Spoiler!

2/2
Spoiler!

1/31
Spoiler!

[Reply]
seamonster 09:28 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
We've entered an era where comment sections are dominated by tinfoil hats. It'll drive you nuts if you dwell on it.
Reddit's worse.

What's Willie Gay's status? Chiefs need the speed on the edges for all of that RPO play design the eagles do.
[Reply]
Spott 09:32 AM 02-08-2023
We've entered an era where comment sections are dominated by tinfoil hats. It'll drive you nuts if you dwell on it.
They’re all pretty terrible. It’s basically the people that shout the loudest think they are the smartest, but in reality it’s exactly the opposite. They are definitely the vocal minority and don’t speak for the rest of society(hopefully).
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:34 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by Spott:
It’s basically the people that shout the loudest think they are the smartest, but in reality it’s exactly the opposite.
"The empty can rattles the most"
[Reply]
TLO 10:55 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
On 810 this morning they had an update on Gay and he is good to go. He said he could have played last week.
Keep him away from any vacuum cleaners in Arizona.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:21 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by seamonster:
Reddit's worse.

What's Willie Gay's status? Chiefs need the speed on the edges for all of that RPO play design the eagles do.
Reddit's an interesting case. The voting system does tend to suppress the crazies a LITTLE bit, but it's at the cost of creating an echo chamber. If 60% of people agree with a take, it'll be at the very top of a thread while the take that 40% of people agree with gets buried. Couple that with the fact that it skews young compared to Facebook and Twitter (and ChiefsPlanet), and it definitely has a specific "hive mind" about some things.

Regarding the crazies, though, my sense is that a lot of people who rush to post about something in the moment skew toward the insane end of the spectrum. Right after the Bengals game, /r/nfl was pretty nuts with rigged talk. A day or two later, though, and most of the threads about it had a top comment that was much more logical. Similar for Twitter, though I personally try not to get too wrapped up in Twitter comment threads - those seem to be the worst to me.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:24 AM 02-08-2023
Reddit's an interesting case. The voting system does tend to suppress the crazies a LITTLE bit, but it's at the cost of creating an echo chamber. If 60% of people agree with a take, it'll be at the very top of a thread while the take that 40% of people agree with gets buried. Couple that with the fact that it skews young compared to Facebook and Twitter (and ChiefsPlanet), and it definitely has a specific "hive mind" about some things.

Regarding the crazies, though, my sense is that a lot of people who rush to post about something in the moment skew toward the insane end of the spectrum. Right after the Bengals game, /r/nfl was pretty nuts with rigged talk. A day or two later, though, and most of the threads about it had a top comment that was much more logical. Similar for Twitter, though I personally try not to get too wrapped up in Twitter comment threads - those seem to be the worst to me.
/r/nfl has a history of hating the Chiefs though.
[Reply]
IrishChief 11:40 AM 02-08-2023
Is Toney healthy? Any updates that ive missed
[Reply]
DaFace 11:54 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
/r/nfl has a history of hating the Chiefs though.
I don't think that sentiment is at all unique to /r/nfl/, though. Everyone's tired of the Chiefs, just like we were tired of the Patriots.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:59 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by IrishChief:
Is Toney healthy? Any updates that ive missed
He said he's definitely playing.

I'd imagine in the next few hours we'll get word on who is practicing in full and limited capacity.

Right now I think we should be operating under the assumption we'll have everyone but Hardman.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:01 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
He said he's definitely playing.

I'd imagine in the next few hours we'll get word on who is practicing in full and limited capacity.

Right now I think we should be operating under the assumption we'll have everyone but Hardman.
Yep. Hardman is on IR. Everybody on the active roster is going to play.
[Reply]
wazu 12:43 PM 02-08-2023
I don't think that sentiment is at all unique to /r/nfl/, though. Everyone's tired of the Chiefs, just like we were tired of the Patriots.
Friggin Chiefs have won 1 whole Superbowl in the last decade! Poor Eagles have only won....1! DOWN WITH THE CHIEFS!
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 12:48 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
Friggin Chiefs have won 1 whole Superbowl in the last decade! Poor Eagles have only won....1! DOWN WITH THE CHIEFS!
5 straight AFCCG's hosted at Arrowhead, and 3 SB appearances in 5 years. Include the hype surrounding Mahomes, I'd be sick of it too if I wasn't a Chiefs fan.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:54 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
I don't think those situations are really comparable, personally:
  1. The Eagles have a new QB, new coach, and new skill position players from their previous Super Bowl, while the Chiefs are basically still just Andy, Mahomes, and Kelce.
  2. The Chiefs have been a contender every year, hosting the AFCCG every year of Mahomes's career and in the Super Bowl 3 of the last 4 years. The Eagles were mediocre at best every year since their Super Bowl until this year.
  3. The AFC had to deal with Brady for 20 years, so AFC fans are already sick of the conference being dominated by one guy (or three if you want to include Manning and Roethlisberger in the discussion). Meanwhile, the NFC has really spread around the success over the years.

Fans of every other AFC team are seeing the writing on the wall that they moved from Brady for 20 the past years to Mahomes for the next 20, and it terrifies them. The hate is here to stay - it's time to just embrace it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:32 PM 02-08-2023

Chris Jones told me he’s under the weather. Congestion, sore throat. But said he’ll be fine. Seemed like a few #chiefs players were battling a little something today.

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) February 8, 2023

[Reply]
tyecopeland 01:43 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep. Hardman is on IR. Everybody on the active roster is going to play.
Nuh uh. At least 7 of them will be inactive. Maybe more if we elevate someone from the practice squad too.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 38
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Up