The new trailer for #Andor is here!

Coming September 21. pic.twitter.com/oGdhOt06EA

— Star Wars Stuff (@starwarstufff) August 1, 2022

[Reply]
Graystoke 07:20 AM 11-10-2022
Incredible
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:54 AM 11-10-2022
Finally, a mature grounded Star Wars piece of media. I'm all caught up and it's fantastic.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
staylor26 10:19 AM 11-10-2022
Amazing episode.

Serkis was such a pleasant surprise in this series.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:22 PM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Man - this is REALLY good.

And man, Stellan Skarsgard is so fucking great. He brings such intensity and weight to any role.

Though Diego Luna will always be Button from Open Range to me.
He's just so goddamn good at this...

If that wasn't the best speech in Star Wars cannon....fuck it, it WAS. That guy is remarkable.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:22 PM 11-10-2022
Man - this is REALLY good.

And man, Stellan Skarsgard is so fucking great. He brings such intensity and weight to any role.

Though Diego Luna will always be Button from Open Range to me.
He's just so goddamn good at this...

If that wasn't the best speech in Star Wars cannon....fuck it, it WAS. That guy is remarkable.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:29 PM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
I didn't really know him before this series. But, holy shit if he isn't an incredible actor. Especially the way he's essentially playing 2 different parts with his secret identity.
Really?

I mean he was hilariously underused in a Wolfgang Puck boiling hot dogs sort of way in the Marvel movies.

But in Midnight in Chernobyl, he was a force. He was really good in one of those Dan Brown movies (I think the second one; it had Ewan McGregor as well, IIRC) - Commander of the Swiss Guard and very typical 'weighty' performance from him.

And you'd probably never pick it up because he was much younger, but he was Tupolev in Hunt for Red October. "We're going to kill a friend, Yvgeni; We're going to kill Ramius..."

I don't know how dynamic an actor he is - but in roles that require real gravitas, he is a slam dunk pick.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:32 PM 11-10-2022
Oh, and a reminder fellas - none of this matters.

Diego Luna lives. He helps get the plans. Then he dies. Then the rebels blow up the death star. Then the empire is replaced by another Empire just like 'em but with an Emo Darth while all your heroes live hollow, tragic existences (before they ALSO die in wholly unfulfilling ways) and then some random Mary Sue shows up and saves the day.

Fuuuuuuuck Yooooooouuuuuu Disney. And Rian Johnson/Kathleen Kennedy in particular.

Ugh.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:47 PM 11-10-2022
:-)

Why'd you have to remind us?

They should just pretend the newest trilogy doesn't exist. Stick with what's working and go from there. Build on their successes and reboot the future within the universe.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:01 PM 11-10-2022
Really?

I mean he was hilariously underused in a Wolfgang Puck boiling hot dogs sort of way in the Marvel movies.

But in Midnight in Chernobyl, he was a force. He was really good in one of those Dan Brown movies (I think the second one; it had Ewan McGregor as well, IIRC) - Commander of the Swiss Guard and very typical 'weighty' performance from him.

And you'd probably never pick it up because he was much younger, but he was Tupolev in Hunt for Red October. "We're going to kill a friend, Yvgeni; We're going to kill Ramius..."

I don't know how dynamic an actor he is - but in roles that require real gravitas, he is a slam dunk pick.
Well hell. That right there just killed my appetite for Star Wars stuff for like the next ten years. Talk about a spoiler, yeesh:-)
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:49 PM 11-10-2022

Diego Luna lives. He helps get the plans. Then he dies. Then the rebels blow up the death star. Then the empire is replaced by another Empire just like 'em but with an Emo Darth while all your heroes live hollow, tragic existences (before they ALSO die in wholly unfulfilling ways) and then some random Mary Sue shows up and saves the day.

Fuuuuuuuck Yooooooouuuuuu Disney. And Rian Johnson/Kathleen Kennedy in particular.

Ugh.

This here. Nothing else matters, because they already killed Star Wars. Everything now is just taking money from the rubes.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:29 PM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
This here. Nothing else matters, because they already killed Star Wars. Everything now is just taking money from the rubes.
You couldn't have done a better job strangling the life out of a franchise on purpose. And it became apparent how little this bothers them when they half-assed Obi-Wan.

At this point you just have to watch it as stand-along entertainment (which Andor delivers) because the throughput is just completely irrelevant. The franchise is a burnt out husk; a boring old brown dwarf star that should've been a supernova.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:37 PM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

Why'd you have to remind us?

They should just pretend the newest trilogy doesn't exist. Stick with what's working and go from there. Build on their successes and reboot the future within the universe.
Give it about a decade and someone will have the balls to try it, imho.

And yeah, the Skywalker Saga ends with a wisp of a fart from Super Saiyan Mary Sue-Ku, but I will happily support efforts like this just from quality alone if nothing else. Adult Star Wars >>> Kidtastic Lightsaber/Mega Space Battle Star Wars (even if I do love both).
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:04 PM 11-10-2022
You couldn't have done a better job strangling the life out of a franchise on purpose. And it became apparent how little this bothers them when they half-assed Obi-Wan.

At this point you just have to watch it as stand-along entertainment (which Andor delivers) because the throughput is just completely irrelevant. The franchise is a burnt out husk; a boring old brown dwarf star that should've been a supernova.
They've bungled out a giant portion of the potential of the show. However, I try to enjoy the bits that work and disregard the ones that don't. I'm not really sure how I'm getting that done. Maybe it's because I've been able to keep out some of the cheese all the way back to the 70s.

Even as much as they didn't give a shit about Obi Wan, there were some compelling moments, because Ewan is really good. To throw the whole series away in your mind is to lose the good parts. And I think we're all invested enough to not lose the good parts.

Same with Andor, we know where it's going, but that's not to say we can't appreciate the minutia and good performances.
[Reply]
Fish 11:09 PM 11-10-2022
Really?

Wow. The Hunt for Red October one blows my mind. Thanks.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:38 PM 11-11-2022

Ugh.
Fuck that. The sequel trilogy does not exist in the real Star Wars universe. That is in some dystopian alternate universe KK shat out.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:01 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Fuck that. The sequel trilogy does not exist in the real Star Wars universe. That is in some dystopian alternate universe KK shat out.

[Reply]
Page 10 of 22
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up