ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 51
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Chief TE Travis Kelce
TribalElder 06:43 PM 04-26-2013
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...lce?id=2540258

OVERVIEW
In high school, Kelce was a three sport star, but his best sport was always football. He was a three-year letter winner at quarterback, and earned All-Lake Erie League honors after totaling 2,539 yards of total offense and 31 total touchdowns as a senior. Kelce’s uncle Don Blalock played football at Purdue and grandfather Don Blalock played football at Ohio. Travis is the younger brother of former Cincinnati Bearcats and current Philadelphia Eagles center Jason Kelce.

In his first year on campus, Travis redshirted. In his redshirt freshman year, Kelce participated in 11 games as the tight end. He caught one pass for three yards. Kelce also played some quarterback, strictly in a Wildcat role. He logged eight carries for 47 yards and two touchdowns. Kelce did not play in 2010, as he was suspended for a violation of team rules. Upon his return in 2011, Kelce caught 13 passes for 150 yards and two touchdowns. In his senior season, Kelce put himself on the NFL prospect map, as he caught 45 passes for 722 yards and eight touchdowns. He was selected to the All-Big East first team for his play.
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Kelce has an ideal tight end frame. Athletic for his size, with great strength, and the ability to stretch the field vertically. Very physical run blocker, generates power from the lower half, and will move defenders off the ball. Plays with leverage. Wide catching radius, can adjust and make the difficult catch. Tough to bring down after the catch. Light feet, and has lined up in numerous different positions.
WEAKNESSES Suspended for an entire season for violating team rules. Only one season of production. Doesn't have blazing speed. Not a tremendously explosive athlete. Doesn't come out of his breaks all that well.
NFL COMPARISON Rob Gronkowski
BOTTOM LINE Kelce has been a tremendous run blocker throughout his career for the Bearcats, but really elevated his game as a receiver in his senior season. He isn't a tremendous athlete, but he does a lot of things very well. It's a deep tight end class, but Kelce's play suggests that he should be highly sought after.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:07 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Neither Fisher or Kelce were bad picks.

But they weren't investments at the most important position.

By the time we make one, one of the best prospects in this draft (Barkley) will be off the board.

I full expect the Chiefs to invest in Tyler Wilson in the next two picks, however.
I would be fine with that.
[Reply]
-King- 07:07 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by buddha:
Bullshit he is never available when it matters. Tony is worthless.
Give some examples of when he wasn't available when it mattered. Very curious.
[Reply]
beer bacon 07:07 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by ChiefMojo:
Are we out of draft picks? I thought we had more left? :-)
We're taking a fullback with a serious cocaine addiction with our other third rounder.
[Reply]
New World Order 07:07 PM 04-26-2013
I'll tell you one thing:

Alex Smith better come out guns blazing or it's going to get ugly quick.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:07 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by DaFace:
OMG THE CHIEFS ARE SO STUPID FOR TRYING TO WIN NOW WITH ALEX SMITH!!!

(Chiefs take the best player available)

OMG THE CHIEFS ARE SO STUPID FOR NOT DRAFTING TO FILL AN IMMEDIATE NEED!!!

My issue is that ChiefsPlanet's value as a source for good Chiefs news and discussion is rapidly falling. It's nothing but bitching and unsubstantiated posturing anymore.

Anyway, carry on with the bitching. People seem to love it I guess.
You seem upset.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:07 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by ChiefMojo:
Daniel Jeremiah

@MoveTheSticks: Kelce is a stud! He will be great for the KC running game. He can collapse his side of the line. Best blocking TE in the draft. #Chiefs
Which is really key in an andy reid offense.
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 07:08 PM 04-26-2013
Moeaki will probably be the third TE
[Reply]
buddha 07:08 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by Brock:
I'll bet teams are terrified now.
Gronk has made a believer out of many teams, and this guy is similarto him.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:08 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I'll tell you one thing:

Alex Smith better come out guns blazing or it's going to get ugly quick.
You realize people who are not on board with Alex are in a small minority, right?
[Reply]
Bump 07:08 PM 04-26-2013
FTR this TE pick isn't really that bad. Watching some vids, he seems pretty legit.

I did NOT want Barkley, Nassib, Jones or Glennon anyways. At least not with the 3rd. Maybe in the 6th or some shit.
[Reply]
Brock 07:08 PM 04-26-2013
Yeah, sure.
[Reply]
beer bacon 07:09 PM 04-26-2013
#1 similarity is that they are both TEs

#2 they both like to party

#3 Alex Smith is basically a Tom Brady clone
[Reply]
Brock 07:09 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
You realize people who are not on board with Alex are in a small minority, right?
KC always ends up hating the qb.
[Reply]
-King- 07:09 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by beer bacon:
#1 similarity is that they are both TEs

#2 they both like to party

#3 Alex Smith is basically a Tom Brady clone
:-)
[Reply]
Hootie 07:10 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
WEAKNESSES Suspended for an entire season for violating team rules. Only one season of production. Doesn't have blazing speed. Not a tremendously explosive athlete. Doesn't come out of his breaks all that well.

Great well that is nice.
you're going to judge someone because he ****ed up in the past?

damn man...with your history? Hypocrite.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 51
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up