ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones Recently Liked Tweets
comochiefsfan 12:18 PM 12-05-2022

Chris Jones’ most recently liked tweets. Fuel to the fire #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/kbBnM0cA29

— chiefszone15 (@chiefszone15) December 5, 2022

Honestly, fuck off with this shit.

This is the third game in a row he's completely vanished against these guys. Spare me the motivation shit and start playing better.

Between this and Justin Reid running his mouth like a dipshit before the game, just shut the fuck up and focus on the game.

This defense got depantsed again by this team yesterday. Until they actually nut up and stop them, They deserve every bit of criticism coming their way and I don't want to see shit like this.

The AFC Championship game should've provided all the motivation they needed. Doing shit like this now is just a hollow gesture.

Sorry. Play better.
[Reply]
Bump 12:15 AM 12-07-2022
the only guy with double digit sacks and it's not even close. Let's blame him because 1 team beat us and they played him well!

He's been our best defensive player for a long time and the only defensive tackle we ever paid that didn't turn into a piece of fucking shit afterwards.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:23 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
lol.

Oh, come on now, there's no comparison between CJ and Sally. Sally was great at his role, but he was never going to be a pass rusher. not on the level of CJ, or even two steps below.

Sally was solid. And he was a heck of a run stuffer. And he was a smart DL. He never fucked the team over with stupid plays. In fact, he usually prevented stupid plays.

Man, I wish a lot of times we had prime Saleamua on this DL. That'd be epic.
They are different players. Chris Jones is physically more gifted than Dan.

But will Chris Jones ever be as good at defending the run as Dan? Why is stuffing the run, and giving the team extra possessions less valuable than 10 sacks a year? Dan had 18 career fumble recoveries, and 3 career interceptions.

No, I don't think Dan is better than Chris Jones. But, Dan is way, way under-rated.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:45 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
They are different players. Chris Jones is physically more gifted than Dan.

But will Chris Jones ever be as good at defending the run as Dan? Why is stuffing the run, and giving the team extra possessions less valuable than 10 sacks a year? Dan had 18 career fumble recoveries, and 3 career interceptions.

No, I don't think Dan is better than Chris Jones. But, Dan is way, way under-rated.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
Okay, yeah, all scotch aside, I agree. I haven't been a fan of "sacks are everything!" for a long time. I want my DTs to be good at stopping the run as well as being able to get after the passer.

Which is why i used to criticize CJ early in his career, because it's always been obvious that while he always had the ability to be a great run-stopper, he just never gave a shit about it. But he got a pass, because most of Chiefs nation didn't give a rat's ass about run-stuffing either. They wanted the flashy sack totals.

Today's Chiefs fan would hate Dan Saleamua. Basically, the exact reverse of what the average fan wants these days. Not flashy or exciting, just a hard-nosed and hard-working run-stuffing nose tackle. But the reason that the other DT and the DE next to him could freelance their shit.

Raising a small toast to Big Dan.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:27 AM 12-07-2022
Wild how Chris Jones has arguably been a DPOTY candidate and when he doesn’t dominate a rival, the haters are out in droves knocking him like he’s replaceable.

Did you people watch the damn game? Their OLs whole game plan was to make sure Chris didn’t beat them. He was doubled and tripled every damn play.

They got close a few times, but couldn’t finish the job.

Jones impact was felt by everyone else being single blocked most of the game.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:21 AM 12-07-2022
Some of you need to lighten up. God forbid someone criticizes Chris Jones, the SB hero and a top 10 Chief of all-time.

No one is above criticism. Not Mahomes, Jones, Reid etc...

That's great he's done good for Chiefs in the past but he is being paid to perform in big games and he didn't do shit last game. For all the shit he likes to talk that was a little disappointing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:12 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Some of you need to lighten up. God forbid someone criticizes Chris Jones, the SB hero and a top 10 Chief of all-time.

That's great he's done good for Chiefs in the past but he is being paid to perform in big games and he didn't do shit last game. For all the shit he likes to talk that was a little disappointing.
Jones was double and triple teamed all game. The other guys have to win 1 on 1 and they didn't.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:15 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Jones was double and triple teamed all game. The other guys have to win 1 on 1 and they didn't.
On some yes. But he did get taken out of a play by a small TE which is inexcusable.

The entire defense up front played like shit except for Dunlap on one play. Nick Bolton and Willie Gay were terrible
[Reply]
-King- 09:19 AM 12-07-2022
Bengals Film Breakdown: How O-Line Protected Joe Burrow, Slowed Down Chiefs Star Chris Jones

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbe...ar-chris-jones
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:33 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Wild how Chris Jones has arguably been a DPOTY candidate and when he doesn’t dominate a rival, the haters are out in droves knocking him like he’s replaceable.

Did you people watch the damn game? Their OLs whole game plan was to make sure Chris didn’t beat them. He was doubled and tripled every damn play.

They got close a few times, but couldn’t finish the job.

Jones impact was felt by everyone else being single blocked most of the game.
Doesn't dominate, and flat doesn't show up are two different things.

The Chiefs defensive unit defended 64 plays. Not ONE flash from Jones.

His only notable appearance was getting blocked into Broncos week by a backup te.

Showing out against teams with losing records might mean something to the Jones nuthuggers, but it doesn't count for anything when once again in a huge game, you are absolutely ERASED.

So all this hilarious dpoy candidate stuff can cease. Dpoy doesn't get erased from big games, which has been to this point, the hallmark of Chris Jones' career.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:56 AM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:

Then the game plan is out for the rest of the season. Want to score on KC defense just double and triple team Chris Jones. Might as well stick a fork in the defense with that mindset come playoff time.

At some point you have to realize, you have drafted many players, spent money and changed position coaches on that side of the ball. Maybe the man carrying the scheme isn't getting the job done as well.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 11:52 AM 12-07-2022
Jones had some one on one opportunities against a rookie guard. Nothing to show for it.

Jones was doubled a lot. I was just informed by cp today, that it's impossible for an alleged stud monster dpoy candidate to beat a double team. Ever. So I guess we just have to give the alleged best dt in football a break, given that double teams are impossible to make a play on, even just one time.

He's going to be 27 million dollars next year. Are sacks in run of the mill football games, and disappearing acts in big games worth that number?

Seems like we could pay anyone less than that to get erased in a big game, and put that money elsewhere.

I mean fuck man. We moved off Tyreek Hill to not pay a ridiculous amount for one player, and he's doing things like taking it 70 to the house in the divisional against the Bills. He's scoring touchdowns in big games.

We moved off of jumping off the screen big game production because it cost too much, but we're about to pay Playoff Invisible 27 million.

Make it make sense.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:13 PM 02-07-2023
FULL CIRCLE.

Reggie White II.

“Don’t you ever, ever, ever, and I’m going to look right into the camera when I say this, disrespect Arrowhead.” - Chris Jones@StoneColdJones went off!!!!! pic.twitter.com/d0yXTATBsj

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) January 30, 2023

[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:16 PM 02-07-2023
Man there are some BAD whiffs in this thread even by Chiefsplanet standards.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:19 PM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Man there are some BAD whiffs in this thread even by Chiefsplanet standards.
Some posters are like a pittbull when they latch onto an idea they don't let go. Trading Jones/firing Spags because of this season was one of the more odd ones for sure
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:31 PM 02-07-2023
I’d trade OP for Marlboro Chief in a heartbeat
[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up