Page 117 of 121
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Derek Carr fucking sucks
staylor26 02:10 PM 12-10-2017
That is all
[Reply]
Eureka 11:02 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think that’s a given seeing as how Josh McAsshole is their coach.

God I love it that we have a lot of draft picks and cap space while Denver and LV burn draft picks :-)
The Raiders currently have 9 draft picks and possibly about to add more via a Carr trade. I'm not sure I'd call that "burning draft picks".

I really hope Jimmy G doesn't go to the Raiders. Just not a good move for that franchise.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:08 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by Eureka:
The Raiders currently have 9 draft picks and possibly about to add more via a Carr trade. I'm not sure I'd call that "burning draft picks".

I really hope Jimmy G doesn't go to the Raiders. Just not a good move for that franchise.
He's referring to last year. Trading a 1st and a 2nd for a WR so they can waste the last couple years he has left.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:42 AM 02-08-2023
Why on earth would a team trade for Derek Carr when you can go get your franchise QB in the draft?

Sign a Bridgewater level vet that the kid can have a goal of beating him in fair competition to win the job and get your “ride or die” quarterback.
[Reply]
O.city 11:47 AM 02-08-2023
How do the Saints do this cap wise?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:48 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Why on earth would a team trade for Derek Carr when you can go get your franchise QB in the draft?

Sign a Bridgewater level vet that the kid can have a goal of beating him in fair competition to win the job and get your “ride or die” quarterback.
There's no guarantee the QB they draft is going to be any good at least with Carr you know what you are getting. They also can technically still draft a QB and have him sit for a year or two and learn.
[Reply]
O.city 12:13 PM 02-08-2023
The only way you are gonna get a QB that can compete with the upper echelon QB's in today's NFL is to draft one and develop him.

It's no guarantee. I guarantee you if you go the other route you won't play past the divisional round of the playoffs
[Reply]
Eureka 01:09 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
The only way you are gonna get a QB that can compete with the upper echelon QB's in today's NFL is to draft one and develop him.

It's no guarantee. I guarantee you if you go the other route you won't play past the divisional round of the playoffs
Well for the Saints they picked up Breeze in free agency and won a SB. Albeit only one and I guess they did get bounced early in the playoffs often. Even some great QB's don't get to the dance every year.
[Reply]
II. 01:12 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:

Obviously our situation wasn't the same, but when we brought in Alex Smith(who I know was better but still) it was similar to what a team may try to do with Carr. Have someone at least competent to get the ball rolling, and give a young guy a chance to grow without tanking the organization.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:12 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He's referring to last year. Trading a 1st and a 2nd for a WR so they can waste the last couple years he has left.
Yup and maybe this year too. They’ll have to give up at least a 2nd to get Jimmy G
[Reply]
Eureka 01:13 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Ah Ok. Chiefs are def doing it right.

The Adams trade was a decent trade. I think Adams play style will allow him to be top notch for many years. Ain't nowhere close to the boneheaded trades the Broncos are making though.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:33 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yup and maybe this year too. They’ll have to give up at least a 2nd to get Jimmy G
Isn't he a free agent?
[Reply]
tredadda 07:59 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Rodgers Wilson might possible help the Raiders Broncos . He sure would be invigorated to play on a new team.

The give up as much as possible part sucks but I don't think there are many teams out there that will offer a huge sum for Rodgers and his salary.
This sounds eerily familiar.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:07 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
There's no guarantee the QB they draft is going to be any good at least with Carr you know what you are getting. They also can technically still draft a QB and have him sit for a year or two and learn.
With the way this league is shifting, that is not a good idea. It’s better to roll the dice on a rookie QB than to bring in a vet and sitting your rookie QB. With QB salaries going up so much a team would be silly to waste cheap years on sitting and learning.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:11 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
The only thing you’re guaranteeing by sign Derek Carr is mediocrity in a game your da base wants hope for a title.

Just draft your guy and dump every resource into helping him win football games and ultimately championships.

You have no chance with Carr.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:12 PM 02-08-2023
Nearly all of the best teams played their rookie by year 2 and most in year one.
[Reply]
Page 117 of 121
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121 >
Up