ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Packers may trade Rodgers but only to AFC
Sassy Squatch 11:03 AM 01-24-2023

Update: The #Packers will not be trading Aaron Rodgers within the NFC Conference.

They "will explore" the idea of trading the QB exclusively to the AFC, per @AdamSchefter pic.twitter.com/RJef7DGNSB

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) January 24, 2023

[Reply]
CupidStunt 12:04 PM 01-24-2023
1) Won't happen. What a boring, repetitive story this'll be yet again, though.

2) It SHOULD happen. GB should be happy to get rid of this selfish egomaniac, especially if some desperate loser like the Jets pays big.

3) Conference-specific trading is utterly stupid. If a team like the Panthers or Commies offered big for him (more than an AFC team), trade him there in a second. Worrying about one guy on one team is so ridiculously narrow-minded for an NFL team who should always be thinking big picture. If you really have to, put some kind of team success clause in there, like making the NFCCG, which I'm sure they'd be happy to pay.
[Reply]
wazu 12:07 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
3) Conference-specific trading is utterly stupid. If a team like the Panthers or Commies offered big for him (more than an AFC team), trade him there in a second. Worrying about one guy on one team is so ridiculously narrow-minded for an NFL team who should always be thinking big picture. If you really have to, put some kind of team success clause in there, like making the NFCCG, which I'm sure they'd be happy to pay.
Definitely this. Once the Packers trade Aaron Rodgers they are going in the tank for awhile. Stop kidding yourselves, he isn't going to block you from your Super Bowl dreams. Milk every ounce you can out of a trade if you are able.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:11 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
Also they should look at what happened when they tried that same strategy with Favre... traded him to an AFC team only to see him end up back in the NFC North... with their rivals, the Vikings a year later.

They should try to get the best possible trade, even if it is with an NFC team.
[Reply]
straycash 12:14 PM 01-24-2023
on his behalf I wish he gets another ring, go team Rodgers.
[Reply]
Hoover 12:20 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Jets going with the Paton plan.

NBC Sports' Peter King reports Jets owner Woody Johnson would "happily" acquire Aaron Rodgers in a trade.
ESPN's Adam Schefter recently reported that a Rodgers trade is a "very real possibility" this offseason after the Packers failed to make the postseason. King said moving Rodgers would hardly be a heavy lift for a team like the Jets since Rodgers' "cap numbers in the next two seasons would be $48.3 million, combined. That’s certainly manageable. As for the compensation due Green Bay, my guess is the Pack would want at least two first-round picks." The Jets last week interviewed former Broncos head coach Nathaniel Hackett for the team's offensive coordinator job, perhaps to attract Rodgers' interest. Rodgers worked with Hackett in Green Bay before Hackett landed the Denver job. With a talent-packed roster and no viable starting quarterback options on the roster, the Jets would seem to be a solid fit for Rodgers. Jordan Love would presumably take over for the Packers if Rodgers is dealt this offseason.
That makes the most sense, would be bad news for Superstar QB Josh Allen.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:24 PM 01-24-2023
MIA or IND maybe?

He’s probably not going anywhere that doesn’t have at least one real WR, so I’d think TEN/NE are out.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:30 PM 01-24-2023
The broncos should trade for him and give him a big contract. It would be fun to see how a team competes with only two players on the roster, both of which are quarterbacks.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:33 PM 01-24-2023
Would it count against Denver's salary cap if they made Aaron Rodgers a HC/Player?

Quesadilla Slow wants to know.
[Reply]
493rd 01:05 PM 01-24-2023
Rodgers reuniting with Adam’s makes the most sense. Imagine that - Mahomes, Herbert, and Rodgers in the same division and Mahomes owns them!
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:11 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The Packers wouldn't want Lamar anyways. They need to find out if Jordan Love has ANYTHING of value at this point.
They've had years to figure it out and extended Throw Rogan. That should tell you enough.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 01:11 PM 01-24-2023
i could see Arod having a 1995 Montana esque season for the Jets.

im that theyll max out at the afc champ game like that team did while being stuck in no mans land after giving up probably 2 firsts for him.

if they go out and do this itll just confirm that theyre the same old jets.

i think the 9ers are probably the only team he’d have a chance at a ring with next year and that wont happen. MAYBE miami. thats the one spot that might be best for him.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 01:12 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
They've had years to figure it out and extended Throw Rogan. That should tell you enough.
throw rogan :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
notorious 01:13 PM 01-24-2023
"Does Aaron snort coke?" /Jim Irsay
[Reply]
notorious 01:14 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Would it count against Denver's salary cap if they made Aaron Rodgers a HC/Player?

Quesadilla Slow wants to know.
Honorary Janitor to be paid 10 million a year for the next 20 years.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 01:15 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
"Does Aaron snort coke?" /Jim Irsay
coke is for peasants who havent experienced the spiritual journey of ayuasca
[Reply]
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up