ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones Recently Liked Tweets
comochiefsfan 12:18 PM 12-05-2022

Chris Jones’ most recently liked tweets. Fuel to the fire #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/kbBnM0cA29

— chiefszone15 (@chiefszone15) December 5, 2022

Honestly, fuck off with this shit.

This is the third game in a row he's completely vanished against these guys. Spare me the motivation shit and start playing better.

Between this and Justin Reid running his mouth like a dipshit before the game, just shut the fuck up and focus on the game.

This defense got depantsed again by this team yesterday. Until they actually nut up and stop them, They deserve every bit of criticism coming their way and I don't want to see shit like this.

The AFC Championship game should've provided all the motivation they needed. Doing shit like this now is just a hollow gesture.

Sorry. Play better.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:17 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Do you think we reach as many crucial games without dominating games which only after the fact seem less crucial because we won because of plays made my CJ?
I like Chris Jones. He's been our only player that has brought consistent pressure this year.

We would not have won the SB without him. He was the reason Jimmy G panicked and threw that int and had huge plays in the 4th quarter batting down passes.

But there's not anything wrong with calling out a guy who's making more than anyone else on defense when he didn't do much during one of the most important games of the year.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:21 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I like Chris Jones. He's been our only player that has brought consistent pressure this year.

We would not have won the SB without him. He was the reason Jimmy G panicked and threw that int and had huge plays in the 4th quarter batting down passes.

But there's not anything wrong with calling out a guy who's making more than anyone else on defense when he didn't do much during one of the most important games of the year.
You're determing the important games of the year after the fact.

This dude has *4* sacks against our division rivals LAC this season.

He had 2 sacks against SF. He had 1 sack against Buffalo.

He didn't perform in a single game and somehow he needs to be called out like he's a failure?

You guys are ridiculous.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:23 PM 12-06-2022
You're determing the important games of the year after the fact.

This dude has *4* sacks against our division rivals LAC this season.

He had 2 sacks against SF. He had 1 sack against Buffalo.

He didn't perform in a single game and somehow he needs to be called out like he's a failure?

You guys are ridiculous.
I just said he's been great this year and haven't made one complaining post, but if fans want to call him out after a bad game then there's nothing wrong with that.

The guy's cap hit is 30 million dollars this year.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:29 PM 12-06-2022
I just said he's been great this year and haven't made one complaining post, but if fans want to call him out after a bad game then there's nothing wrong with that.

The guy's cap hit is 30 million dollars this year.
First, who cares what his cap hit is this year? That's not the way it works. His cap hit was 8.5mm last year. Does that mean he was expected to produce less? He signed a contract and it's the overall guaranteed money that matters. And guess what - he's not a guy who signed a 30mm/yr deal as a DT.

Second, calling a guy out after a bad game when it's clearly the anomaly in an otherwise All-Pro season is idiotic. If he doesn't perform like he did earlier in the season, we probably don't even have the divison lead and this game means far less.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:32 PM 12-06-2022
You guys complaining about Jones Sunday weren't watching him. He was doubled damned near every play. The problem is, nobody else could win their one on ones.

And before anybody brings up the getting blocked by a TE play-that was a really slick play design where a TE hit him from the side with the play flowing away from him, and they executed it well. It's not like some TE just manned up and blocked him...you know, like they do Frank Clark.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:39 PM 12-06-2022
First, who cares what his cap hit is this year? That's not the way it works. His cap hit was 8.5mm last year. Does that mean he was expected to produce less? He signed a contract and it's the overall guaranteed money that matters. And guess what - he's not a guy who signed a 30mm/yr deal as a DT.

Second, calling a guy out after a bad game when it's clearly the anomaly in an otherwise All-Pro season is idiotic. If he doesn't perform like he did earlier in the season, we probably don't even have the divison lead and this game means far less.
Assuming he stays next year he will be the highest paid defensive player we have AAV (I believe).

