." It's the Ring of Honor.
[Reply]
penchief 09:32 AM 06-09-2023

Dee Ford, yes. Justin Houston, no.

Houston was a dominant force that would have shattered the single season sack record had he not been dropped into pass coverage so much. Just when the defense was going to transition to a scheme more suitable to his talent, he got injured and was never able to regain his former dominance.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:33 AM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
Now you're talking. Again, if they need to make room for him they can remove Neil Smith.
I've got a better idea.

Take out all of the Chiefs that didn't win shit! Playoffs are the only thing that matters in the Ring of Honor!

You contributed during a SB run? You get in!

Will Shields and his long and storied career with the team? No playoff wins? Oooooohhh too bad. Worthless cunt! Take his name down! We win Super Bowls now, so career accomplishments can go fuck themselves!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:39 AM 06-09-2023

Dee Ford is your freakin' bar?

And yeah, Houston sucked against NE. But Clark has sucked in about 2/3 of the playoff games he's played. At least half. He sucked worse than Houston has EVER sucked in the Bengals AFCCG loss. You people want to kill Houston for a bad game (and it was a bad game) but just blow right past a loss that was easily as egregious and a game that Clark was just as instrumental in losing.

But Houston also had 2 sacks in the Colts game that preceded it. And a sack in the Steelers game the year prior where, unfortunately, he didn't get to keep playing because his QB was a spineless squish.

Justin Houston was every bit the post-season player Frank Clark was, if not moreso. But he didn't have God playing QB for him to continue to put him in pass-rush situations and advance him deep into post-season play. And unlike Clark, Houston busted his ass game in-game out during the regular season. he battled back from a nasty knee injury and botched surgery to continue to answer the bell as opposed to getting fat and drunk like Clark.

Frank Clark can't hold Justin Houston's fucking jock.

It isn't even a close question. Justin Houston is orders of magnitude more deserving of career honors in Kansas City than Frank Clark is. But you friggen Clark fanbois just can't let it go.

Upgrade on Justin Houston...Jesus Christ. The amount of shit you have to completely ignore to reach that conclusion is just staggering.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:52 AM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I felt like it was a win when he acknowledged Clark had 3 “decent” postseason games. That’s about the most glowing as he’s ever been about The Shark.

Let’s not jinx it with PFF coverage grades which tell the true story: Clark’s ability in coverage allowed the Spags defense to work as he needed jack-of-all-trades players who could help disguise different looks and either attack the QB with the ferocity of a large aquatic beast or seamlessly drop back into coverage and take on some of the NFL’s best receivers. Clark was the engine that made the defense go - in Swingers parlance, “The guy behind the guy.”
The is the first time I've ever heard Clark getting lauded for his ability in coverage.

We're really doing this? We're really arguing that Clark was the kingpin of this whole Chiefs defense?

He did so much like get sacks and pressures... kinda. And setting the edge! .... kinda. And dropping into coverage!... kinda

You know who the REAL engine was that made the Spags defense work? Honey Badger. THAT'S your engine on defense. I'd 100 times over rather put that guy in the Ring of Honor over Clark, because he did exactly what people are claiming Clark did but at such a higher level. For two years we were pretty damn dependent on Mathieu lining up just about damn well everywhere except for NT.

People have a sour taste in their mouths about Mathieu because of all the business decisions he made his last year in KC. But his time with us burned bright as hell, and that's the same stupid argument people are making for Frank fucking Clark.

You can't have one without the other. You can't say put Clark in the Ring of Honor and leave out Honey Badger.

Still want to put Clark in the Ring of Honor?

(I know you weren't necessarily arguing for Clark's inclusion in the ROH, only to get people to stop shitting on him so much, but fuck this. I'll shit in Frank Clark's mouth as I damn well please)
[Reply]
RunKC 09:53 AM 06-09-2023
Yeah we needed Houston to do something against Brady and he didn’t even touch the guy. 0 QB hits, 0 TFL’s, 0 PD’s and 2 total tackles.

Meanwhile Frank gets 2 sacks in a championship game where we know the defense is gonna have to carry the team bc the WR’s are all hurt and the QB is playing on one leg.

Justin Houston was overrated as hell bc of a single good playoff game against the Colts
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:54 AM 06-09-2023
Yeah we needed Houston to do something against Brady and he didn’t even touch the guy. 0 QB hits, 0 TFL’s, 0 PD’s and 2 total tackles.

Meanwhile Frank gets 2 sacks in a championship game where we know the defense is gonna have to carry the team bc the WR’s are all hurt and the QB is playing on one leg.

Justin Houston was overrated as hell bc of a single good playoff game against the Colts
Everybody and their grandmother had sacks in that Cincinnati game. It was a shitty offensive line.

Inferring that Frank Clark was a key defensive piece in that AFCC game is like saying Deanna Troi was a key character on Star Trek: TNG. Yeah, she had her episodes. Everybody in the main cast had their fucking episodes.
[Reply]
wazu 09:58 AM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I've got a better idea.

Take out all of the Chiefs that didn't win shit! Playoffs are the only thing that matters in the Ring of Honor!

You contributed during a SB run? You get in!

Will Shields and his long and storied career with the team? No playoff wins? Oooooohhh too bad. Worthless cunt! Take his name down! We win Super Bowls now, so career accomplishments can go fuck themselves!
Nobody is saying that. Clark made major contributions in many playoff games. Sorenson had multiple game-turning plays in playoff games. Obviously I can see not adding Sorenson, but wherever he is in Chiefs history, those plays pump his stock way up.

Of course any Hall of Fame player is in, as well as some who are not HoF but were just really awesome for a sustained amount of time. But post-season heroes should get preferential treatment, by a lot.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:01 AM 06-09-2023
I actually really like that. Frank Clark as the Deanna Troi of this SB-winning Enterprise.

Clay, I leave this in your capable hands...
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 10:01 AM 06-09-2023
What do you know! He still gets to participate in the Chiefs dominant winning streak over the Donkos
[Reply]
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up