ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 31
< 123 456713 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>OT Rankings
KChiefs1 10:08 AM 03-03-2021
https://theathletic.com/2419203/2021...ds-deep-class/

Dane Brugler:

1. Penei Sewell, Oregon (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Malaeimi, American Samoa (Desert Hills); Age: 20.56

2. Rashawn Slater, Northwestern (6-foot-4, 308 pounds)
Sugar Land, Texas (Clements); Age: 22.09

3. Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech (6-foot-5, 315 pounds)
Upper Marlboro, Md. (Riverdale); Age: 21.91

4. Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Topeka, Kan. (Topeka); Age: 23.16

5. Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame (6-foot-5, 301 pounds)
Cleveland, Ohio (Saint Ignatius); Age: 23.28

6. Samuel Cosmi, Texas (6-foot-7, 310 pounds)
Humble, Texas (Atascocita); Age: 22.20

7. James Hudson, Cincinnati (6-foot-4, 302 pounds)
Toledo, Ohio (Central Catholic); Age: 21.96

8. D’Ante Smith, East Carolina (6-foot-5, 294 pounds)
Augusta, Ga. (Grovetown); Age: 22.89

9. Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State (6-foot-6, 304 pounds)
Becker, Minn. (Becker); Age: 23.09

10. Walker Little, Stanford (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Houston, Texas (Episcopal); Age: 22.08

11. Brady Christensen, BYU (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Bountiful, Utah (Bountiful)

12. Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa (6-foot-8, 314 pounds)
Lenox, Iowa (Lenox); Age: 23.09
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:03 AM 03-21-2021
One thing to think about-

With Thuney and Long inside (and probably Reiter although it's not my preference), it WOULD make it easier for inexperienced OT's as long as they're physically talented enough. Really experienced, plus player at OG mean OT's can just ride out wide without having to worry as much about getting beat inside. The Guards are going to see danger and be able to point it out to the young-uns. It's not the worst situation, to be honest.

I still don't see Andy signing off on two rookie OT's.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:09 AM 03-21-2021
Looking at the tackles in this draft, I can see three reasonable approaches to LT:

1) Most traditional: Wait until the Chiefs pick and take the best T available at 31, or - if one is not there who warrants the selection - trade down from 31 or up from 64 to get into an appropriate range for the guy they want.

2) Aggressive: Trade up from 31 to 18-20 and take Samuel Cosmi. You'd want to make sure you get in front of Indy, and from reading his scouts I think he might look like Eric Fisher in Year 1 (i.e. really struggle because he isn't strong enough for the NFL yet). But his upside is very nice.

3) Super aggressive: Trade up in front of San Diego and take Christian Darrisaw. This likely means getting into that 10-12 range, which would take 31, next year's first, and maybe a titch more.

Veach's history typically shows a GM who lives somewhere between Aggressive and Super Aggressive. Which, the more I think about it, makes me believe they're going to do something less conventional.

Chris Ballard would take #1 and be looking to trade down and still get the best guy available at 31. Probably Dorsey as well. But that's not Brett Veach, IMO.
[Reply]
O.city 08:10 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
One thing to think about-

With Thuney and Long inside (and probably Reiter although it's not my preference), it WOULD make it easier for inexperienced OT's as long as they're physically talented enough. Really experienced, plus player at OG mean OT's can just ride out wide without having to worry as much about getting beat inside. The Guards are going to see danger and be able to point it out to the young-uns. It's not the worst situation, to be honest.

I still don't see Andy signing off on two rookie OT's.
They’re about at the point where that’s just what they’re gonna have to do
[Reply]
O.city 08:11 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Looking at the tackles in this draft, I can see three reasonable approaches to LT:

1) Most traditional: Wait until the Chiefs pick and take the best T available at 31, or - if one is not there who warrants the selection - trade down from 31 or up from 64 to get into an appropriate range for the guy they want.

2) Aggressive: Trade up from 31 to 18-20 and take Samuel Cosmi. You'd want to make sure you get in front of Indy, and from reading his scouts I think he might look like Eric Fisher in Year 1 (i.e. really struggle because he isn't strong enough for the NFL yet). But his upside is very nice.

3) Super aggressive: Trade up in front of San Diego and take Christian Darrisaw. This likely means getting into that 10-12 range, which would take 31, next year's first, and maybe a titch more.

