ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones Recently Liked Tweets
comochiefsfan 12:18 PM 12-05-2022

Chris Jones’ most recently liked tweets. Fuel to the fire #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/kbBnM0cA29

— chiefszone15 (@chiefszone15) December 5, 2022

Honestly, fuck off with this shit.

This is the third game in a row he's completely vanished against these guys. Spare me the motivation shit and start playing better.

Between this and Justin Reid running his mouth like a dipshit before the game, just shut the fuck up and focus on the game.

This defense got depantsed again by this team yesterday. Until they actually nut up and stop them, They deserve every bit of criticism coming their way and I don't want to see shit like this.

The AFC Championship game should've provided all the motivation they needed. Doing shit like this now is just a hollow gesture.

Sorry. Play better.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:06 PM 12-06-2022
The DL hasn't been the same since Britt Reid stopped coaching.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:09 PM 12-06-2022
I don’t think the answer is trading Chris Jones… instead it is surrounding him with better edge rushers… specifically upgrading from Frank Clark.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 12:14 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
It has nothing to do with trying to show up players on his unit, or because he thinks CJ is a better DE than anyone else on the roster.
Sure it does. He moves Jones to DE because he has a greater chance of getting to the QB than the other guys. You think undersized Clark and Karlaftis are going to have much success on the interior? He's trying to create pressure in those circumstances by moving the teams best lineman to the DE spot.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:15 PM 12-06-2022
Really don't think the fans are wrong for calling out a big contract player disappearing in a crucial game.
[Reply]
loochy 12:16 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
I don’t think the answer is trading Chris Jones… instead it is surrounding him with better edge rushers… specifically upgrading from Frank Clark.

You mean a DE getting stuffed on the edge and spinning in a circle doesn't help the DT next to him?
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:38 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Sure it does. He moves Jones to DE because he has a greater chance of getting to the QB than the other guys. You think undersized Clark and Karlaftis are going to have much success on the interior? He's trying to create pressure in those circumstances by moving the teams best lineman to the DE spot.
This is a reactionary take.

Go back and look at who else is on the line for those snaps, and where. Then look at how those players attack their assignments. CJ was drawing doubles inside. Spags is about creating mismatches, but he's also about trying to disrupt your gameplan. obviously, every team is going to try and neutralize CJ, especially with the season he's been having. At the very least, putting him outside makes doubling him that much harder.

And it could disrupt whatever plan the IOL has as well. And it's worked multiple times this season already. it just didn't work so well on Sunday.

Bottom line, Spags isn't known for trying to show up his own players. Not his thing. Creating mismatches and trying to create circumstances for mental mistakes on the OL is.
[Reply]
Brody Wa 04:58 PM 12-06-2022
Chris Jones is in the top 10 players list to ever play for the Chiefs. I don’t know where he is on the list however.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:18 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Brody Wa:
Chris Jones is in the top 10 players list to ever play for the Chiefs. I don’t know where he is on the list however.
Without looking it up, I'm 99% certain he's the best DT to ever play for the Chiefs. Not sure it's that close, tbh.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:05 PM 12-06-2022
Without looking it up, I'm 99% certain he's the best DT to ever play for the Chiefs. Not sure it's that close, tbh.
HOFer Curley Culp is at least in the conversation with his career, though he played the second half of it with the Oilers.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:07 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Really don't think the fans are wrong for calling out a big contract player disappearing in a crucial game.
This isn't a one time thing either. Doesn't he have like 0 sacks in the postseason?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:12 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
HOFer Curley Culp is at least in the conversation with his career, though he played the second half of it with the Oilers.
Buchanan?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:13 PM 12-06-2022
Ryan Simms? Junior Siavii?
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:15 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
The DL hasn't been the same since Britt Reid stopped coaching.

that's uh, one way to describe the situation
[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:44 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Buchanan?
Even better! I was thinking about him as an end because of his lean 6 foot 7 frame but you're right he played inside. Man what an interior line with two HOFers!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:10 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Do you think we reach as many crucial games without dominating games which only after the fact seem less crucial because we won because of plays made my CJ?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Up