ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 36
« First < 243031323334 3536 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs potentially building new stadium in Kansas
Sassy Squatch 09:45 AM 03-29-2022

Chiefs prez Mark Donovan, when asked this AM about potential new stadium options, said the team has considered options in state of Kansas. They like Arrowhead and legacy of Lamar Hunt’s stadium, but have been pitched by Kansas developers on a bunch of options. Something to watch.

— Kevin Clark (@bykevinclark) March 29, 2022

[Reply]
rfaulk34 11:09 AM 02-08-2023
Holey shit, the conversations i stumble onto in random threads in this place is amazing. A fucking treasure trove of entertainment.
[Reply]
-King- 11:16 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't think you'd have the amount of space there at the K to build what they likely want to build but staying in the same spot would make more sense to me.

What is in such bad shape?
I don't know. They just keep mentioning how old the stadiums are and Sherman was the one who said it would take billions to renovate and fix everything up.

I do like that proposed renovation Chicago came up for Soldier field, even though it seems like Bears are still going to go with a brand new stadium. If they can do something like that for Arrowhead, I would be totally down for it.

In an effort to keep the Bears downtown, the City of Chicago has released a video showcasing its proposed $2.2B renovation to Soldier Field.

Here's a look: pic.twitter.com/dVe50bpS6e

— Front Office Sports (@FOS) January 9, 2023

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:19 AM 02-08-2023
What is in such bad shape?
Restaurants, hotels, parking, and luxury suites. The Chiefs want more of all of those, as does any NFL team.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:22 AM 02-08-2023
That Chicago clip is funny. “Fans demand” amenities. Yeah, good one! I demand more expensive eateries and lounges, since I’m really not there to watch a football game. No, I am demanding so much more.

Fake and gay. It’s all about what OWNERS demand. And any other concept is an insult to our intelligence
[Reply]
O.city 11:31 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Restaurants, hotels, parking, and luxury suites. The Chiefs want more of all of those, as does any NFL team.
The luxury suites at Arrowhead now are super nice though. The club level is really well done, maybe they just want more space?

The issue with the hotels and suites is you're basically shoehorning yourself into a downtown spot if that's what you want.

I'd hate to see them give up what they've got but change is inevitable I guess.
[Reply]
O.city 11:32 AM 02-08-2023
They could always build a hotel and ballpark village type situation there where the K is once the Royals leave if they want, but for 10-12 games a year I can't imagine it would be financially feasible.
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:40 AM 02-08-2023
They could always build a hotel and ballpark village type situation there where the K is once the Royals leave if they want, but for 10-12 games a year I can't imagine it would be financially feasible.
I think that's what will end up happening. Jackson county will bend over backwards to keep them where they are. If they impose a new tourism or sales tax to raise money people will have to vote for it, that's where the issues may come in. They voted against the rolling roof several years ago but the team stunk then.
[Reply]
O.city 11:42 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I think that's what will end up happening. Jackson county will bend over backwards to keep them where they are. If they impose a new tourism or sales tax to raise money people will have to vote for it, that's where the issues may come in. They voted against the rolling roof several years ago but the team stunk then.
The issue, again, is just the location. I supposed you have the whole season where you can do big tailgates and have big watch parties for away games and such, but that's just a big chunk where there's nothing going on there.
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:49 AM 02-08-2023
The issue, again, is just the location. I supposed you have the whole season where you can do big tailgates and have big watch parties for away games and such, but that's just a big chunk where there's nothing going on there.
They have to invest in the surrounding area. There isn't anything but Arrowhead there after Kaufman moves. The thing about ballpark villiage is it has tourist stuff close to it. Development of the surrounding lands will be key.
[Reply]
redfan 11:51 AM 02-08-2023
The new stadium will tie-in nicely with the name change.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:54 AM 02-08-2023
The luxury suites at Arrowhead now are super nice though. The club level is really well done, maybe they just want more space?

The issue with the hotels and suites is you're basically shoehorning yourself into a downtown spot if that's what you want.

I'd hate to see them give up what they've got but change is inevitable I guess.
Yeah, it's super nice but you answered your own question. They want more of the premium seating. When they did the renovation they said they were adding more but not to the level they truly wanted.
[Reply]
Hoover 12:19 PM 02-08-2023
Correct, and Arrowhead doesn't have the club amenities that you find in places like Met Life, where I once watched Todd Haley's final game play out in the Green Room, which was sponsored by Tiffany's. I had outdoor lower level seats, but also had a booth in the club with TVs. It was the shit. Great experience. Lots of former players, celebrities, food, etc. Arrowhead has nothing like that.
[Reply]
vonBobo 12:19 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
They have to invest in the surrounding area. There isn't anything but Arrowhead there after Kaufman moves. The thing about ballpark villiage is it has tourist stuff close to it. Development of the surrounding lands will be key.
Meanwhile Jackson County is still under water from the Power and Light investments.

Amazing how all of these downtown investments are so great for the city yet we still have shit schools, shit roads, trash, homeless, and rampant crime.
[Reply]
threebag 12:26 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
A new stadium where Kauffman is right now would work after the royals move. Build it while they play in current arrowhead and just move everything next door when it's done.
Or, leave the shit and buy new for the new stadium…
[Reply]
threebag 12:28 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by redhed:
The new stadium will tie-in nicely with the name change.
Probably will happen, maybe we can be the KC STRIPS and finally hire some hot cheerleaders
[Reply]
Page 34 of 36
« First < 243031323334 3536 >
Up