ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 31
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>OT Rankings
KChiefs1 10:08 AM 03-03-2021
https://theathletic.com/2419203/2021...ds-deep-class/

Dane Brugler:

1. Penei Sewell, Oregon (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Malaeimi, American Samoa (Desert Hills); Age: 20.56

2. Rashawn Slater, Northwestern (6-foot-4, 308 pounds)
Sugar Land, Texas (Clements); Age: 22.09

3. Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech (6-foot-5, 315 pounds)
Upper Marlboro, Md. (Riverdale); Age: 21.91

4. Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Topeka, Kan. (Topeka); Age: 23.16

5. Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame (6-foot-5, 301 pounds)
Cleveland, Ohio (Saint Ignatius); Age: 23.28

6. Samuel Cosmi, Texas (6-foot-7, 310 pounds)
Humble, Texas (Atascocita); Age: 22.20

7. James Hudson, Cincinnati (6-foot-4, 302 pounds)
Toledo, Ohio (Central Catholic); Age: 21.96

8. D’Ante Smith, East Carolina (6-foot-5, 294 pounds)
Augusta, Ga. (Grovetown); Age: 22.89

9. Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State (6-foot-6, 304 pounds)
Becker, Minn. (Becker); Age: 23.09

10. Walker Little, Stanford (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Houston, Texas (Episcopal); Age: 22.08

11. Brady Christensen, BYU (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Bountiful, Utah (Bountiful)

12. Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa (6-foot-8, 314 pounds)
Lenox, Iowa (Lenox); Age: 23.09
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:07 PM 03-31-2021
I would bet that Eichenberg goes to the Colts in the first round.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:16 PM 03-31-2021
We’re going to shock everyone and draft Stone in the 2nd round.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:18 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I would bet that Eichenberg goes to the Colts in the first round.
I have to wonder with comments like that, if he's even on the Chiefs radar at all, at least for LT.

If Kelly sees it, Reid sees it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:19 PM 03-31-2021
We’re going to shock everyone and draft Stone in the 2nd round.
And a CB in the first.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:25 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And a CB in the first.
CB in the first, Stone in the second, a WR in the third and a DE in the fourth.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:07 PM 03-31-2021
Ok, forgive me, since BR is out as our oline coach who takes his place? Do we believe in said replacement for our oline to BEGIN with?
[Reply]
staylor26 08:08 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Ok, forgive me, since BR is out as our oline coach who takes his place? Do we believe in said replacement for our oline to BEGIN with?
He was our assistant LB coach.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:11 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Huh?

Pretty sure Britt was an assistant linebackers coach.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:11 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He was our assistant LB coach.
Shit! You are correct! My UBER BAD! Sorry!
[Reply]
Dull Tools 01:53 AM 04-01-2021
CB in the first, Stone in the second, a WR in the third and a DE in the fourth.
I can see us taking Caleb Farley in the first. He is likely to fall given his injury.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:08 AM 04-01-2021
Question...

Is it that all of the tackle prospects have some rather significant flaws as left tackles or is it that they are being overanalyzed?

Is the crop, as a hole being overrated?

Christian Darrisaw - Notable issues in pass pro with hand placement/technique but seems to have the rest.

Samuel Cosmi - Clear lack of strength. Slow off the ball. Balance and hand placement issues. That said, shows elite-level athleticism. Is he moldable clay or not?

Rashawn Slater - Seems to have it all in spades, except arm length which is a troubling 33 inches.

Liam Eichenberg - Put down the best pass rushers he faced but 32-3/8" arms are more than concerning, doesn't have great lateral agility, and lacks the athleticism to get out in space.

Dillon Radunz - Seems to have most of what you look for but bad hand placement, lacks sand in his pants, and definitely a poor level of competition.

Alex Leatherwood - Bad hand placement, stops his feet on contact, balance issues, late off the snap, movement is clunky.

Spencer Brown - consensus RT only type with great length and athleticism but a long ways to go in just about all areas.

Jalen Mayfield - inexperienced, bad hand placement, balance issues, only played RT and allowed alot of pressure

Stone Forsythe - not a mover, terribly slow and heavy feet.

Walker Little - Stiff movement, bad against inside moves, some balance issues, not the quickest off the snap, hasn't played in nearly 2 seasons.

