Media Center>Star Wars: Andor
siberian khatru 07:48 PM 11-09-2022
WOW
[Reply]
Bowser 08:47 PM 11-09-2022
Yeah, that was good shit.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:50 PM 11-09-2022
Fuck me. That makes me of all people want to get up and fight the man.

Well done.

And for fucks sake, I could listen to Stellan Skarsgard read the phone book and be compelled. My god man.
[Reply]
Fish 10:13 PM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Fuck me. That makes me of all people want to get up and fight the man.

Well done.

And for fucks sake, I could listen to Stellan Skarsgard read the phone book and be compelled. My god man.
I didn't really know him before this series. But, holy shit if he isn't an incredible actor. Especially the way he's essentially playing 2 different parts with his secret identity.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:20 PM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
I didn't really know him before this series. But, holy shit if he isn't an incredible actor. Especially the way he's essentially playing 2 different parts with his secret identity.
You don't know Stellan Skarsgard? He's good in everything I've ever done, but you have to have seen him in the MCU.

But if you haven't seen Chernobyl, do it now. Right now. It is fantastic. And I think you would dig it.

He's also really fucking good in Good Will Hunting, which I'm sure you've seen.

But yeah, he's awesome in this. I was skeptical that his character would be compelling early on because he was pretty much a dick, and that's not interesting, but damn he lights up the screen.
[Reply]
Fish 10:36 PM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
You don't know Stellan Skarsgard? He's good in everything I've ever done, but you have to have seen him in the MCU.

But if you haven't seen Chernobyl, do it now. Right now. It is fantastic. And I think you would dig it.

He's also really fucking good in Good Will Hunting, which I'm sure you've seen.

But yeah, he's awesome in this. I was skeptical that his character would be compelling early on because he was pretty much a dick, and that's not interesting, but damn he lights up the screen.
Wow, yeah I have seen both of those, and didn't realize that's who he was. LOL, I feel pretty dumb now. Looking at his imdb list, he's been in a ton of stuff I've seen but just didn't recognize.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:49 PM 11-09-2022
Wow, yeah I have seen both of those, and didn't realize that's who he was. LOL, I feel pretty dumb now. Looking at his imdb list, he's been in a ton of stuff I've seen but just didn't recognize.
LOL It happens. I'm weird about it. I look up a ton of shit. Somehow it is an itch that I need to scratch. Especially if I don't know how I watched movies before IMDB.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:29 PM 11-10-2022
Really?

I mean he was hilariously underused in a Wolfgang Puck boiling hot dogs sort of way in the Marvel movies.

But in Midnight in Chernobyl, he was a force. He was really good in one of those Dan Brown movies (I think the second one; it had Ewan McGregor as well, IIRC) - Commander of the Swiss Guard and very typical 'weighty' performance from him.

And you'd probably never pick it up because he was much younger, but he was Tupolev in Hunt for Red October. "We're going to kill a friend, Yvgeni; We're going to kill Ramius..."

I don't know how dynamic an actor he is - but in roles that require real gravitas, he is a slam dunk pick.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:01 PM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Really?

I mean he was hilariously underused in a Wolfgang Puck boiling hot dogs sort of way in the Marvel movies.

But in Midnight in Chernobyl, he was a force. He was really good in one of those Dan Brown movies (I think the second one; it had Ewan McGregor as well, IIRC) - Commander of the Swiss Guard and very typical 'weighty' performance from him.

And you'd probably never pick it up because he was much younger, but he was Tupolev in Hunt for Red October. "We're going to kill a friend, Yvgeni; We're going to kill Ramius..."

I don't know how dynamic an actor he is - but in roles that require real gravitas, he is a slam dunk pick.
Well hell. That right there just killed my appetite for Star Wars stuff for like the next ten years. Talk about a spoiler, yeesh:-)
[Reply]
Fish 11:09 PM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Really?

Wow. The Hunt for Red October one blows my mind. Thanks.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:03 PM 11-09-2022
And fuck Andy Serkis was good. This shit is fire.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:07 AM 11-10-2022
That episode was one of the best Star Wars-related pieces of content ever made.
[Reply]
Graystoke 07:20 AM 11-10-2022
Incredible
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:54 AM 11-10-2022
Finally, a mature grounded Star Wars piece of media. I'm all caught up and it's fantastic.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
staylor26 10:19 AM 11-10-2022
Amazing episode.

Serkis was such a pleasant surprise in this series.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 21
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up