ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Nzoner's Game Room>60's/70's/80's Boxing
GabyKeepsMeWarm 11:20 PM 01-29-2023
I feel like we're in a golden age. Like the heavyweights of the 60's to 80's.

It's clear we're living in the golden age of Chiefs football.

But damn man... The parity of the league is certainly palpable, however, you've got THE best players every week now. It's no joke.

Ali, Foreman, Fraizer, Liston, Shavers, Spinks, Mercer, from the era of Joe Louis and Rocky Marciano...

To Larry Holmes, Tyson, Holyfield, Douglas, Lewis, Ruddock, Morrison, Foreman(again), Bowe...

Everyone of those guys were champions, and they are all revered.

Not sure where I'm going with this... but man, this is a good time to be alive to be a Chiefs fan, and I'm all in on seeing the Chiefs win again in two weeks.
[Reply]
TLO 07:37 AM 02-08-2023
Not sure how I missed this thread!
Thank you
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 08:19 AM 02-08-2023
Wait. What?
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 10:41 PM 02-08-2023
Hahaha, yeah, I guess I wasn’t very clear in my original post. Probably too drunk and excited about beating the Bengals to have all my thoughts properly collected.

But I think I was just trying to compare this era of football to the best heavyweight boxing eras.

There’s just so much parity nowadays and incredible quarterbacks, rivalries being created, etc…

Every era has its own thing, and most of romanticize about the “best” era, but I don’t think it can be denied we are living in the golden age of KC Chiefs football.

The AFC runs through KC right now, and as long as everyone is healthy, I feel comfortable believing the Chiefs will be in the team to beat for the foreseeable future, and at worst, we’ll be in the hunt. Another Lombardi trophy would be icing on the cake, and historical.

But we will take a few shots along the way, but as a premiere heavyweight, we’ll get up and we’ll live long enough to take shots for ourselves. It’s kinda great.
[Reply]
Up