ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Packers may trade Rodgers but only to AFC
Sassy Squatch 11:03 AM 01-24-2023

Update: The #Packers will not be trading Aaron Rodgers within the NFC Conference.

They "will explore" the idea of trading the QB exclusively to the AFC, per @AdamSchefter pic.twitter.com/RJef7DGNSB

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) January 24, 2023

[Reply]
DRM08 04:25 PM 01-24-2023
I want the AFC East to be pretty tough for Buffalo. Jets getting a solid QB like Rodgers should make things a bit tougher on Buffalo at least. Meanwhile the Patriots hired Bill O'Brien as their OC. Not sure if O'Brien can improve the Patriots offense, but it can't be much worse than what they were trotting on the field this season.
[Reply]
irafreak 04:26 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Titans. Aaron has a place down there already I've read and that division is soft and ready for anyone to take. Also he gets a beast at RB to take pressure off him.
I like him going to the titans to beat up the Bengals twice a year. They need more heat in that division especially if Lamar leaves.
[Reply]
carcosa 04:29 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by irafreak:
I like him going to the titans to beat up the Bengals twice a year. They need more heat in that division especially if Lamar leaves.
Better double check those divisions, compadre
[Reply]
PHOG 01-24-2023, 04:29 PM
This message has been deleted by PHOG. Reason: Already stated
DRM08 04:30 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by irafreak:
Rodgers could replace Lamar in Baltimore. That would at least give Baltimore a better chance than Huntley & the other backup QB they had to use recently.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:34 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Rodgers could replace Lamar in Baltimore. That would at least give Baltimore a better chance than Huntley & the other backup QB they had to use recently.
That just seems like a very bad fit IMHO

They're a team built to run run run, and would need extensive retooling to take advantage of what Rodgers brings... as it stands all he would have is a good back and TE
[Reply]
DRM08 04:36 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
That just seems like a very bad fit IMHO

They're a team built to run run run, and would need extensive retooling to take advantage of what Rodgers brings... as it stands all he would have is a good back and TE
Based on recent comments from Harbaugh & the GM, it sounds like they really want to keep Lamar. Guess we will see if they follow through on it or he demands too much and they send him elsewhere.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:41 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Based on recent comments from Harbaugh & the GM, it sounds like they really want to keep Lamar. Guess we will see if they follow through on it or he demands too much and they send him elsewhere.
Lamar would be an idiot to leave them for a few extra million, they've been built around him for years... its not going to be any better for him elsewhere
[Reply]
DRM08 05:04 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Lamar would be an idiot to leave them for a few extra million, they've been built around him for years... its not going to be any better for him elsewhere
I agree, but it reminds me of the high school recruits. They always believe they are special enough to go anywhere and have big success. "Alabama has a roster loaded with 5-star players? I'll beat all of those guys for playing time." Some of those kids end up with zero playing time and have to transfer somewhere else.

There's a lot of arrogance with high level athletes, maybe not enough humility at times. Lamar is a guy with pretty special talent who won the MVP. So it's understandable that he believes he could go anywhere and have success, instead of thinking that maybe the Ravens have aided him a lot in his career.

It's also possible that Lamar is worried about his injury issues the last couple years, so he wants as much guaranteed money as possible. Hard to blame him for viewing it from this angle. His health has not been perfect the last couple years, so maybe he is feeling the pressure to grab the money before his body gives out on him.
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 09:11 PM 01-24-2023

Aaron Rodgers: "There's been a lot of fun dreaming about retiring as a Packer, because there's something really special about that. But if the competitive hole still needs to be satiated, and it's time to move on, I hope everybody would look at that with a lot of gratitude."

— Ryan Wood (@ByRyanWood) January 24, 2023

Apparently his hole still needs to be satiated.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:13 PM 01-24-2023
Why would the Packers care if he stays in the NFC? Just take the highest offer.

Packers likely are nowhere near actually contending, so it seems foolish to give a shit where he actually goes. He won’t get in their way of contending, because that won’t happen until after he’s retired.
[Reply]
jettio 09:49 PM 01-24-2023
Jets will not consider acquiring Rodgers unless he agrees to not send any dick pics without prior approval from Jets communications department.

NYC is not Green Bay, as Favre found out.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:47 PM 01-24-2023
I will take him over bleeping Brady.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:59 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Why would the Packers care if he stays in the NFC? Just take the highest offer.

Packers likely are nowhere near actually contending, so it seems foolish to give a shit where he actually goes. He won’t get in their way of contending, because that won’t happen until after he’s retired.
Came here to post this.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 12:14 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
1) Won't happen. What a boring, repetitive story this'll be yet again, though.

2) It SHOULD happen. GB should be happy to get rid of this selfish egomaniac, especially if some desperate loser like the Jets pays big.

3) Conference-specific trading is utterly stupid. If a team like the Panthers or Commies offered big for him (more than an AFC team), trade him there in a second. Worrying about one guy on one team is so ridiculously narrow-minded for an NFL team who should always be thinking big picture. If you really have to, put some kind of team success clause in there, like making the NFCCG, which I'm sure they'd be happy to pay.
It's not like the pack are ready to make a serious run anyway. Trade him to the highest bidder, load up on draft picks and rebuild.
[Reply]
Balto 12:19 AM 01-25-2023
I’m guessing Phins
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up