ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Original "Field of Dreams" Field For Sale
displacedinMN 06:43 AM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Never seen the movie.
wow.

I may watch. Glad Costner was able to show up. It would not be real if he was not there.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:36 AM 08-12-2021
For those saying they have never seen the movie, if you have a soul and have loved baseball your whole life, it's a must see. It's cheesy as hell but you'll love it.

As far as the field, I was actually up in Dyersville in April to visit the movie site, and the adjacent field was still in the works. It's close enough to the original field that I'm sure there will be some nice aerial shots of the two fields during the broadcast.

The tour guide said the people who purchased the site plan to turn it into a huge complex for travel ball leagues, an idea which I'm personally torn about. Said there will be hotels, restaurants, ect.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:39 AM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:

The tour guide said the people who purchased the site plan to turn it into a huge complex for travel ball leagues, an idea which I'm personally torn about. Said there will be hotels, restaurants, ect.
:-) That will ruin the experience
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:36 PM 08-12-2021
For those saying they have never seen the movie, if you have a soul and have loved baseball your whole life, it's a must see. It's cheesy as hell but you'll love it.

As far as the field, I was actually up in Dyersville in April to visit the movie site, and the adjacent field was still in the works. It's close enough to the original field that I'm sure there will be some nice aerial shots of the two fields during the broadcast.

Here is the plan for it.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:19 AM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:

Here is the plan for it.
Ugh. Hard pass. Leave the two fields and the corn.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 02:51 PM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Watch it, dude. It's brilliant.

And they've done great tribute to it today.

Really happy to see something like this handled in the right way as that's super rare.

The music just melts me and I'm back to being a child listening to baseball (or football) on the radio...
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I’m sorry.
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
wow.

I may watch. Glad Costner was able to show up. It would not be real if he was not there.
Don't care about baseball. Never really have. Not sure about a soul, but I think I have one. Probably not going to watch it though. Won't say never though, I like a lot of Costner movies.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:23 AM 08-14-2021
Don't care about baseball. Never really have. Not sure about a soul, but I think I have one. Probably not going to watch it though. Won't say never though, I like a lot of Costner movies.
I don't really consider mail delivery a hobby of mine but I watched The Postman.

And as a Costner fan, I think you'll find this more satisfying than Waterworld.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:09 PM 08-12-2021
Never seen the movie.

Really happy to see something like this handled in the right way as that's super rare.

The music just melts me and I'm back to being a child listening to baseball (or football) on the radio...
[Reply]
Frazod 08:12 PM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

My No. 3 favorite movie of all time.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:45 AM 08-12-2021
Hotels, etc. Yuck.

I do know even without the movie being there-that land is worth a lot of money.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:15 AM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Hotels, etc. Yuck.

I do know even without the movie being there-that land is worth a lot of money.
I think it will be good just because the younger generations will be able to be involved with it now.

But yeah, glad I got there before it happened.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:08 AM 08-12-2021
They tore down the Field of Dreams ball field and built a 8000 seat stadium in its place?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:38 AM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
They tore down the Field of Dreams ball field and built a 8000 seat stadium in its place?
I dont think they tore the original down. But they built an ‘MLB spec’ stadium right next to it.

I wonder what the dimensions are of the original movie field?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:49 PM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I dont think they tore the original down. But they built an ‘MLB spec’ stadium right next to it.

I wonder what the dimensions are of the original movie field?
They could have made it work, but it wouldn't make sense.

I'm really not interested in the game, even though we live somewhat close to Dyersville. If the Royals had been playing, I'd probably watch.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:19 AM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
No, the original is still there. I went a few years back and played catch on the field and even hit some balls and of course took the goofy pics going into the corn... It was actually cooler than I thought it would be, but I love the movie.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up