ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>Food in Movies.
Pepe Silvia 06:05 PM 10-13-2022
I’ve been thinking about starting this thread for awhile now. I have always enjoyed seeing all the different foods in my favorite films. Show me all your fav movie scenes that included your fav meals, it can be from a classic movie or a terrible movie. I don’t care let’s just discuss Food in Movies.

I will kick things off from the prison scene in Goodfellas.

[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:59 PM 10-14-2022
The Ninja Turtles movies have some great pizza scenes. This first one in particular is great. 90s nostalgia is on 10.

1:20 in on this one for probably the cheesiest fictional pizza of all time:

[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:08 PM 10-14-2022

[Reply]
Fish 09:36 PM 10-14-2022
Jeffrey Dahmer documentary.
[Reply]
cdcox 10:11 PM 10-14-2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:22 PM 10-14-2022
ive always wanted to know what was in this box

however, this scene is marvelous, and after reading shatner's book about the movies, it's even better...it was squid dyed blue and no one was eating it, so nick meyer started paying them $20 in cash to eat during each take, so the footage was better, and most still wouldnt touch it, but shatner fucking cleaned meyer out
:-)

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:51 PM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
The Ninja Turtles movies have some great pizza scenes. This first one in particular is great. 90s nostalgia is on 10.

Excellent addition. The pizza in Ninja Turtles 2 always made me hungry.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:00 PM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
ive always wanted to know what was in this box

however, this scene is marvelous, and after reading shatner's book about the movies, it's even better...it was squid dyed blue and no one was eating it, so nick meyer started paying them $20 in cash to eat during each take, so the footage was better, and most still wouldnt touch it, but shatner fucking cleaned meyer out
:-)

The top pic looks like a Star Wars Chex Mix, they could have made a killing off that stuff in the stores don’t you think?

They have this stuff called squid ink that they cook with on the food network, I wonder if that’s the same stuff? This is great I love back stories like this.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:02 PM 10-14-2022
The lunch scene in The Breakfast Club is classic.

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:00 PM 10-15-2022
Saturday Night Fever 1977 had 3 classic food scenes.

Pizza

Family Dinner

White Castle

[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:58 PM 10-15-2022
Ya noh, . . . ah work onma heah a long time, . . . and ya hiddit.

I'm a little young to speak from experience, but is SNF the first movie that made a point of detailing the lives of teens obsessed with making the scene and making an impression as an ethos.

The whole thing that endures to this day about fly duds and new kicks and putting moves on the ladies and making other men jealous?

Seems like the first to really delve into an ethos that has been with us ever sense.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 01:00 PM 10-15-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Ah woked realeh hahd on mah hay-uh!!!
My brother in law used to say that line all the time.:-)
[Reply]
PHOG 01:36 PM 10-15-2022
Texas Chainsaw Massacre II

[IMG][/IMG]
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 01:51 PM 10-15-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Ya noh, . . . ah work onma heah a long time, . . . and ya hiddit.

I'm a little young to speak from experience, but is SNF the first movie that made a point of detailing the lives of teens obsessed with making the scene and making an impression as an ethos.

The whole thing that endures to this day about fly duds and new kicks and putting moves on the ladies and making other men jealous?

Seems like the first to really delve into an ethos that has been with us ever sense.
It was a little before my time too but in my experience a lot of 90s kids like me used to watch all the classics from the 70s and 80s. I really think you’re onto something there, that could explain the resurgence of 70s nostalgia in the 90s with films like Boogie Nights and The Brady Bunch etc. It began a fad that inspired the generations to follow. Heck I remember my buddy listening to the SNF soundtrack the entire summer. The movie definitely made a huge impact on teens. Every generation of youth can relate to wanting to be hip and cool.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:25 PM 10-15-2022
Great thread....

https://youtu.be/VyZ-Gj658i8
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:26 PM 10-15-2022
Another Pizza scene that I loved as a kid from Stallone’s 1986 film Cobra.

[Reply]
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up