Teven Jenkins- Balance issues, lacks awareness, hand placement and overall technique needs refinement, not enough time at LT.

Brady Christensen - Doesn't move well in space, needs to add strength, struggles with speed, moderate competition

Most of the rest are being talked about as guards because of severe limitations in length or movement.

So where do the Chiefs go?

It seems like Slater will get snatched up by someone early because he's an elite guard prospect if they don't see him as a tackle, and he's better than anyone else in this class to take a chance on at LT sans Sewell.

Darrisaw and Jenkins are the only others I've seen consistently in round 1. Many seem to think Darrisaw is there in the 19-20 range and with Washington at 19 being his home, they may be inclined to take him. Is he worth a trade to 18? I don't know.

Jenkins is getting a lot of play at the 24-25 range. I see him as a RT, but I'm not in the consensus. Maybe I'm over-evaluating. He certainly seems to come with the most correctable issues. The Jets seem like a logical trade partner at 23 if that's the case, and should only cost a 3rd (possibly 3 and 4).

If KC had a legit starter for this season, I'd heavily favor Radunz.

Most analysts seem to project a lot of the rest to be there for KC at 31 or beyond.

So, are the issues outlined legitimate enough to make KC pass or are they being overblown by over-analysis? I have a hard time thinking they'd not be enticed by coaching up a guy like Cosmi but maybe he's just not good enough.
[Reply]
Coogs 05:52 AM 04-01-2021
I kind of like Radunz too. The right side should be okay. Remmers was okay on the RT spot last year. If Niang beats Remmers out, in theory we will be even better on the right side. Again, in theory, we should be much better on all three of the interior spots. We could roll with Radunz on the LT spot, and give him a little help with either a TE on his side, or a RB keeping an eye that direction if a play calls for Mahomes needing a little extra time while Radunz is getting more "sand in his pants" to handle the strength part of the job. Then, eventually, you would hope Radunz will be able to handle the LT spot on his own, as you would expect from any LT. But, if need be, give him some help early while he is learning, and trust the other 4 spots to do their job.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:40 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Question...

Is it that all of the tackle prospects have some rather significant flaws as left tackles or is it that they are being overanalyzed?
Yes and Yes.

And even more to the point, they're all being over analyzed by media types in a general way rather than a SPECIFIC way.

By that I mean that a player's specific skills may be perfect for one team and not another. It's difficult to know for sure what an individual GM and coaching staff will view as important and what they'll see as coachable issues. Orlando Brown Jr. may well be a perfect LT for a team like the Ravens, but isn't the best fit for a pass happy team like KC, for example. He'd be a good fit for like...The Titans, for example.

You can't coach out the measurables; the height, weight, reach, etc. Or probably not the 'quicks' or lack thereof. 40 time is probably irrelevant for OL but technique can be fixed.

So what do we kind of know about Andy Reid OT's? Are there strong tendencies in the measurables? I would expect you could assume you'd want to look at smart, hard workers.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:49 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yes and Yes.

And even more to the point, they're all being over analyzed by media types in a general way rather than a SPECIFIC way.

By that I mean that a player's specific skills may be perfect for one team and not another. It's difficult to know for sure what an individual GM and coaching staff will view as important and what they'll see as coachable issues. Orlando Brown Jr. may well be a perfect LT for a team like the Ravens, but isn't the best fit for a pass happy team like KC, for example. He'd be a good fit for like...The Titans, for example.

You can't coach out the measurables; the height, weight, reach, etc. Or probably not the 'quicks' or lack thereof. 40 time is probably irrelevant for OL but technique can be fixed.

So what do we kind of know about Andy Reid OT's? Are there strong tendencies in the measurables? I would expect you could assume you'd want to look at smart, hard workers.
Which sounds like Radunz.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:54 AM 04-01-2021
It just shows me that screaming “OT at #31 or we suck” is stupid. There is no sure fire starter that we are getting at #31. Your best bet is sign a stopgap, find your best 3 OTs in the first two rounds and go get one of them. Whether that’s at #31, or trading back, or trading up in the 2nd or finding a guy at #63. No one is coming in day one and locking this position down. It’s just not happening.

And I love how everyone knocks a player like Niang or Little for not playing football in a year (yes I get they had injuries as well) but they won’t to blow two first round picks to get Sewell....who hasn’t played football in a year.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 31
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up