ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 36
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs potentially building new stadium in Kansas
Sassy Squatch 09:45 AM 03-29-2022

Chiefs prez Mark Donovan, when asked this AM about potential new stadium options, said the team has considered options in state of Kansas. They like Arrowhead and legacy of Lamar Hunt’s stadium, but have been pitched by Kansas developers on a bunch of options. Something to watch.

— Kevin Clark (@bykevinclark) March 29, 2022

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:00 PM 03-29-2022
Another issue to consider is which state will offer sports betting. That will make the issue even easier.
[Reply]
jettio 03:06 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Can they just tear down Kemper, drop in the new Kauffman, and then expand the new Arrowhead at the current site?
Kemper has been renovated to put a floor between the upper and lower decks and it hosts a lot of youth sports.

There was an episode on Engineering Disasters or Engineering Catastrophes about the 1979 roof collapse, and it showed the current setup during the show.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:12 PM 03-29-2022
Why does Mark Donovan always seem like such a jackass anytime his name is brought up?
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:13 PM 03-29-2022
This makes me sick. Should be renamed to the Kansas Red Legs if that happens.
[Reply]
rtmike 03:17 PM 03-29-2022
Wow, just wow!
[Reply]
jettio 03:19 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Another issue to consider is which state will offer sports betting. That will make the issue even easier.
What are the odds that either Missouri or Kansas will not have sports betting?

Seems inevitable that both will legalize it this year or next.
[Reply]
Why Not? 03:23 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
The rest of the Nation won't even know it switched states lol

I bet, if asked across the Nation what state is the Kansas City Chiefs located 80% would say Kansas. Regardless of Kansas City Mo.
This is a fact
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:24 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I will always be firmly in the "keep it at Arrowhead" camp, but I'll admit that it's a giant pain in the ass to visit for a game if you don't want to rent a car. All of the hotels near the stadium are overpriced roach motels, there's not a restaurant in sight other than fast food and a Denny's, and getting a cab out of there after a game takes at least an hour. I know that's not how the locals look at it, but there's no question it'd be nicer for some of us if it was a little more convenient.
So I have never been to Mile High but drove by it a few times but it is almost 35-45 minutes from the airport to the stadium. Looking at Google Maps all the hotels are east and they are about 1.5 miles -2 miles away. There is alot of hotels that far away from Arrowhead to.

So quit whining :-)
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 03:45 PM 03-29-2022
Exaggerate much, SI? This is not exactly like the Dodgers leaving Brooklyn for LA or the Colts leaving Baltimore for Indy, JFC.

Link: https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/03/29/ch...-stadium-lease

Originally Posted by :
Local fans in Kansas City would be devastated if its football franchise, featuring one of the premiere teams in the NFL, crossed state lines. It remains to be seen what the future holds for Arrowhead Stadium.

[Reply]
Katipan 04:00 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
So I have never been to Mile High but drove by it a few times but it is almost 35-45 minutes from the airport to the stadium. Looking at Google Maps all the hotels are east and they are about 1.5 miles -2 miles away. There is alot of hotels that far away from Arrowhead to.

So quit whining :-)
One train from the airport and that 2 mile walk gets you everything downtown. From amusement parks to 11,000 hotel rooms, none of which have a motel or super in their name, and 200 restaurants.

The comparison is a little silly.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 04:01 PM 03-29-2022

Give it about 8 more years before moving the stadium to Kansas🤢, I’m a Missouri boy😂🔥

— Willie Gay Jr. (@WillieG___) March 29, 2022

[Reply]
Hark Clunt 04:04 PM 03-29-2022
it's not really moving to the kansas side of the border that would bother me. it's just the atmosphere at these new stadiums completely fucking suck.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:07 PM 03-29-2022
booo on all of it

and I do not live there

downtown stadiums suck. Parking sucks. Traffic sucks. Crowds suck. Homeless people and beggars suck. Getting out sucks.

I have always thought that the stadium area is the best setup in sports. In and out. Tailgating. Large parking (expensive)
[Reply]
Rausch 04:08 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Exaggerate much, SI? This is not exactly like the Dodgers leaving Brooklyn for LA or the Colts leaving Baltimore for Indy, JFC.

Link: https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/03/29/ch...-stadium-lease
I'll walk from the game before I support whatever Johnny-come-lately team ends up in St. Louis in 10 years...
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 04:17 PM 03-29-2022
We may move to Kansas(obscure the dome part).
[Reply]
Page 10 of 36
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up