ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 375 of 435
« First < 275325365371372373374375 376377378379385425 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
O.city 04:00 PM 09-12-2022
Enough questioning Chris Jones to prop up Frank Clark. What is happening.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:00 PM 09-12-2022

[Reply]
O.city 04:01 PM 09-12-2022
"Aside from a couple tipped passes......in the fourth quarter.......of the SB......that directly led to the Chiefs winning".
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:03 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Enough questioning Chris Jones to prop up Frank Clark. What is happening.
Frank Clark gets more credit for less work than any Chief in my memory. Hell, people have decided to ignore basic math in arguing in favor of his return.

The lengths people have gone to to support this clown defy explanation. And it started before he even took the field for KC. It's just nothing but doubling down at this point.
[Reply]
-King- 04:05 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'm not going to go that far lol

We don't really know how much Clark's shit talking juiced up the squad, which was necessary in shutting down Derrick Henry in the Championship Game.

Plus I really enjoyed him running his mouth.
Pennel was necessary in shutting down Henry that post season. Look at the the Titans games with him and without him that season.

And then Mahomes made it so that they had to stop running altogether. Henry only had 3 carries in the 2nd half IIRC.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:07 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
"Aside from a couple tipped passes......in the fourth quarter.......of the SB......that directly led to the Chiefs winning".
We probably don't get the ball back if he doesn't deflect that pass over the middle. I think it was to Kittle on 3rd down. Most important defensive play of the game, IMO. We've got Tanoh Kpassagno in coverage on George Kittle who has acres of space in front of him. That could've been a 20+ yard play to put them in Chiefs territory w/ 5 minutes left and a 20-17 lead.

That play was MASSIVE.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:20 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Frank Clark gets more credit for less work than any Chief in my memory. Hell, people have decided to ignore basic math in arguing in favor of his return.

The lengths people have gone to to support this clown defy explanation. And it started before he even took the field for KC. It's just nothing but doubling down at this point.
I never posted a single thing supporting Frank Clark after 2019 until he had his press conference during 2022 training camp. And I fully believe he underperformed in 2019 what Justin Houston - whom I feel was grossly underrated - would've provided on an apples to apples talent basis.

He's been a massive disappointment in aggregate adjusted for compensation and I wanted him gone after last season.

But I respect the guy for at least admitting to his faults and I'm attempting to be optimistic for this season because his redemption story is something I want to root for. I give him points for that.

But you'll label me - incessantly - as some "ballwasher" who has always supported Clark and that's nonsense. I've not gone to a single length to convince myself of anything.

If you want to be mad that Clark is overpaid, then blame Veach and the "ballwashers" who celebrate him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:23 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
If you want to be mad that Clark is overpaid, then blame Veach and the "ballwashers" who celebrate him.
I have. Repeatedly and from the beginning.

Lay down with dogs and you're gonna get fleas...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:25 PM 09-12-2022

:-) You said he was comparative to Ryan Grigson IIRC
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:25 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Pennel was necessary in shutting down Henry that post season. Look at the the Titans games with him and without him that season.

And then Mahomes made it so that they had to stop running altogether. Henry only had 3 carries in the 2nd half IIRC.
Correct, it was Pennel who spearheaded that shutdown of Henry
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:28 PM 09-12-2022

Oh, dynamite. Please provide what GMs you feel have an unimpeachable record that's involved more creativity and garnered more success than Veach has accomplished.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:29 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
And he said Frank Clark was a DPOY caliber player.

Guess we all have our crosses to bear.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:29 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
DJ did say Veach should have been fired the day we traded for Frank. Then we won a SB months later.

Maybe that’s why he doesn’t like him
[Reply]
kcclone 04:30 PM 09-12-2022
Frank has been a HUGE turd for our cap situation under Veach.

Every team has them over a period of time. He’s ours.

Hopefully it will be another 3-4 years before we get stuck another one.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:31 PM 09-12-2022
And he said Frank Clark was a DPOY caliber player.

Guess we all have our crosses to bear.
The entire point is every GM has failures and successes. If you choose to ignore one at the expense of the other when making an argument, you're not seeing things properly.

It's clear at this point that Veach's success is NOT remotely a product of Reid and Mahomes. He's put his independent stamp on this team more than once to turn the tide of the organization.
[Reply]
Page 375 of 435
« First < 275325365371372373374375 376377378379385425 > Last »
Up