ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 34
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Wanya Morris Thread*****
Dante84 08:43 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Wanya Morris was drafted with pick 92 of round 3 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 8.35 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 215 out of 1294 OT from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/KnzoH8NdfS pic.twitter.com/KZgxtMNcfb

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

Pick 95: Wanya Morris OT OU

The competition at RT isn't eye popping but it may be enough to feel comfortable to not reach. Adding another hat to the ring may be the move.

Morris has the length and natural movement the Chiefs often look for at OT. Clean up his hands & thrive pic.twitter.com/tDDr7f22NC

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) April 24, 2023

[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:02 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Kind of reminds me of the Kaindoh pick. Five star recruit, underwhelmed in college, and broke dick. Obviously he has some great tools but what a raw player.
a wha?

Are you thinking of someone else?
[Reply]
|Zach| 09:03 PM 04-28-2023
Love it.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:03 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
When he moves em, yeah.

But he does that thing that big guys do when they get a little lazy and stops chopping, lunges and loses his balance. Then he looks like stumbly OBJ out there.

He has super long arms and knows it. And that has him being a little lazy with his lower half sometimes.
He needs coaching but he is no doubt a first rd caliber athlete with his size and nice footwork. He was a 5 star recruit that looked the part at OU.

I’m just glad they scrapped Brown Jr/Wylie and got guys who fit the profile of the offense with the size, athleticism and good footwork needed.

It was an enormous problem in every one of of our losses last season.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:05 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by Bwana:
They are going to need to coach him up and work on his technique a bit, but with that being said, I like the potential he has and warm up to the pick.
Likely not starting right away so nbd. This is a long term investment.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:05 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I really think they've had enough of scheming around giant, slow OT's after the Orlando Brown situation.

Taylor and Morris are more traditional, athletic Andy Reid type OT's. Niang is too, if he could stay healthy.
Morris isn't that much faster than Jones, like 5.1 vs 5.35, but I am sure his lateral quickness is better. Those are both fantastic times for men that big.

But Morris having a 9' broad jump is really damn impressive.
[Reply]
Bwana 09:06 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Likely not starting right away so nbd. This is a long term investment.

Exactly
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:08 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Morris isn't that much faster than Jones, like 5.1 vs 5.35, but I am sure his lateral quickness is better. Those are both fantastic times for men that big.

yeah, I mean neither of those guys are running 40 yards. Morris' feet just look much, much quicker in actual football.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:09 PM 04-28-2023
Sounds like he can already play at a high level but needs to work on consistency and footwork and handwork. That's all coachable stuff, his athleticism however is not
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:13 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Dawand Jones would be a shitty fit and that's why you don't make the picks
Amazing that some people still don’t get this. Dewand would have looked like Orlando Brown here. Scheme fit is so important. It makes all the difference. This isn’t Madden 98 for Sega.
[Reply]
oldman 09:14 PM 04-28-2023
I'm pretty OK with this pick. I cringed every time PMII had to hold the ball for a receiver to come open and seeing both Wylie and Brown looking like lost boys while rushers blew by them.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:14 PM 04-28-2023
Lot of attention on the receiver, but I am always glad to see Mahomes getting more help in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Gotta have strong OL and DL to win championships.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:15 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

There's a significant difference between 5.1 and 5.35...
[Reply]
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2023
Some reps of him beating Karlaftis in practice reps in the OP
[Reply]
jspchief 09:16 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’m just glad they scrapped Brown Jr/Wylie and got guys who fit the profile of the offense with the size, athleticism and good footwork needed.
This is where I'm at. Different style/body type and I think it's the right direction regardless of how this individual pick ends up.
[Reply]
Bump 09:19 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Lot of attention on the receiver, but I am always glad to see Mahomes getting more help in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Gotta have strong OL and DL to win championships.
The better the defense is, the more opportunities that Mahomes has to score another TD.

I'll tell a quick story about Michael Jordan, since Mahomes is the Michael Jordan of football.

Jordan was vocal about making sure the team had great defensive players on his team for that logic, the better the defense is the more opportunities I have to score. He wanted Dennis Rodman for those rebounds, get more rebounds and he gets more opportunities to score. That's why guys like Pippen and Ron Harper were great at D as well as MJ himself.

They can take the same approach here, draft great defense like we have been and that gives Mahomes more chances to score.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 34
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up