ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 36
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs potentially building new stadium in Kansas
Sassy Squatch 09:45 AM 03-29-2022

Chiefs prez Mark Donovan, when asked this AM about potential new stadium options, said the team has considered options in state of Kansas. They like Arrowhead and legacy of Lamar Hunt’s stadium, but have been pitched by Kansas developers on a bunch of options. Something to watch.

— Kevin Clark (@bykevinclark) March 29, 2022

[Reply]
burt 01:51 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

As long as it’s always open unless very extreme storm like an ice storm where players could get injured.
Or "The Rain Game" of infamy.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:52 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by burt:
Or "The Rain Game" of infamy.
I love that game, had to be like a foot of water on the field. I remember Rison sliding like 30 yards...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:54 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
:-)

KC isn't getting a Super Bowl.
if they had voted for the retractable roof last time, the NFL was giving KC a SB. What do you think has changed?
[Reply]
burt 01:54 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
I love that game, had to be like a foot of water on the field. I remember Rison sliding like 30 yards...
A great spectacle. Not a good game, and I'd hate to have attended that....debacle.
[Reply]
RustShack 01:58 PM 03-29-2022
:-)

KC isn't getting a Super Bowl.
They were already slotted one on the condition the rolling roof was part of the renovations. Roof didn’t get the votes, the SB was awarded to someone else.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:13 PM 03-29-2022
There isn't enough hotel capacity in the metro.

As in way too many Super 8s / AmericInns and no luxury brand hotels to be found.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:14 PM 03-29-2022
“Another point in the Chiefs’ calculus: [Chiefs President] Donovan was ambivalent about Arrowhead area's potential for a stadium-adjacent, mixed-use real estate development such as the ones created by the Packers and the Patriots. Those projects are seen as a reliable way for sports franchises to diversify and expand their revenue associated with multi-billion dollar stadiums, and there may be spots in Kansas may work better for that.”
[Reply]
|Zach| 02:16 PM 03-29-2022
There isn't enough hotel capacity in the metro.

As in way too many Super 8s / AmericInns and no luxury brand hotels to be found.
That is easy to fix.
[Reply]
tk13 02:35 PM 03-29-2022
If they build a stadium with a roof I imagine it'd almost be a guarantee that a Super Bowl would follow.

The downside is they'll probably never make a stadium with the noise acoustics of Arrowhead ever again so it'll probably lose the reputation of being the loudest stadium in the NFL.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:37 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by tk13:
If they build a stadium with a roof I imagine it'd almost be a guarantee that a Super Bowl would follow.

The downside is they'll probably never make a stadium with the noise acoustics of Arrowhead ever again so it'll probably lose the reputation of being the loudest stadium in American sports.
Roof isn't the only thing. You must have the restaurants and hotels in the area of the stadium to be considered as well.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:39 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yeah, but then at halftime would he feel obligated to make sandwiches for people? I'd worry that being a host might distract him from his job.

I know he played a bad second half but this unreasonable questioning of his abilities has to stop.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:43 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
They just dumped hundreds of millions into renovation.

What the fuck?
The lease for Arrowhead expires in 2031, and stadiums take a long time to build. It's not surprising that they're at least starting to think about it.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:51 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
“Another point in the Chiefs’ calculus: [Chiefs President] Donovan was ambivalent about Arrowhead area's potential for a stadium-adjacent, mixed-use real estate development such as the ones created by the Packers and the Patriots. Those projects are seen as a reliable way for sports franchises to diversify and expand their revenue associated with multi-billion dollar stadiums, and there may be spots in Kansas may work better for that.”
Speedway and Legends works way better for that. New Chiefs Stadium, Speedway, Sporting, Amphitheater and American Royal all in the general area would make sense for a mixed development that can attract business year around.
[Reply]
Capt_Von_Trapp 02:52 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yea. That’s been a decades long issue.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:58 PM 03-29-2022
I will always be firmly in the "keep it at Arrowhead" camp, but I'll admit that it's a giant pain in the ass to visit for a game if you don't want to rent a car. All of the hotels near the stadium are overpriced roach motels, there's not a restaurant in sight other than fast food and a Denny's, and getting a cab out of there after a game takes at least an hour. I know that's not how the locals look at it, but there's no question it'd be nicer for some of us if it was a little more convenient.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 36
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up