IowaHawkeyeChief 04:35 PM 08-29-2021
I hope he can catch Bench
[Reply]
PHOG 04:38 PM 08-29-2021
Does Dozier have it in him?

Edit: Nope
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:38 PM 08-29-2021
Dozier is such a worthless piece of shit.
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:40 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Salvy - All-Time American League Single Season HR King!
Breaking this record puts Salvy one step closer to the HOF.

I hope he breaks Benchs record.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:54 PM 08-29-2021
Yadi Molina or Salvy Perez?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:04 PM 08-29-2021
Olivaries error in the first was the difference today.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 05:21 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think it's clear that the year off and covid shortened year last year have left Salvy healthier and fresher later into the season.

I really think plan A for 2022 should be to platoon Salvy and MJ at catcher and DH. Extend Salvy's career, keep his bat in the line-up every day while also developing MJ and getting him lots of at-bats. Seems to be a win/win.
Yes to your first paragraph - couldn't agree more. No to your second. Melendez needs to be playing catcher most of the time and getting daily at-bats. That happens in Omaha, barring a Salvy injury. Perez can split time with Gallagher again or possibly Rivero next year. Log jam at a premium position isn't the worse thing in the world, but MJ riding the pine half the time is not likely to be the plan. He's not even on the 40 man roster until this off season.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:35 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
Yes to your first paragraph - couldn't agree more. No to your second. Melendez needs to be playing catcher most of the time and getting daily at-bats. That happens in Omaha, barring a Salvy injury. Perez can split time with Gallagher again or possibly Rivero next year. Log jam at a premium position isn't the worse thing in the world, but MJ riding the pine half the time is not likely to be the plan. He's not even on the 40 man roster until this off season.
They're going to have to figure out how to play them both everyday. Whether that's DH or Melendez being able to play LF sometimes.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 05:51 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They're going to have to figure out how to play them both everyday. Whether that's DH or Melendez being able to play LF sometimes.
It's easy. One plays in KC (Salvy) and the other plays everyday in Omaha. No need to make unforced errors on this. Melendez isn't likely to rot in Omaha, waiting for his opportunity. He has time and he'll get opportunity. And since when did Melendez start playing LF? And did we trade Benintendi?
[Reply]
Mecca 05:52 PM 08-29-2021
It's easy. One plays in KC (Salvy) and the other plays everyday in Omaha. No need to make unforced errors on this. Melendez isn't likely to rot in Omaha, waiting for his opportunity. He has time and he'll get opportunity. And since when did Melendez start playing LF? And did we trade Benintendi?
I mean in the future...and yea supposedly their trying to experiment with Melendez to see if he can play 3rd or in the OF.
[Reply]
kstater 06:01 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Yadi Molina or Salvy Perez?
Not to Homer, but last 5 years? Easy, Salvy. In their primes? Toss up. Consistency? Yadi...for now.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
OKchiefs 06:48 PM 08-29-2021
In this scenario what's the end game? If Melendez stays in Omaha next year, what's to keep him from staying there the next 2-3 years? Will anything be different in 2023 from 2022? Salvy will still be here, Pratto will be manning 1B. Perez isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so if he's blocking Melendez in 2022 he's blocking him for a while.

You say Melendez will get his opportunity, but when is that? He's being wasted in Omaha if he's there for another year. He doesn't need to be up on Opening Day, but he's a wasted asset if he is left to continue mashing in Omaha with no clear path to the majors. You'd be better off trading him if there's now way to get both him and Perez into the lineup.
[Reply]
tk13 07:00 PM 08-29-2021
Hard to give up a catcher with that kind of potential but if you're going to make a Wil Myers type trade it's definitely with Melendez. Trade him for a CF or a James Shields type starter who can be a bulldog and set an example for the young pitchers. Or you just bring Melendez up he splits time with Salvy and you just deal with it.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:20 PM 08-29-2021
Sal needs to play C until the ASG next year to get to #8.

MJ can platoon afterwards

Btw: pleaaaaaase let MJ be #23
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:22 PM 08-29-2021
Melendez is starting to find his stride in Omaha but has not set the world on fire there like Pratto and Witt have. I think he starts the season there in 2022 and gets some time to prove himself.

I think the idea of trading Melendez is crazy. He's a good enough stick to be used as a secondary catcher/DH. He's just as good defensively behind the plate as Perez and recent reports are he's much better at framing (which is a real weakness of Perez's game).

Give each of them 80 games behind the dish. Give Perez 3 games a week at DH. Give a couple to Melendez. Use the other 1-2 games at DH to rest other guys.

Melendez is also athletic enough to play 3B or LF/RF in a pinch. He's the second most valuable prospect in the system, IMO, behind Witt. Catchers who defend at Gold Glove levels and have 20 HR pop are ones you hang on to.

If they're going to trade a prospect, my money would be on Nick Pratto. With Pasquatino, they have a very similar performer who has some additional positives to his profile (Vinnie doesn't strike out as much).
[Reply]
Page 363 of 440
« First < 263313353359360361362363 364365366367373413 > Last »
Up