ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Hall of Classics>ENDelt's deck thread
ENDelt260 06:55 PM 04-19-2005
[Reply]
Phobia 11:04 PM 06-01-2005
Originally Posted by jspchief:
What type of wood is that? If it's cedar, what did you use to get the grain to pop like that?
No cedar in this part of the country. Redwood is comparably priced and I used a Sherman Williams redwood toner on it. Sprayed it. It really did pop nicely, didn't it?
[Reply]
Phobia 11:06 PM 06-01-2005
FWIW, the entire deck in that picture slopes a little over a 1/4" per foot (including the counter), but the grill and the stainless doors are level. Which is why it looks a little goofy at the moment. I think the tile I'll be bookending the doors with will clean that "off-kilter" look up a bit.
[Reply]
jspchief 11:18 PM 06-01-2005
Hey Phil, quick hi-jack.

I replaced the wrought iron on my front porch with cedar, and we originally planned to wait and paint it with the house. Since then, we've decided we would rather stain/treat it, and keep a more natural look.

Parts of it have weathered more because they are exposed to rain. When we stain it, is there a stain that will make the grey stuff and the non-weathered stuff the same color?

Any other suggestions on products to use?
[Reply]
Phobia 11:21 PM 06-01-2005
Originally Posted by jspchief:
Hey Phil, quick hi-jack.

I replaced the wrought iron on my front porch with cedar, and we originally planned to wait and paint it with the house. Since then, we've decided we would rather stain/treat it, and keep a more natural look.

Parts of it have weathered more because they are exposed to rain. When we stain it, is there a stain that will make the grey stuff and the non-weathered stuff the same color?

Any other suggestions on products to use?
You can either powerwash the grey away and wait for a few dry days before staining or you can use a baking soda/water mixture to artificially age the newer cedar to match the weathered cedar. I don't know of a product that will overpower the weathered look unless it's a surface stain.
[Reply]
PastorMikH 07:44 AM 06-02-2005
Originally Posted by Over-Head:
I just read this entire thread, and can honestly say WOW!
Phibia, your defiantly a skilled craftsman.

Many is the time I’m in doing high end interior refinishing reno’s on $500,000 homes and literally watched the external reno’s like you’ve done go sour real fast.
This is incredible work IMO.
The lumber pattern really gives it a “desert” type look, and the use of the lattes gives the appearance of cut off from the main door thus creating more of a separate room, as opposed to “just a deck”.

And I’ll bet I can safely say the pic’s don’t do it justice.
Not too shabby a reno to have on your resume’ sir. Not shabby at all!
:-) :-) :-) :-)

Geeesh! If you want to suck up that bad, how about just dropping the losers you're rooting for and start wearing Red & Gold?

:-)
[Reply]
Lzen 08:24 AM 06-02-2005
This deck is freakin' sweeeeeeett!!!!!!1
Attached: Peter Griffin Freakin' Sweet.jpg (23.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Brando 12:25 PM 06-02-2005
Originally Posted by pink:
since when do you care about eyesight dude? i'm thinking you should have at least been neighborly and asked to borrow her phone so you could call your wife and ask her if she would come get your sorry ass cuz you seem to have misplaced the truck while you were in mexico starin' at the local tiddies.

Sounds like Phil is getting spanked when he gets home. LUCKY!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:31 PM 06-02-2005
Originally Posted by Brando:

:-) - from theonion

Originally Posted by :
Entire Napoleon Dynamite Plot Pieced Together Through Friends' Quotes
AUSTIN, TX—
Although he has never seen the 2004 indie hit Napoleon Dynamite, Michael Osman, 23, has cobbled together its entire plot via his friends' endless quoting of the film. "Well, Napoleon's brother said, 'Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day,' and then got a visit from his Internet girlfriend," Osman said. "Then Napoleon told his Uncle Rico that he could make 120 bucks 'in like five seconds,' and went to work on a chicken farm. Then Napoleon gave Trisha a drawing, said, 'It took me like three hours to finish the shading on your upper lip,' and asked her to the dance." Osman added that he has a pretty good idea what a liger looks like.

[Reply]
DenverChief 07:56 PM 06-02-2005
Originally Posted by ENDelt260:
Phil decided my fireplace needed to be painted.

Dude you should be ashamed you spent so much money on your deck and thats the TV you watch the Chiefs on :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:58 PM 06-02-2005
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
Dude you should be ashamed you spent so much money on your deck and thats the TV you watch the Chiefs on :-)
Pretty sure he goes to the bar for KC games.
[Reply]
DenverChief 08:04 PM 06-02-2005
Originally Posted by gochiefs:
Pretty sure he goes to the bar for KC games.

lighten up francis
[Reply]
DenverChief 08:09 PM 06-02-2005
I think my new deck is way cooler than a big screen.

Me too :-)

speaking of is it done already or is phil really not coming home yet?
[Reply]
pink 10:54 PM 06-02-2005
I think my new deck is way cooler than a big screen.
i think every guy's deck should be bigger than their tv screen
[Reply]
pink 11:13 PM 06-02-2005
Originally Posted by Brando:

dude, you need a woman. like bad.
[Reply]
Logical 12:51 AM 06-03-2005
Originally Posted by pink:
i think every guy's deck should be bigger than their tv screen
:-) LOL
[Reply]
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Up