ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 29
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Gordon signed to the 53 man roster
ShowtimeSBMVP 12:10 PM 10-05-2021

Sources tell me Josh Gordon officially signed to the chiefs 53 man roster and is going to play Sunday night against the Bills

— Taylor Bisciotti (@TaylorBisciotti) October 5, 2021

[Reply]
carcosa 10:41 PM 11-01-2021
He will be the secret weapon against the Packers!!!!!!!! Josh Gordon 200 yards 4 touchdowns!!!! #JoshGordon200Yards4Touchdowns
[Reply]
jd1020 10:42 PM 11-01-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Are you guys really saying this is through his hands? I don't even know if he got a finger tip on it.
He definitely got a finger on it. The ball goes end over end after he touches it. But that's just another shit throw.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:47 AM 11-02-2021
Really curious to see just how many snaps he played last night. Felt like I saw him on the field a bunch bit he never did anything of note.
[Reply]
Cheater5 05:19 AM 11-02-2021

Are you guys really saying this is through his hands? I don't even know if he got a finger tip on it.

*sigh* Bounces off McKinnon's face mask, and his hands aren't even up for the catch. WTF, man.
[Reply]
loochy 05:28 AM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by carcosa:
He will be the secret weapon against the Packers!!!!!!!! Josh Gordon 200 yards 4 touchdowns!!!! #JoshGordon200Yards4Touchdowns
JG200Y4TD!
[Reply]
TEX 05:39 AM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
*sigh* Bounces off McKinnon's face mask, and his hands aren't even up for the catch. WTF, man.
3 receivers in same area.
[Reply]
notorious 05:48 AM 11-02-2021
That gif makes me want to rage.

And some dipshits wonder why it's hard for Mahomes to get back in the groove.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 05:55 AM 11-02-2021
I honestly think he was throwing to McKinnon, it was right to him. Gordon had to reach way out for it. McKinnon didn't see it coming anyway, but I think that pass was intended for him. Though, I don't have any idea why Mahomes would NOT throw it to Gordon there. Either way, easy TD for Mahomes and he fucking threw it horribly.
[Reply]
Cheater5 06:03 AM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
3 receivers in same area.

Yes, true.

But your j-o-b as a receiver, especially when facing the QB (in the endzone no less), is to be ready for the ball. He was looking right at Mahomes and was a spectator. He wasn't ready. He failed.
[Reply]
notorious 06:10 AM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
I honestly think he was throwing to McKinnon, it was right to him. Gordon had to reach way out for it. McKinnon didn't see it coming anyway, but I think that pass was intended for him. Though, I don't have any idea why Mahomes would NOT throw it to Gordon there. Either way, easy TD for Mahomes and he ****ing threw it horribly.
It hit a guy in the face.

If you can't catch that you shouldn't be in the league.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:12 AM 11-02-2021
Mahomes made some bad decisions. The int is not one I'm too worked up about. He was flushed right. And it was a simple pitch and catch until the defender got his hands on the air. It's just one of those years where those small misfires turn into doinks that land right in the defenses lap. It's uncanny the way the ball has bounced all season.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:12 AM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Though, I don't have any idea why Mahomes would NOT throw it to Gordon there. .
I'd imagine the two defenders in front of him are blocking Gordon from his view.
[Reply]
ku_jhawk23 06:37 AM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'd imagine the two defenders in front of him are blocking Gordon from his view.
Does anyone have the view from behind Mahomes? Gordon got both hands on the ball, but the pass was difficult. The placement wasn't great, but Mahomes winged it. The ball changes direction to McKinnon from there, so I don't fault the helmet bounce. There is no way that Mahomes was going for McKinnon though. It is not possilble for Mahomes to be looking at McKinnon, but Gordon was blocked from his view. McKinnon was behind Gordon.
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:41 AM 11-02-2021
So why sign him? Why if he's so shitty in practice that he's unplayable, is he still taking up a roster spot? Trade him to the Seahawks for a 2046 7th round pick. I'm sure they're still interested. But don't keep him on the roster if he's so washed up he can't get on the field.
We're so hard up for a legitimate 3rd option, that signing him to kick the tires made some sense. However, since it is clear that he is closer to Chiefs version Kelvin Benjamin vs an actual asset, I definitely would take the 2046 7th rounder.
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:15 AM 11-02-2021
https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/gameda...s-hes-so-close

Andy Reid on Josh Gordon’s Progress: ‘He’s So Close'

The Chiefs' newest wideout hasn't broken out yet, but Andy Reid isn't too worried about it.

Jordan Foote9 hours ago

When the Kansas City Chiefs signed wide receiver Josh Gordon upon his reinstatement, many expected some problems to be solved on offense. As the quest for a reliable third target for Patrick Mahomes continues, Gordon has yet to break out.

Since making a semi-splash play — an 11-yard catch on a scramble drill throw from Mahomes — in his team debut against the Buffalo Bills, Gordon hasn't recorded a single reception. In consecutive games, despite seeing the field for quite a few snaps, the 30-year-old has gone catch-less. After the Chiefs' 20-17 Week 8 win over the New York Giants, head coach Andy Reid told the media that Gordon is on the brink of making a greater impact.

"He's so close," Reid said of Gordon. "I know I've said that the last couple of weeks, but he's in on plays. On some of the ones which he's the primary on, they obviously know where he's at. I thought he did a nice job blocking for us when he was given an opportunity in there to do that. His routes were good, but they were on top of him. He'll keep pushing, though. He's really a pleasure to be around. He works his tail off and the thing will pop here as he keeps going."

Getting consistent and quality separation has been a major issue for any Chiefs weapon not named Tyreek Hill or Travis Kelce. Despite Mecole Hardman's blazing speed, he struggles with physicality and advanced route running. Despite Demarcus Robinson and Byron Pringle's prototypical size for an outside "X" wide receiver, neither of them has been reliable enough to become a clear-cut favorite for Mahomes. The addition of Gordon came with pipe dreams that the former Cleveland Browns standout would fix things, but that has yet to manifest itself.

On one hand, it's still early and Gordon very well could be close. When he signed with the Chiefs, he hadn't played in the NFL for two seasons and was entering a situation that required an impeccable understanding of one of the league's most complex playbooks. It's reasonable to expect that transition to take some time, especially with the offense still having other things to sort out.

On the other hand, when he signed with the Chiefs, Gordon hadn't played in the NFL for two seasons. He's also now on the wrong side of the proverbial age-30 hill, an age where non-elite wideouts tend to begin to decline. Perhaps Gordon doesn't have as much left in the tank as the Chiefs originally thought. Maybe the offense and its concepts are truly giving him a difficult time.

The answer likely lies somewhere in the middle, but Gordon is clearly in good standing with Reid and the rest of the Chiefs. As a Sunday afternoon matchup with the Green Bay Packers approaches, Kansas City will need all hands on deck to keep up with one of football's most potent offensive attacks. Could a Gordon statement game be on the horizon? If you ask Reid, it's more likely than you think.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 29
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Up