ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 33
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Hall of Classics>The Official 24 Bet Pictures Thread
Slayer Diablo 09:16 PM 01-30-2005
Alright, we all know that the rules of the bet created by Phil state one pic at the end of each month. As of whatever time it says at the top left corner of this post, this is the place goatcheese and slayer are to post those pictures.
[Reply]
go bo 09:46 PM 01-31-2005
Originally Posted by gochiefs:
That's too bad. We weren't in this to earn anything. It was a competition, nothing else, nothing more.

We abided by the rules and it is now over.
no, not quite...

iirc, the bet was for a year...

anything less would void the whole bet, so no naming rights would accrue...

that's what wti should rule, impo... :-)
[Reply]
Yosef_Malkovitch 09:47 PM 01-31-2005
Originally Posted by Phobia:
I don't know about WTI, but I'm having trouble with this whole plea bargain thing....

A month long beard is no sacrifice at all. Certainly not enough of a sacrifice to "earn" name changing rights. Name changing rights are a valuable commodity here at the Planet. Growing a beard for one month doesn't earn somebody name chaning rights for one day, much less an entire month. This contest must go longer than a month. It was a year long contest and you both pissed all over your shoes at the starting line.

How very disappointing. I'll await an official ruling from WTI, but I think you both lose your naming rights forever for this horrible display in judgment. WTF were you both thinking?
I kind of agree. Allowing them to plea bargain out of it robs the rest of the Planet of the enjoyment of knowing that one of them at least is running around looking like a Wookie.
[Reply]
go bo 09:48 PM 01-31-2005
Originally Posted by Yosef_Malkovitch:
I kind of agree. Allowing them to plea bargain out of it robs the rest of the Planet of the enjoyment of knowing that one of them at least is running around looking like a Wookie.
i couldn't have said it better myself... :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Phobia 09:50 PM 01-31-2005
Yeah, this contest had potential to be an alltime ChiefsPlanet classic - instead, it's an all-time disappointment. WTF?
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:51 PM 01-31-2005
Goodbye.
The Posedown in the preliminary round between Slayer and Gochiefs has been unexpeptional. They're really going to have to bring the heat to have a chance at advancing to the semis, but with this many men in speedos, gochiefs is almost guaranteed to at least get a semi
Attached: gochiefsslayerposedown.jpg (36.9 KB) 
[Reply]
2bikemike 09:53 PM 01-31-2005
Originally Posted by go bo:
no, not quite...

Thats what I remembered too. The bet should be null and void.

Man those were some pathetic whiskers on those boys.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:57 PM 01-31-2005
no, not quite...

Nope, sorry. The rules clearly said that it was possible for the competition to end before one year.

And Slayer forfeited. There was no rule against that, nor was there a rule against offering him a plea bargain.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:57 PM 01-31-2005
Boo hoo. We got the better of you ****ers for once. Deal with it.
[Reply]
go bo 09:59 PM 01-31-2005
Nope, sorry. The rules clearly said that it was possible for the competition to end before one year.

And Slayer forfeited. There was no rule against that, nor was there a rule against offering him a plea bargain.
link?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:00 PM 01-31-2005
link?
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...3&postcount=42

There are two concessions made for the contest meeting an untimely end.
[Reply]
Slayer Diablo 10:02 PM 01-31-2005
Originally Posted by Phobia:
I don't know about WTI, but I'm having trouble with this whole plea bargain thing....

A month long beard is no sacrifice at all. Certainly not enough of a sacrifice to "earn" name changing rights. Name changing rights are a valuable commodity here at the Planet. Growing a beard for one month doesn't earn somebody name chaning rights for one day, much less an entire month. This contest must go longer than a month. It was a year long contest and you both pissed all over your shoes at the starting line.

How very disappointing. I'll await an official ruling from WTI, but I think you both lose your naming rights forever for this horrible display in judgment. WTF were you both thinking?
Hmm, you really think so? Then I guess goatcheese loses because if you read back in this thread, he stated that he shaved his whereas I said I was waiting until the morning--and I did wait until morning.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:03 PM 01-31-2005
Originally Posted by Slayer Diablo:
Hmm, you really think so? Then I guess goatcheese loses because if you read back in this thread, he stated that he shaved his whereas I said I was waiting until the morning--and I did wait until morning.
You forfeited before that, though. That officially ended the competition.
[Reply]
Slayer Diablo 10:05 PM 01-31-2005
You forfeited before that, though. That officially ended the competition.
According to Phobia's third-person-perspective, that didn't count because you did the plea bargin thing...but I guess WTI has the final say in that.
[Reply]
Slayer Diablo 10:06 PM 01-31-2005
Hey, you're the one who created the bet and forced Slayer into it....
What? You were the first one to say that Phobia didn't force me to do anything...pick one side or the other, Senator Kerry.
[Reply]
Phobia 10:07 PM 01-31-2005
Originally Posted by Slayer Diablo:
:-) - yeah - this event is just starting to get interesting.

We're gonna need a note from your family doctor certifying that you haven't shaved, Slayer.

gochiefs, you better get to growing again. You need to catch Slayer by the February picture submission.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 33
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up