ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2219 of 2683
« First < 1219171921192169220922152216221722182219 2220222122222223222922692319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:24 AM 06-28-2022
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Just awesome
Typically losses stick with me A LOT more than wins. Like the ratio might be 10:1.

But I am not legitimately sure that I'd trade that Buffalo game for a win the next week against the Bengals.

I know that's idiotic to say, but that experience was just so special.
[Reply]
TribalElder 08:28 AM 06-28-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Typically losses stick with me A LOT more than wins. Like the ratio might be 10:1.

But I am not legitimately sure that I'd trade that Buffalo game for a win the next week against the Bengals.

That was the best game I think I've ever seen
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:42 AM 06-28-2022

When we won the coin flip against the Bengals you thought it was over. Patrick was going to pull this out? Bet we all did.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:47 AM 06-28-2022

For me, that game is ruined by the loss to Cincy. I don't even look back at it fondly, because of the clusterfuck that occurred the following week. It was all for nothing.

Give me the divisional round game versus the Texans any day of the week.
[Reply]
crispystl 09:16 AM 06-28-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post

Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
For me, that game is ruined by the loss to Cincy. I don't even look back at it fondly, because of the cluster**** that occurred the following week. It was all for nothing.

I sort of look at it both ways. I took my wife and son to the Bills game and it was their first experience at Arrowhead so that was just unreal. But on the other hand, man what a fucking let down the next week was. It just makes you sick.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:44 AM 06-28-2022
I’m weirdly at peace with the AFCCG loss to the Bengals.

The AFCCG loss against the Patriots in 2018 and Super Bowl loss against the Buccaneers in 2020 were both far worse.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:48 AM 06-28-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I’m weirdly at peace with the AFCCG loss to the Bengals.

The AFCCG loss against the Patriots in 2018 and Super Bowl loss against the Buccaneers in 2020 were both far worse.
I get that, but the Patriots and Buccaneers were damn good teams. The Bengals were an overrated flavor of the month that the Chiefs should've stomped.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:09 AM 06-28-2022
I get that, but the Patriots and Buccaneers were damn good teams. The Bengals were an overrated flavor of the month that the Chiefs should've stomped.

You’re right in general. They had no business beating us. I would argue that they’re actually a stronger team than that 2018 Patriots squad, though. That squad was basically Brady, Gronk, and a good OL surrounded by nothing special. Having that INT nullified by Dee Ford’s stupidity and then giving up three straight 3rd and long conversions in OT just really drove that dagger into my heart.

Then, of course, getting smashed in the Super Bowl, by Brady, further adding to his legacy (even though he didn’t do shit to earn it), cementing the fact that Mahomes will never be the GOAT, when we already beat them early on in the regular season.

Idk.. The Bengals last year seemed like one of those weird destiny type of teams. They came pretty close to knocking off a stacked Rams team at home in the Super Bowl. It was a magical season for them.
[Reply]
crispystl 01:44 PM 06-28-2022
You’re right in general. They had no business beating us. I would argue that they’re actually a stronger team than that 2018 Patriots squad, though. That squad was basically Brady, Gronk, and a good OL surrounded by nothing special. Having that INT nullified by Dee Ford’s stupidity and then giving up three straight 3rd and long conversions in OT just really drove that dagger into my heart.

Then, of course, getting smashed in the Super Bowl, by Brady, further adding to his legacy (even though he didn’t do shit to earn it), cementing the fact that Mahomes will never be the GOAT, when we already beat them early on in the regular season.

Idk.. The Bengals last year seemed like one of those weird destiny type of teams. They came pretty close to knocking off a stacked Rams team at home in the Super Bowl. It was a magical season for them.

Imop losing to the Bucs in the Super Bowl was easily the was the worst loss in the Mahomes era. The vibe after losing the 2019 AFC championship game to the Pats was still pretty optimistic because it was Mahomes first year starting and at the point there was no reason to believe we wouldn’t get a few more shots at Brady in the AFC playoffs. When we lost to the Bucs though it put Brady up 2-0 on Mahomes in the postseason and the only way to get another crack at him is to make the Super Bowl and hope they Bucs do too. Plus you had to deal with the fucking insufferable fake bandwagon Bucs fans on Monday too. And I’m talking about the fucking biggest bandwagoners too. (housewives and shit that claimed to be “Patriots fans” over the last twenty years just because they were good that now claim to be Bucs fans because the always loved Brady).
It was even worse because I think if the officials called an even game we might’ve come through with a close win.

Yeah, it doesn’t get much fucking worse than that.

The Bengals loss sucked because we should’ve easily won, but there’s no history or beef with the Bengals and they haven’t been propped up by the Zebras or anything so they’re not as annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:54 PM 06-28-2022
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Plus you had to deal with the fucking insufferable fake bandwagon Bucs fans on Monday too. And I’m talking about the fucking biggest bandwagoners too.

The Bengals loss sucked because we should’ve easily won, but there’s no history or beef with the Bengals and they haven’t been propped up by the Zebras or anything so they’re not as annoying.
Bro, I'm in Orlando. You don't even know. I swear millions of bandwagonners came out of the woodwork after that game. That made is especially annoying.

Plus, I mean, it was the Super Bowl. There is no tougher loss.

Ultimately, I think what you say is my reasoning as well. The Bengals are hard to hate at this point.
[Reply]
irafreak 03:30 PM 06-28-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
When we won the coin flip against the Bengals you thought it was over. Patrick was going to pull this out? Bet we all did.
Unless you thought the fix was in (gasp)
[Reply]
crispystl 03:17 PM 06-29-2022
Bro, I'm in Orlando. You don't even know. I swear millions of bandwagonners came out of the woodwork after that game. That made is especially annoying.

Plus, I mean, it was the Super Bowl. There is no tougher loss.

Ultimately, I think what you say is my reasoning as well. The Bengals are hard to hate at this point.
Oh man that had to be absolutely brutal being in Florida. Look on the bright side though...at least you live in Florida!
[Reply]
tredadda 04:25 PM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
That was the best game I think I've ever seen
It is pretty amazing to think about KC being in one of the greatest regular season games of all time (2018 @LAR) and one of the greatest postseason games of all time. Mahomes was the QB of both of them. Excited to see what other legendary games he leads us to in the future.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:27 PM 06-29-2022
For me, that game is ruined by the loss to Cincy. I don't even look back at it fondly, because of the clusterfuck that occurred the following week. It was all for nothing.

That Bengals game stung because KC had no business losing it. They were the better team, at home, had a good lead and blew it more because of how poorly they played than how well Cincy played.
[Reply]
-King- 05:11 PM 06-29-2022

It's so flukey how we lost that I don't get mad about it. Now I'm not going to watch it again, but now I just laugh at how ridiculous the 2nd half was.
[Reply]
Page 2219 of 2683
« First < 1219171921192169220922152216221722182219 2220222122222223222922692319 > Last »
Up