ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>Fans of my music, please enter the chat.
Molitoth 02:51 PM 01-29-2023
So, my music project(s) have had a decent amount of people who dig on this forum, otherwise I would be way too timid to even post this here.

With my second full length album "You" coming soon (Feb 24th), and my other band (A Light Within) about to drop some new singles, I was thinking of hosting a Listening party somewhere in KC.

I'm thinking of collaborating with a venue that serves food/drink and would be willing to play the album a couple of times through over a couple of hours while we hang out and mingle, talk about music... just meet fellow planeteers, etc.

I'm thinking no cover charge... just genuine hanging out and partying.

So my question is:

1) Does this sound like fun? AKA: Is there any interest from people here?
2) Any preferred venues to do this?
3) Any other ideas?

I won't be able to spend money to Rent a place (Like the Boulevard Brewing hall or something), but I'd hope that I can find someplace that will just play some of my music for like 2-3 hours and get some people coming through the door.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:00 AM 01-30-2023
Sounds like a good time to me. Wish we were closer to KC. Wasn't planning on coming up until Planet Comicon.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 05:14 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Sounds like a good time to me. Wish we were closer to KC. Wasn't planning on coming up until Planet Comicon.
Is that a real thing lawrenceKUguy? That sounds way gayer than my book club idea.

Sorry OP. I was gonna check out your music cause Oasis, what I listen to all the time, is a bit dated. Timeless though. Anyway I saw no links at all. I assume you already have a following here and you weren't looking to gain any further following.
[Reply]
Third Eye 05:56 PM 01-30-2023
This sounds like something my wife and I might be interested in.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:53 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
Is that a real thing lawrenceKUguy? That sounds way gayer than my book club idea.

Sorry OP. I was gonna check out your music cause Oasis, what I listen to all the time, is a bit dated. Timeless though. Anyway I saw no links at all. I assume you already have a following here and you weren't looking to gain any further following.
I'm nerdy AF man. I've been to multiple Trek conventions and plan on going for the Star Trek star power that is going to be there.

OP's tunes are amazing.
[Reply]
Mark M 02:59 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
So, my music project(s) have had a decent amount of people who dig on this forum, otherwise I would be way too timid to even post this here.

With my second full length album "You" coming soon (Feb 24th), and my other band (A Light Within) about to drop some new singles, I was thinking of hosting a Listening party somewhere in KC.

I'm thinking of collaborating with a venue that serves food/drink and would be willing to play the album a couple of times through over a couple of hours while we hang out and mingle, talk about music... just meet fellow planeteers, etc.

I'm thinking no cover charge... just genuine hanging out and partying.

So my question is:

1) Does this sound like fun? AKA: Is there any interest from people here?
2) Any preferred venues to do this?
3) Any other ideas?

I won't be able to spend money to Rent a place (Like the Boulevard Brewing hall or something), but I'd hope that I can find someplace that will just play some of my music for like 2-3 hours and get some people coming through the door.
Link to said music...?

NEVERMIND -- Found your band's YooTooob
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 03:00 PM 01-31-2023
I'm nerdy AF man. I've been to multiple Trek conventions and plan on going for the Star Trek star power that is going to be there.

OP's tunes are amazing.
This explains it all, your participation in the sci fi literature thread, the messages we have traded, the picture is clear. I hope for your sake you made it to the Star Trek lounge in Las Vegas, where you can buy Romulan Ale (and it's blue, and they have dry ice so it also smokes) from a Romulan waiter. I heard they shut that down now. Why? Don't know. Probably to clear room for more slot machines.

OP or anyone else: I want to hear the music. Everyone says it is great music. There is no link here. Someone link something and if it costs a buck to download the top single I might just pay that buck.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 03:09 PM 01-31-2023
https://youtu.be/DEtvnupL9Qk

This is no garage band. This is quality produced, very professional stuff. Very cool!
[Reply]
Mark M 03:17 PM 01-31-2023

This is no garage band. This is quality produced, very professional stuff. Very cool!
Just listened to their newest one. Very Marilyn Manson/NIN vibes -- which is a good thing! And hard agree that the production values are really good.

Will have to listen to that album in the next few days for sure and maybe kick over a few bucks (I have this thing about paying artists for their work, lol).

:-)
[Reply]
Molitoth 04:18 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
This sounds like something my wife and I might be interested in.
Noted! I'm trying to put something together.

OP's tunes are amazing.
<3 you man

Thanks for the compliment my dude! I'm the producer, so I love this!

Originally Posted by Mark M:
Just listened to their newest one. Very Marilyn Manson/NIN vibes -- which is a good thing! And hard agree that the production values are really good.

Will have to listen to that album in the next few days for sure and maybe kick over a few bucks (I have this thing about paying artists for their work, lol).

:-)
Oh man, thanks!

I sing and write for multiple bands.

If you found "Molitoth" on youtube, that was started as my solo album back in 2020. It's now turned into a 3 piece and we are releasing the second album coming very soon (Feb 24th!)

Here is the first single from that:

Today I just dropped a new single from my KC live band "A Light Within"

I really try and keep chill with the self promotion (which is prob why I didn't link anything in the OP).... but if you like my Voice and style, I have a ton of stuff for you here:

https://molitoth.bandcamp.com/
https://alightwithin.bandcamp.com/
[Reply]
Mark M 04:57 PM 01-31-2023
That new one from A Light Within is what I found. :-)
[Reply]
Mark M 05:16 PM 01-31-2023

https://molitoth.bandcamp.com/
https://alightwithin.bandcamp.com/
Just ran through some of the songs on Tribunal and HOOOOOOOLY crap dude -- that's good.

Like, real good. (What time sig is "Interrogation Frames"...? I wanna say 5/8 [3/8, even?] but probably way off.)

Will 100% be checking out your stuff and chucking some money your way (prefer via Bandcamp or something else?).

Fantastic stuff and keep it up!!!! (I played drums for a blues band -- well, I hit them in a semblance of rhythm, lol; I'm mediocre on my best days -- and miss that sooooo much. Take your chances and follow that dream, my guy!!)
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:13 PM 02-01-2023
So......when you droppin' a Chiefs SB track?
[Reply]
Molitoth 02:57 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Mark M:
Just ran through some of the songs on Tribunal and HOOOOOOOLY crap dude -- that's good.

Like, real good. (What time sig is "Interrogation Frames"...? I wanna say 5/8 [3/8, even?] but probably way off.)

Will 100% be checking out your stuff and chucking some money your way (prefer via Bandcamp or something else?).

Fantastic stuff and keep it up!!!! (I played drums for a blues band -- well, I hit them in a semblance of rhythm, lol; I'm mediocre on my best days -- and miss that sooooo much. Take your chances and follow that dream, my guy!!)

Damn man thanks so much for these words! I make music for myself, but when anyone else enjoys it, it def makes my day better!

Interrogation Frames is in 4/4 ! haha =)

Originally Posted by Detoxing:
So......when you droppin' a Chiefs SB track?
Man... I wouldn't even know where to start. That would surely be a challenge to do something like that in my style. I think I'll leave that to Mac Lethal and Tech Nine.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:03 AM 02-02-2023
Today I just dropped a new single from my KC live band "A Light Within"

Fuck that's good. And HEAVY.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up