ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Media Center>Movies or TV Shows you've NEVER watched but everyone else has
scho63 02:37 PM 01-06-2023
A short time ago someone was asking about watching shows and when I told them, "no I've never watched that", they were apoplectic as if I had just killed their kid. It stunned them.

The movie was "It's a Wonderful Life." I have nothing against it and I watch plenty of black and white movies but I have never had a desire.

It made me think of others and what blockbusters people have assumed you watched. ( I can say 99% of the people who never saw the Godfather are women)

It's probably grown a lot since of all the streaming shows now for people who don't have certain subscriptions.

Some others that quickly come to mind:
1. Game of Thrones
2. The Walking Dead
3. All the Harry Potter franchise
4. Citizen Kane except small parts-didn't interest me
5. Gone with the Wind
6. Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul (However I plan to eventually binge both)
7. Vampire related movies after "The Lost Boys"
8. Schindler's List
9. Saving Private Ryan
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:18 PM 01-13-2023
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
I've never seen Die Hard....
Yeah, i don't even believe this.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:59 PM 01-13-2023
I think those that haven’t seen The Shawshank Redemption is one of the most surprising because it’s been on TV somewhere for seemingly once a day for the last twenty years.
[Reply]
lewdog 10:01 AM 01-14-2023
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
I've never seen Die Hard....
Add me to this along with Top Gun.

I'm just not a movie guy. And life just seems to be getting busier and blocking out that much time to watch a movie isn't happening.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:15 AM 01-14-2023
Originally Posted by underEJ:
Seinfeld.

I've obviously seen clips, and references in other stuff, but never a whole episode. Partly due to its prime being during a low tv time in my life (busy with college, getting a life, only owned a semi functional tv that I found on the railroad tracks,) but also it just didn't seem funny to me in ads or clips.
I've seen a few episodes, but was never really a fan. Mainly because everybody on the show is an unlikeable dick.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:53 PM 01-14-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, i don't even believe this.
I actually haven’t seen Die Hard.

I’ve seen Die Hard with a Vengeance and love that one. I saw Live Free or Die Hard once when it first came out and enjoyed it enough.

Never the original though.
[Reply]
Bump 09:02 PM 01-14-2023
haven't seen any of the netflix shows that everyone talks about and haven't seen the star wars show that everyone talks about.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:52 PM 01-14-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I actually haven’t seen Die Hard.

I’ve seen Die Hard with a Vengeance and love that one. I saw Live Free or Die Hard once when it first came out and enjoyed it enough.

Never the original though.
Same here on the original movie. I'm not into that genre, so I watch very few action movies.

When I retire, I need to catch up on several decades of movies and TV shows.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:07 PM 01-14-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Same here on the original movie. I'm not into that genre, so I watch very few action movies.

When I retire, I need to catch up on several decades of movies and TV shows.
That's surprising considering your age. Hell, I saw the original Die Hard four times in the theater. It was that good.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:26 PM 01-14-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
That's surprising considering your age. Hell, I saw the original Die Hard four times in the theater. It was that good.
I've just never really been into shoot 'em up movies or movies with fights or chase scenes. The funny thing is that my wife likes that type of movie, so she watches them without me.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:44 PM 01-14-2023
Schindler’s List.
[Reply]
srvy 12:43 AM 01-15-2023
I am a huge huge Clint Eastwood fan but I have never seen The Bridges of Madison County. It is the only movie of his I know of I have never watched. I just don't want my image ruined.
[Reply]
srvy 12:45 AM 01-15-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've just never really been into shoot 'em up movies or movies with fights or chase scenes. The funny thing is that my wife likes that type of movie, so she watches them without me.
Curious what genre of movies do you like?
[Reply]
scho63 01:13 PM 01-16-2023
I would never tell people what they should watch but Shawshank Redemption is one of the greatest movies ever made.

It takes you through a gauntlet of emotions and superb acting.

It is one of my Top Ten of all time.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:43 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
Curious what genre of movies do you like?
95 percent of what I watch is comedy or quirky. Occasionally some other movie will catch my fancy, like a sci fi or something. I think my rule is that I don't want to see dysfunction or conflict unless I can laugh at it.

I'll watch other stuff if my wife wants me to go to a movie with her, but we haven't been in a theater in probably 3+ years, so that exposure has kind of dwindled.

I think the other general preference is that I like internal voyages. I want the movie to be about a character figuring something out about life rather than a character reacting to some external situation. But the line can often be fuzzy there, so it's not a hard and fast rule.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:44 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
I am a huge huge Clint Eastwood fan but I have never seen The Bridges of Madison County. It is the only movie of his I know of I have never watched. I just don't want my image ruined.
It's actually a pretty good movie, despite Clint not killing anybody (as far as I recall). It's a little bit like Titanic, but in Iowa and without a bunch of people dying.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up