Veach's history typically shows a GM who lives somewhere between Aggressive and Super Aggressive. Which, the more I think about it, makes me believe they're going to do something less conventional.

Chris Ballard would take #1 and be looking to trade down and still get the best guy available at 31. Probably Dorsey as well. But that's not Brett Veach, IMO.
Part of my “trade up for a LT” comes from this thinking and Veachs time as a gm. They go hard at their top option. He’s not a “sit and take what’s left” kind of gm, for better or worse.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:21 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
They’re about at the point where that’s just what they’re gonna have to do
Maybe that became their plan when they missed out on Williams.

It was either Williams or rookie.
[Reply]
O.city 10:00 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Maybe that became their plan when they missed out on Williams.

It was either Williams or rookie.
I’d imagine it has to be

If they think he’s the LT they want, take little at 31
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:15 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

4. Veach takes a WR at 31 and people bitch. LT is taken in the 2nd round, people bitch more for not trading up for one and bitch because something blah blah they drafted some smaller school kid.

They sign Fisher in August and whatever because the rookie will be an extra tackle for 2021.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:09 PM 03-21-2021
Ideally you could trade down, pick up and extra 3rd and take a tackle.

I’m skeptical we can get a day one starting LT without trading UP for one but it’s not impossible
To get a day 1 starting LT, you're probably giving up next year's 1st in a package to get up there.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:27 PM 03-25-2021
You don't trade up in the first round for an OL...you do that for a QB.

There are probably going to be 6-7 tackles taken off the board before the Chiefs at 31. I personally like Radunz & think he could be had in the 40's range.
I say trade down & get extra picks if you can find a trade partner, otherwise just go with the best WR or EDGE if the LT isn't there that you want.

Maybe trade up after the first round to get higher in the 2nd round if there's a tackle you really like.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:53 PM 03-25-2021
Where is Leatherwood on that list???

Anyway the question is which teams are likely to take a LT in round one? Cinci, Colts, Steelers...who else? Vikings?? So as much as folks want to hype up pro days and claim player x "won't be there by 31" who is gonna pick player x exactly? Teams with an established LT are not gonna spend a first rounder on another one once the very top guys are gone. I think people will be surprised to see who drops to us in the end tbh.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:46 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Where is Leatherwood on that list???

Anyway the question is which teams are likely to take a LT in round one? Cinci, Colts, Steelers...who else? Vikings?? So as much as folks want to hype up pro days and claim player x "won't be there by 31" who is gonna pick player x exactly? Teams with an established LT are nor gonna spend a first rounder on another one once the very top guys are gone. I think people will be surprised to see who drops to us in the end tbh.
Leatherwood is probably going to end up a guard in the NFL.

And I'm guessing between 4 and 5 guys go off the board before us.

Bengals, Dolphins, Vikings, Chargers, Steelers, and Colts all have needs but only the Bengals, Chargers, and Colts look to be "locks". The other teams either have other needs that could take precedence or they are rumored to have a plan that doesn't involve the draft.
[Reply]
O.city 07:24 AM 03-27-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Leatherwood is probably going to end up a guard in the NFL.

And I'm guessing between 4 and 5 guys go off the board before us.

Bengals, Dolphins, Vikings, Chargers, Steelers, and Colts all have needs but only the Bengals, Chargers, and Colts look to be "locks". The other teams either have other needs that could take precedence or they are rumored to have a plan that doesn't involve the draft.
I'm thinking the Bengals don't end up going tackle. There's gonna be some better players there for them.

Chargers and Colts seem like locks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:54 AM 03-27-2021
I'm thinking the Bengals don't end up going tackle. There's gonna be some better players there for them.

Chargers and Colts seem like locks.
With the trade down to 12 and then back up to 6, the Dolphins are more likely to take a tackle now depending on how the WR’s fall.

BTW Jeremiah’s latest mock has us trading up to 25 for Jenkins.
[Reply]
O.city 09:14 AM 03-27-2021
With the trade down to 12 and then back up to 6, the Dolphins are more likely to take a tackle now depending on how the WR’s fall.

Dunno how I feel about that. Is he a LT? I thought he was more rt
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:15 AM 03-27-2021

I saw that. And from what I can tell, because he didn’t list what we gave up, it’s #136 in the 4th.

1st - Jenkins
2nd - Meinerz
3rd - Elerson Smith, DE, NIU
4th - Simi Fehoku, WR, Stanford

My only question....is can Jenkins play LT?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 31
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up