I'm not doubting his performances or value to the team. Christ.

I'm just saying it's fine for some criticism if people want to criticize.
[Reply]
Oh Snap 08:48 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
We have lost 3 really close games this season and won 9. Reading this forum you would think we had lost 9 games and won 3.

Holy shit people.
Our 3 losses are by a combined 10 total points. And we led late in all those games with several chances to win
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:52 PM 12-06-2022
Assuming he stays next year he will be the highest paid defensive player we have AAV (I believe).

I'm not doubting his performances or value to the team. Christ.

I'm just saying it's fine for some criticism if people want to criticize.
I get that people are looking for people to criticize after a single loss.

But CJ? Seriously?

Blame Veach 1,000 times before you put anything CJ's way.

That dude has earned his keep.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:58 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Oh Snap:
Our 3 losses are by a combined 10 total points. And we led late in all those games with several chances to win
This is what’s funny. This team could very easily be undefeated right now if a couple things go differently. We lose a couple close games to two of the better teams in the AFC by 3 and 4 points and people are freaking out!?!

The script could easily be flipped come playoff time. A couple breaks in the Chiefs favor, getting a key turnover instead of giving one up. Is it really that hard for many of you to imagine this team knocking off the Bangles or Bills (or both) in the playoffs?

Jeez, guys. Sack up. We got as good a shot as anyone. Just ask Vegas.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 09:02 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

Jeez, guys. Sack up. We got as good a shot as anyone. Just ask Vegas.
Bills are now narrow favorites over the chiefs. Bengals 6th.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:14 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Without looking it up, I'm 99% certain he's the best DT to ever play for the Chiefs. Not sure it's that close, tbh.
I really think Dan Saleaumua is very underrated. His job wasn't to sack the QB though, as he played with DT and Neil Smith.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:25 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I really think Dan Saleaumua is very underrated. His job wasn't to sack the QB though, as he played with DT and Neil Smith.

Oh now fuck you, we're going to bring up Dan the man Saleamua? Are you freaking kidding me?

There is no bigger fan of the Big Sal than me right here. Loved that dude, and that's well before that SOB bought me a drink. He's one of my all-time fav Chiefs, and not just because he was solid as a giant Hawaiian rock, or just because he played for my beloved KC Chiefs. He was a good dude, and he played out of his mind every single game, and you saw that in every gd thing he did or said.

CJ is a better football player, but Big Dan will never be forgotten.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:30 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Oh now fuck you, we're going to bring up Dan the man Saleamua? Are you freaking kidding me?

There is no bigger fan of the Big Sal than me right here. Loved that dude, and that's well before that SOB bought me a drink. He's one of my all-time fav Chiefs, and not just because he was solid as a giant Hawaiian rock, or just because he played for my beloved KC Chiefs. He was a good dude, and he played out of his mind every single game, and you saw that in every gd thing he did or said.

CJ is a better football player, but Big Dan will never be forgotten.
Dude, Dan is the best. It's impossible to hang with that guy and not have fun.

But, like I said his role was different, but just look at his career fumble recoveries and tell me he isn't as good as Jones. Jones has had some sacks, but look how many extra possessions Dam accounted for.

[Reply]
Megatron96 11:36 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Dude, Dan is the best. It's impossible to hang with that guy and not have fun.

But, like I said his role was different, but just look at his career fumble recoveries and tell me he isn't as good as Jones. Jones has had some sacks, but look how many extra possessions Dam accounted for.

lol.

Oh, come on now, there's no comparison between CJ and Sally. Sally was great at his role, but he was never going to be a pass rusher. not on the level of CJ, or even two steps below.

Sally was solid. And he was a heck of a run stuffer. And he was a smart DL. He never fucked the team over with stupid plays. In fact, he usually prevented stupid plays.

Man, I wish a lot of times we had prime Saleamua on this DL. That'd be epic.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:42 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Oh Snap:
That says it all really.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up