ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 85 of 2686
« First < 35758182838485 86878889951351855851085 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
RunKC 06:46 PM 05-01-2017
Man it is so hilarious to see Tiger flailing into the wind bc he knows Alex is living on borrowed time.

I'm still calling it: soon he will say Mahomes needs to sit for 3 years and Alex needs to be extended.

Only a matter of time
[Reply]
rydogg58 06:55 PM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
So now we have people going from bench Smith now to let him play one year, to let Mahomes sit until he's ready however long it takes.

If I must say, my job is accomplished :-)
You are making up a narrative that fits what you want it to be. Other than maybe a few people that have said this, the vast...no, damn near EVERYbody has said we are content with Mahomes sitting. JFC, anyone with half a brain knows he's going to sit. But continue to ignore the fact that almost nobody has said start him now, and continue to ignore the fact that EVERYBODY keeps telling you that. You will, because you are just a drama queen, and drama queens gotta drama queen.

But consider this. Mahomes is going to start. Smith will either retire, move on to another team, or ride the pine. But Mahomes WILL start, and that's the thing that gets your panties all twisted up. You don't have a love for the Chiefs as a team, you have a crush on Smith as a PLAYER on this team. And that's alright too. Nothing wrong with that. It would be refreshing if you would just come out and say it. I think more people would respect you. Instead you play dumb, make sly comments, and pretend that it's not the case. We all aren't as dumb as you. Everyone can see this love affair you have, and that's why we laugh at you.

You can't stop what's coming with the QB situation. It's going to be a slow grind to your eventual exit from this forum, but it will come once Smith hits the shower for the last time. Because you are just a fan of Alex Smith, and once his career is done you will no longer have any reason to follow the Chiefs.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 06:57 PM 05-01-2017
Slapping coming sense into a bunch of cavemen is flailing.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 06:58 PM 05-01-2017
So now a newbie who can't navigate the site is speaking for everyone as if there is agreement that Mahomes should sit and how long. :-)
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 07:00 PM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Slapping coming sense into a bunch of cavemen is flailing.
just kick back and enjoy whatever comes, man... may as well. :-)
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 07:06 PM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
just kick back and enjoy whatever comes, man... may as well. :-)
Believe me, I will. It's hilarious to watch this narrative change from bench Smith now to...mahomes will be ready mid season when the crowd begins to boo...to it's his job in 2018 we save 18 million cutting Smith..to he's ready when he's ready which is sometime in 2018!

JFC the amount of stupid in these 64 pages of this thread is off the charts. You would think you were reading the Geno thread from years prior based on how much people are talking out of their ass.
[Reply]
bigjosh 07:12 PM 05-01-2017
Not that it means anything, but...

" In 1999 Donovan McNabb was the #2 overall selection in the NFL Draft. Each of the first three picks were QBs – Tim Couch (1st, Browns) and Akili Smith (3rd, Bengals), and five first round selections overall were signal callers (Daunte Culpepper, 11th, Vikings; and Cade McNown, 15th, Bears). During Donovan’s rookie year in Philadelphia he was to be an understudy to Doug Pederson while learning head coach Andy Reid’s complex West Coast offense. By week 10 Donovan’s obvious talents were too much to ignore and he earned his first career start vs. Washington on 11/14 and led the Eagles to a 35-28 victory. He started 6 of the final 7 games giving Eagles fans a glimpse of what was to come."
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:13 PM 05-01-2017
I'm not sure where you are coming from with that "the narrative has changed " post.

Most have just said the same thing over and over, different posters have had differing opinions but that's not the narrative changing.

I think most everyone agrees he should sit until they (the team) think he's ready. Whenever that ends up being.
[Reply]
O.city 07:16 PM 05-01-2017
Mahomes isn't starting this year. He's gonna sit a year. With the financial aspect being what it is, I'd imagine he's gonna be the starter going into 2018 unless things don't go as planned.

But that's all in due time. This is literally the best time in Chiefs history. Right now. They have a great front office, a top 5 coaching staff in the league, a good solid albeit a bit boring starting qb. Smith is a really smart guy who from all accounts, goes about being a pro the right way. They just drafted the highest upside qb in the draft to sit behind said starter for a year to learn.

This is the time to celebrate and enjoy it.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:18 PM 05-01-2017
Im still pumped. One of my favorite sports moments ever.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:23 PM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I think most everyone agrees he should sit until they (the team) think he's ready. Whenever that ends up being.
I predict that will be around March 12, 2018.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:24 PM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Mahomes isn't starting this year. He's gonna sit a year. With the financial aspect being what it is, I'd imagine he's gonna be the starter going into 2018 unless things don't go as planned.

But that's all in due time. This is literally the best time in Chiefs history. Right now. They have a great front office, a top 5 coaching staff in the league, a good solid albeit a bit boring starting qb. Smith is a really smart guy who from all accounts, goes about being a pro the right way. They just drafted the highest upside qb in the draft to sit behind said starter for a year to learn.

I'm celebrating I'm stoked for the future of Chiefs football. If its a year its a year but I think it will be sooner than that but lots have to fall in place. Like Alex Smith sucking and I don't think he will suck outright he will be his ol mediocre self and that will get him by. However if Mahomes II makes an impression to the coaches in TC and preseason games then during the season may get some opportunity to showcase his talents. Lets not forget that Alex Smith is prone to concuss and so at any given game if Patrick is suited up will get a chance to play. IF he can drive down the field for a touchdown the coaches will have a hard time taking him back out.
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:24 PM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Good day, everyone. It's another tremendous day in the Chiefs Kingdom.

Just wanted to point out again (because I'm not sure it was ever put into this context), that John Dorsey, Andy Reid, and the entire Chiefs staff thought Patrick Mahomes II was worthy of a top-10 pick, another 1st rounder, and a 3rd round choice. :-)

Please continue on and have a glorious day.
I know, right?!
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 07:25 PM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:

That Reid interview on the Herd today says it all. How many teams get this luxury of going from winning QB to a high upside QB without rushing someone out of the draft? What's stupid is that you've got guys wanting to dump Smith on first chance or trade him when he's the guy we want mentoring the kid. There is little financial consequence to offsetting Smith's 2018 pay into dead money for 2019 when he is off the team. If Smith is playing fabulous in 2018, even better for mahomes he can continue to absorb and not risk injury on a low paying rookie contract. He'll get 2-3 years to justify why he should get s 700% annual pay increase. Did you read the news on Bridgewater getting his fifth year option denied? Feel bad for the dude. Every moment Mahomes gets with Smith it increases his odds of success. Whether Smith is the starter the whole year or if he gets dethroned somewhere in '18-19, this dude's future is better with Alex on it. **** This idea of trading for a third round pick, that's peanuts in the grand scheme of things and that's not the message you send to a dude who helped turned this franchise around. If you want to treat a hard-working class act that way, my guess is you haven't spent much or any time in a leadership/important position at work
[Reply]
O.city 07:25 PM 05-01-2017
From a financial aspect, you wanna use as much of his rookie cheap deal as you can with him on the field. That allows you to have more $ to put more guys around him to allow him more success early.
[Reply]
Page 85 of 2686
« First < 35758182838485 86878889951351855851085 > Last »
Up